Has anyone Been abuse by a parent for being HOH?

I kept my abuse "bottled up" for many, many years. It's too extensive to post here, and when I became much older, it all came to a head....and I suffered several nervous breakdown.

I was on so much medication. And seeing a psycharist twice a month. My mother was murdered when I was 14, and 3 weeks before that, I had become deaf almost overnight (blotched surgery)...my father was a life-long abusive alcoholic, and I did not attend his funeral, my family was all split up (6 of us)..and it goes on and on.

However, I've found inner peace and now do not take any medication for many years, at all! Instead of dwelling on what was....I dwell on what can be, today!...And to make any child's life better, is what what planned for me (I believe). It's my direction, helping a child to have a better life.

I'm sorry to hear what you went through as well (hugs)

I was physically and emotionally abuse by my dad and emotionally abuse by the rest of my family . My dad would hit me in the head or throw things at me! My dad would call for me when I was upstairs in my bedroom with the door close! Needless to say I could not hear him! Dad would get mad as I did not aswer him then hit me! Dad had some friends over one day , they got drunk , then dad thought it would be "FUN" to put me the roasting pan we use to cook the trukey in! Dad then put some matches around the pan , he was about to put me in the stove ,and my mom came downstairs screaming bloodly murder at dad! My older brother thought his was great and was run around the table pretending to be an Indian! My older sister told about this as I was only a baby! Years laterly when I had my own baby I had a horrible nightware about my baby being kidnap , cut up and put in a paper bag! A friend help me realize this was from my childhood and my baby was ok!

I'm sorry you've had to go through that. (hugs).

Also anybody I've accidently missed out. I'm sorry about your trauma too. Kid's should never be treated this way.

Been abused by my parents? No I have not.

However, I was treated differently because of my deafness.... I was kept on tight leash.... meaning I didn't have a whole lot of freedom. My parents were very protective of me... I wasn't allowed to go out with my friends alone until I was only ten years old.... I wasn't allowed to walk to the store with my friends until I was 12 years old.... I wasn't allowed to be in the mall alone with my friends until I was 13.....

But as each year progress....I was given more freedom. But not much... my deaf friends had even more freedom than I did. However I do know two girls who are deaf and that they are same age as I am, they did not have freedom as I did... they were even kept on tighter leash than I was. Even to this day, she's 25 and she's not allowed to drive out of city of Vancouver. I was 16 when my parents has allowed me to drive out of city of Vancouver.

The tighter the leash they have on me, the more rebellous I became. At age of 18, I couldn't stand it anymore, I was legally adult and yet they still treated me like a child. I took off and I haven't spoken to them for three years. Only this January we have begun speaking to eachother again and now we're a family....and they have learned that they can NOT control me. I have my own life and it's my choices, not theirs.

I hate it just because I'm deaf does not mean I don't have my own mind.... That's very wrong. Deaf means I can't hear.... deaf does NOT mean that I can't make my own mind. My brain is unaffected by my deafness. It's my ears that are affected by my deafness. They finally got the freakin message!

However, I was treated differently because of my deafness.... I was kept on tight leash.... meaning I didn't have a whole lot of freedom. My parents were very protective of me... I wasn't allowed to go out with my friends alone until I was only ten years old.... I wasn't allowed to walk to the store with my friends until I was 12 years old.... I wasn't allowed to be in the mall alone with my friends until I was 13.....

But as each year progress....I was given more freedom. But not much... my deaf friends had even more freedom than I did. However I do know two girls who are deaf and that they are same age as I am, they did not have freedom as I did... they were even kept on tighter leash than I was. Even to this day, she's 25 and she's not allowed to drive out of city of Vancouver. I was 16 when my parents has allowed me to drive out of city of Vancouver.

The tighter the leash they have on me, the more rebellous I became. At age of 18, I couldn't stand it anymore, I was legally adult and yet they still treated me like a child. I took off and I haven't spoken to them for three years. Only this January we have begun speaking to eachother again and now we're a family....and they have learned that they can NOT control me. I have my own life and it's my choices, not theirs.

I hate it just because I'm deaf does not mean I don't have my own mind.... That's very wrong. Deaf means I can't hear.... deaf does NOT mean that I can't make my own mind. My brain is unaffected by my deafness. It's my ears that are affected by my deafness. They finally got the freakin message!

Kaelei: I know what you mean about controlling parents. Mine are like that too.

Kaelei , I had to LOL when I read the part about your brain is unaffected !
God , people are so dumb, when some people see my HA they did uptight and you know they're thinking, how do I to talk to this person she retarded!
I feel like using sign language , the one that is the middle finger!

Just wanted to tell everyone here who has been abused how sorry that you have to go through that and here is a :hug: for everyone!

I certainly understand the overprotective parents.

I ended up in a group home from ages 18 to 21 because I didn't want to be under their complete control.

I'm sorry for your losses wild. <hugs>

My mother passed away 7 days before Christmas, so I can relate.

I only celebrate Christmas with my sister because my family no longer talks to each other now that my parents have passed away.

Last year I spent Christmas alone due to something that happened between my sister and I on Christmas Eve. It was the first Christmas I ever spent by myself. I was miserable and cried all day longing for the days when we used to have large family get togethers.

Christmas just isn't the same anymore and doesn't hold the same joy it used to now that my parents are no longer here.

thanks hear again :) yeah I understand how u feel tho.. <hugs> :)

Like Kalei, I too was kept on a tight leash. I wasn't allowed to join extracurricular activities because I was deaf (I had to beg and plead my parents for years before I could join the basketball team in 1998) Then they never showed up to my games, although they always showed up to my brother's football games. My brother was allowed to go out with friends on weekends. I was never allowed that thus I would spend hours and hours on end in front of the computer in chat rooms. The Internet essentially became my social life as I wasn't allowed out. Then I got griped at for being 'addicted' to the chat rooms. What was I supposed to do? Stare at the walls in my room?

All because I was deaf. They never understood and to this day they still don't understand. I think they had this sort of low expectation of me because I couldn't hear. Again I think my parents were fed a lot of audist bull crap regarding my hearing status.

My mom passed away when I was 6. I lost my first stepmom at the age of 15 and my second stepmom never cared about me (whom I had been with since the age of 12).

My grandparents all passed away when I was between 12 to 16.

My father passed away in 2002 whom I have taken care off since age 12 when he stupidly married my second stepmom who never cared about either of us. I'm still curious what got into my dad's head for that. More regular beating and locking off started from that age on...

FML ;)

Thanks to everybody who showed their concern! <hug>

Hi everyone,

This thread reminded me of a beautiful song that came out in the 80s called "Dear Mr. Jesus." I've included the video along with the lyrics. I also copied the lyrics below for DB ADers using Braille displays. Every time I hear this song, it brings me to tears. :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aiYg0BOsOs&NR=1]YouTube - Dear Mr Jesus// with lyrics[/ame]

Dear Mr. Jesus

Dear Mr. Jesus, I just had to write to you
Something really scared me,
when I saw it on the news,
A story 'bout a little girl beaten black and blue
Jesus, thought I'd take this right to you.

Dear Mr. Jesus, I don't understand,
Why they took her mom and dad away.
I know that they don't mean to hit
with wild and angry hands,
Tell them just how big they, are I pray.

Please don't let them hurt your children,
We need love and shelter from the storm.
Won't you keep us safe and warm.

Dear Mr. Jesus, they say that she may die,
Oh I hope the doctors stop the pain.
I know that you could save her,
and take her up to the sky,
So she would never have to hurt again.

Dear Mr. Jesus, please tell me what to do,
And please don't tell my daddy,
But my mommy hits me, too.

Hear Again, there is a website called F my Life:
FMyLife - FML : Your everyday life stories.
People submit a certain event that happened to them and end it with "FML" (F*** my life). I think some of them are made up, but they are still pretty funny.

:ty: for the explanation. I've read FML before and have it bookmarked in fact. I just didn't recognize that was the abbreviation Jamie was using. :giggle: :ty: again.

I think my parents were fed a bunch of oralist crap throughout the years and they refused to see the other side of the coin that yes even if I could hear sounds, I still couldn't make sense of speech without amplification and without proper accommodations. This is why I missed out so much during my elementary years. If I couldn't hear it, I didn't know. I was completely oblivious.

Same thing here. My parents might not abused me but the (pro-oral) system abused me. I feel I am behind in some areas.

Back