Hard of hearing teen girl

thanks for being so nice to me everyone would anyone that is fluent in sign language and is my age like to skype with me?

elsey, I didn't notice you're in Ohio! It's awesome that you're interested in ASL....I wonder if you could get your IEP written so you could learn ASL at school.
Check out Ohio School for the Deaf: Ohio School for the Deaf - HOME
and St. Rita's: St. Rita School for the Deaf I know St. Rita's is pretty good ...there's also MSSD in DC: Model Secondary School for the Deaf
There are also summer camps you could take advantage of. I would assume that both St. Rita's and Ohio School both have summer programs.
There's also the Gally University Summer programs: Youth Programs - Gallaudet University
They have an Immersian into ASL program for dhh kids who want to learn ASL....There's also NTID summer programs too! RIT - NTID - Explore Your Future (EYF)
I think you'd love them!!!!!!! I REALLY wish I had the oppeunrity to go to a deaf summer program.....this will kick skyping with someone your age's butt.........you really need to get involved in with the community...and you're still in school.....see if you can't go to a deaf school/camp or program to become fluent in ASL and experiance deaf culture!

Hello :D Im Corina and i am hearing lol. But im learning ASL on my own :) GO TO LIFEPRINT.COM!!!!! Its quite wonderful :) and the teacher is great. seriously.

Haha and I am 15 btw. If you want to skype we can sign together :) Im not all that good yet, but practice makes perfect! Email me if ya want to skype or whatever ^^ or even if ya just want to talk

i was told i may not go deaf but i will keep on posting as often as i can for support just remember you are not alone on this ite

elsey, I didn't notice you're in Ohio! It's awesome that you're interested in ASL....I wonder if you could get your IEP written so you could learn ASL at school.
Check out Ohio School for the Deaf: Ohio School for the Deaf - HOME
and St. Rita's: St. Rita School for the Deaf I know St. Rita's is pretty good ...there's also MSSD in DC: Model Secondary School for the Deaf
There are also summer camps you could take advantage of. I would assume that both St. Rita's and Ohio School both have summer programs.
There's also the Gally University Summer programs: Youth Programs - Gallaudet University
They have an Immersian into ASL program for dhh kids who want to learn ASL....There's also NTID summer programs too! RIT - NTID - Explore Your Future (EYF)
I think you'd love them!!!!!!! I REALLY wish I had the oppeunrity to go to a deaf summer program.....this will kick skyping with someone your age's butt.........you really need to get involved in with the community...and you're still in school.....see if you can't go to a deaf school/camp or program to become fluent in ASL and experiance deaf culture!
i am learning how to sign at my public school and in the summer im going to take classes at st. ritas. its 10 minutes from my house.

i am also 16 i am not deaf yet but awaiting it. couldnt be more scared

Oh! Don't fear anything but fear itself!
I am a grown up and newly hoh but I am blessed to have met wonderful deaf friends where I live. Some were hoh or hearing as a kid. I believe when you associate with happily deaf and hoh peeps of all ages it helps a lot!
Online you can search your state for local deafchats and meet all kinds of deafies with various communication skills.
Also my deaf friends are on facebook.
You are going to be fine! No lie or exaggeration. :)
There are just as many beautiful aspects to being in the deaf silence as in the noisey hearing state. Talk with elderly deaf and seek your path to a satisfying and peaceful future

Merry Christmas.

Hi my name is Kelsey Smith. I am 16. I am hard of hearing but I do not know many deaf teens because my parents put in public school and I am just now really learning how to sign. I was hoping to find deaf teens my age to Skype with so I can have more friends and get better at signing. :)

Like I wrote to another teen here, you can check online to see if there are local deafchats. Also on facebook it is amazing how fast one deaf friend becomes ten! :)
Practice sure is hard when nobody wants to but you..that's my problem. Luckily my besties who are deafies love me so much they are coming over today to visit maybe sleepover too!

I hope you find some good friends in this new year!

Back