Hate new cars

Picture Please.

?????? A picture of my windshield? It's not going to show what I am talking about. Like I said, when we bought the car I noticed a ton of water spots on my windshield. They would not come off with Windex. Car was brand new so I took it back and Nissan detailed it out. My car now only has about 800 miles on it and has never been out in the rain or sprinklers. The first time I needed to use the defroster it did not clear my windows, we had to use a towel. Husband tried to clean them again and there is a wax substance that will not come off with Windex.

?????? A picture of my windshield? It's not going to show what I am talking about. Like I said, when we bought the car I noticed a ton of water spots on my windshield. They would not come off with Windex. Car was brand new so I took it back and Nissan detailed it out. My car now only has about 800 miles on it and has never been out in the rain or sprinklers. The first time I needed to use the defroster it did not clear my windows, we had to use a towel. Husband tried to clean them again and there is a wax substance that will not come off with Windex.

if it's really bothering you... then replace the windshield

if it's really bothering you... then replace the windshield

My husband is going to call the auto glass place and see if they might have some different cleaners to use. If nothing works it will definitely just be easier to replace the windshield. Just kind of bummed since it is a brand new car.

http://www.nissan.com.sg/ForOwners/Magic Windshield Coating.pdf

I bet you have this, and it is faulty.

Thanks Botti, I will definitely show this to my husband and the glass company. I kind of thought it was something like this and that it was faulty. I just don't think Nissan can/will do anything about it and I don't want to deal with the hassle. My auto insurance just sent me additional money for my totaled car so I think if I can't get my window issue solved we will just replace it. I believe when I went back to have them try to remove the water spots they used this or some other kind of wax and it just made things worse in the long run. I seldom drive at night and the other night was the first time using the defroster. Night time is when the mess really shows up.

I'll get it solved one way or another.

I have a brand new 2014 Nissan Maxima. I bought it the end of July. The windshield had excessive hard water spots that we could not get off with Windex. So I took my car back to Nissan and after 2+ hours out comes my car with "clean" windows. Now that the weather is getting cold and my windows fog, we notice the windshield has some kind of wax on it. Husband tried repeatedly to clean them with Windex but no luck still have this "wax" on them.

Does anyone know what else we can try? If nothing works, we are actually thinking about just getting a new windshield...not from Nissan.

I'd only replace the windshield as a last resort. Try kerosene. Dampen a cloth just a little bit and test it on the far passengers side of the windshield to see if it will work and if it does clean it off just do a little at a time with all the windows open so it won't smell your new car up like kerosene. If it doesn't work and you end up replacing it tell them to not damage the existing windshield so you can save it as a just in case and if its out of the car your husband can try different ways of cleaning it better with something like canned engine degreaser that can't be done while its on the car.

I'd only replace the windshield as a last resort. Try kerosene. Dampen a cloth just a little bit and test it on the far passengers side of the windshield to see if it will work and if it does clean it off just do a little at a time with all the windows open so it won't smell your new car up like kerosene. If it doesn't work and you end up replacing it tell them to not damage the existing windshield so you can save it as a just in case and if its out of the car your husband can try different ways of cleaning it better with something like canned engine degreaser that can't be done while its on the car.

The link posted earlier leads to information that it looks to me like goes on the outside of the windshield. So, why would you want the windows open when using kerosene? It seems to me having them closed would help keep the smell out.

Off point, I want to share it with you all.

If you have tried to get rid of streaks on your windshield (either outside or inside) or HDTV screen but no success, try [ame="http://www.amazon.com/3-pack-Microfiber-Waffle-Drying-Washcloth/dp/B00B4TUO5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416338421&sr=8-1&keywords=3-pack+Microfiber+Waffle+Weave+Drying+Towels+Dish+Towels+Hand+Towel+Washcloth+%28White%2C+16%22x24%22%29"]this one.[/ame] It WORKS. It is the best dish towel in the world and that's what the restaurants use.

Microfibers designed for windshield or HDTV screen are BS.

You will not regret it.

The link posted earlier leads to information that it looks to me like goes on the outside of the windshield. So, why would you want the windows open when using kerosene? It seems to me having them closed would help keep the smell out.
possibly because the fumes of the kerosene can still seep into the interior of the car through the vents or other possible entry; so windows open would lessen the smell if any does get into the car.

Buy a window cleaner for cars at Pep Boys, etc. I am sure it will solve the problem because Windex is not designed for cars. I did use Windex on my car's windows and it NEVER works (even on my side mirrors with a lot of water spots). It's good for home use only so I bought an automobile window cleaner at Pep Boys and it worked (removed water spots and the stuff dropped from trees), however it left a lot of streaks. I used my dish towel as I mentioned previously to get rid of streaks.

possibly because the fumes of the kerosene can still seep into the interior of the car through the vents or other possible entry; so windows open would lessen the smell if any does get into the car.

Also, if I forgot to mention it, this "wax" stuff is on the inside of my windshield too.
I want to get this solved before I drive by myself to San Francisco Airport to pick up my daughter. Especially if it is raining.

I appreciate all of the suggestions.

I didn't follow the link posted earlier but in my experiences what was described as the windshield fogging up has always happened on the inside of the vehicle. If done on the outside yes I'd keep the windows and doors shut but still just do a little at a time so the kerosene wouldn't spill on anything and take a chance of hurting the paint or something.

Good point

Yes right. Use to spray inside with air fresher or he love to sniffing odor....

I remember I shaved white hard water spots on the windshield window with fresh razor blades, wiped white coke off, spray it with window cleaner.

Mini Cooper: Came back yesterday with oil leaks. Whooa. I saw the repair order invoice that my technician (Name: Stupid) wrote Front Crankshaft Seal, wants 4 hours labor and feel like..:iough:. Wow this Stupid guy suppose to recheck fluid leaks after drive test but he didn't... I will find out by after Thanksgiving to see what's going on with the leak...

Mini Cooper: Came back yesterday with oil leaks. Whooa. I saw the repair order invoice that my technician (Name: Stupid) wrote Front Crankshaft Seal, wants 4 hours labor and feel like..:iough:. Wow this Stupid guy suppose to recheck fluid leaks after drive test but he didn't... I will find out by after Thanksgiving to see what's going on with the leak...

I forget to post it...... The customer declined the addition of oil leak repairs, picked up her car, drop it at the dealer for oil leaks problem.

We have a 2013 Ford F-150 EcoBoost truck, 4 doors cab, came in for oil service. My tech called me to come to see this truck, he sign, Look at this motor.... I was shocking to see this small 3.5 L V6, w/ twin turbochargers and big tranny, like I say myself no way, oh my god. I keep exam under the chassis, looks like normal as I see in the older Ford trucks. You know what this truck's GVWR is? 7100 lbs with a tiny turbocharged 3.5L V6 :shock:. What say you? I bet diehardbike stick with his old school diesel powered truck.

LOL, old school powerstroke rocks, thats 7.3L.. Any diesel engine that comes in 6.x (6.0, 6.4. and yeah newest 6.7) sucks.

Really, the issue is EPA, they wants higher MPG requirements, same time auto mfg customers wants more power, just more power, so the idea of stupid small engine in F-150 with ECOboost. I heard plenty of rants over reliability. A guy who owns it tried to modify the exhaust system, guess what? His truck won't start, so had to tow to Ford dealer, they said can not modify the exhaust system, computer will lock out. WTF?

Back