Hard Of Hearing But Do Not Use Asl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I guess I can lead the horse to water, but I can't make him drink! What I've been alluding to without success is; the Deaf community who has received a sub par education should be bringing lawsuits against these schools, states, provinces, etc. to get compensation for the crappy education you received. One can't do it alone, but bunch all the Deaf together and you might have some success.

if thats what you've been saying then your weren't using enlgish.
because i cant see how anyone can get the above from any of your former posts.

yes sure..
we need to sue them.
alright.

This was court mandated under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, so in this case it is the United States Government.

right
so why are not waging your finger at them?

your on here wagging your finger to us about how poor our education is event though you admit we have no control over it.
so
you know where to take that finger...

Not at all; as has been said time and again, there are good and bad schools for hearing kids, just as there are good and bad schools for the deaf kids. What you describe is the dream sequence of all schools whether they are schools for the deaf or a school for the kids who can hear. The question you should be asking is: if these kids has received or is receiving such a great education that gave or gives the kid a variety of options, to be well rounded educationally and socially, then why is the unemployment rate of the deaf at 50% in the U.S.? Something is being done wrong and needs to be fixed.

Children attending public schools in the U.S. have not been tracked since the inclusion of Title VI in 1964, which basically outlawed it because it was discriminatory. There are those in education that say that was the last time education actually worked in the U.S., in other countries that still track kids, they end up sending kids out into the world prepared to make a living based on their abilities based on test scores that led them down the business, industrial or academic track. Today every kid in public schools are required to basically do the same or similar corse loads in order the graduate; basically the people in education have said every kid is capable of being a rocket scientist and unfortunately, that is not the case.
I keep trying to tell you. The overwhelming majority of dhh kids attend PUBLIC SCHOOL! Deaf school is pretty much an afterthought. The unemployment level does not have to do with a lot of kids attending low expectation dhh schools or programs. If public school automaticly meant a good quality education, dhh as kids people would have unlimited unemployment. And yes, I agree with you. Part of the problem with mainstream education is that it is designed for a very strong academic " college prep" track. That's great for dhh kids (or other disabled) who may only need a minimal accomonations approach, and who are going to end up at a very competitive school, such as Harvard. And as you know hearing and typical children often are well educated on paper, but have little/no real skills.

right

your on here wagging your finger to us about how poor our education is event though you admit we have no control over it.
so
Yup. Exactly. For the past few decades the emphasis has been on INCLUSION. And not inclusion as a choice among many options, but inclusion as the be all and end all. Deaf School/dhh program is only given as an option either when the kid isn't doing so well in the mainstream (which means they are HUGELY behind) or if they are in the know (DODA families and a handful of hearing families who want their kids educated at a deaf school or a program)

right

so
I answered the question, already!

if thats what you've been saying then your weren't using enlgish.
because i cant see how anyone can get the above from any of your former posts.

yes sure..
we need to sue them.
alright.

No, I'm using English, your just too stoned to understand it.

then pls by all means go back through your posts here in this thread. and quote them for me and lets compare your actual language, the words you used in those posts and lets see if the add up to the meaning you state they do.
i'm not stoned.
but i love languages.
lets get to the bones of it.
english is fun.

ill wait.
though wont hold my breath

We have gone down this road before.

Yes, deafness doesn't limit you physically, but not having a well rounded education and/or the necessary tools or skills to do the job does. It has very little to do with discrimination or bigotry: it's bringing the skills and the education needed to perform the job that does it. Since the deaf population makes up a very small percentage of the general population of any country, it is unreasonable to think that everyone should know ASL and it makes more sense that the deaf community adapt to communicating with the hearing world to make themselves more employable.

Here is a link to one of the many studies on the subject.

this is your first post in this thread.
we will do this with all of them, because its important so get to what you actually stated

where in this post of yours can one get from english that you stated we need to sue them?

i want to improve my english so pls show me here where one can get we need to sue them from your post?

this is your second post, using english in this thread.

Looked at both, but the last time I looked Gallaudet is a deaf school and since Cordano is the president of the university, she may be a little biased, and has provided no studies to back up her statements other than stating them as fact. Also there graduates also have a very high employment rate in the deaf community.

Paddy Ladd might also be a tad bit biased since he is deaf and a deaf scholar and is deaf activist and deaf researcher, so his opinion and opinions might not be the most even handed.

What I linked was an unbiased study/survey regarding why the deaf community has a higher unemployment rate that the hearing world.

As I have said in the past, I know people who are deaf and hold well paying jobs and the biggest reason for it is probably their education as well as being able to adapt and basically blend into the hearing world. Also as I have said before: education will set you free. I also know people who are owners or in upper management of companies and what they are looking for is the best candidate for the job: if you're deaf and can do the job they could care less.

Look at your own communication skills. You don't capitalize or punctuate anything and you spelling is not too good. Employers don't want to have to teach you how to communicate for hold your hand, they want you to bring to the table what you need to do the job. If you've had problems getting or holding on to a job as well as "every Deaf i went to school with," then you probably have to look no further that the school you attended.

The problem here is you live in a largely hearing world and it's you as part of the less than 1% who are deaf must adapt to the hearing world if you want to succeed. I've never said you should not have a language, what I've said is you have to adapt to the hearing world and bring the skills to the table needed to succeed in it. The blind don't have the communication problems that the deaf do and they are taught to use braille as well as the written word in proper English. so they bring to the table skills that depending on the deaf school and their curriculum some deaf people are lacking.

Absolutely! Unfortunately there are only so many of those jobs around.

Some yes, some no. Just as it is in the hearing world.

I've never done that, you have done it to yourself. Welcome to the real world, it is run by "hearies" and you have to acquire the skills needed to succeed in the hearing world.

where in this post of yours in english can one get as you claim that we should sue them as you state?
perhaps your the stoned one here,
can you pls show me where you state in these posts that we should sue them?
im trying to understand here, i want to improve my english.

here is post three you made in this thread.
can you pls show me how in english one can get "sue them" from this post. i want to improve my english here, an dim missing it..as you claim..so i provided you the posts in entirety to help disentangle your claims from facts. lets take look..

You said you were hearing until the age of 9, so you must still be able to communicate in the hearing world and I would be willing to bet you are able to read lips to a certain degree since basically everyone can do so and that includes those that can hear.

So what you're saying is that the other 99% of the worlds population should learn ASL to fit your needs?

In the U.S. employers have to provide reasonable accommodation. So whatever is reasonable to allow the deaf to communicate with the hearing employees.

"because allot here is at stake ie Deaf future.
my peoples future. " And here lies the problem. You want us to adapt to your world and not to the hearing one who makes up the lyons share of the working world. I haven't had much involvement with the deaf community but of the little I have had, I have found a very secretive society that has their own signs that is basically kept within the community and an unwillingness to enter or have much to do with the hearing world.

I understand that life dealt you a bad hand, but like someone who is handicapped by bad luck and overcomes it, you can to, you just have to be willing to work at it and bring to the table the skills needed.

words are neat arent they?

I am not saying it's going to be harder to land the job if you are deaf, but you have to have the skills and tools needed to even be considered.

this is post four you made in this thread.

can show me where in english one can get "sue them" from your words so far in any of your posts?
i provided YOUR words so we can discuss it. i want to improve my english, so pls show me
thanks

here is post three you made in this thread.
can you pls show me how in english one can get "sue them" from this post. i want to improve my english here, an dim missing it..as you claim..so i provided you the posts in entirety to help disentangle your claims from facts. lets take look..

words are neat arent they?
Sen is very obviously someone writing from a hearing perspective who knows nothing about his subject matter.

Why are you even bothering with him?

this is post four you made in this thread, in english

Not at all; as has been said time and again, there are good and bad schools for hearing kids, just as there are good and bad schools for the deaf kids. What you describe is the dream sequence of all schools whether they are schools for the deaf or a school for the kids who can hear. The question you should be asking is: if these kids has received or is receiving such a great education that gave or gives the kid a variety of options, to be well rounded educationally and socially, then why is the unemployment rate of the deaf at 50% in the U.S.? Something is being done wrong and needs to be fixed.

Children attending public schools in the U.S. have not been tracked since the inclusion of Title VI in 1964, which basically outlawed it because it was discriminatory. There are those in education that say that was the last time education actually worked in the U.S., in other countries that still track kids, they end up sending kids out into the world prepared to make a living based on their abilities based on test scores that led them down the business, industrial or academic track. Today every kid in public schools are required to basically do the same or similar corse loads in order the graduate; basically the people in education have said every kid is capable of being a rocket scientist and unfortunately, that is not the case.

where in this post, in english did you state or can we get "sue them"?
i want to improve my english, so pls if you can show me thanks..

Sen is very obviously someone writing from a hearing perspective who knows nothing about his subject matter.

Why are you even bothering with him?

i ask myself this every time i reply to him.
i guess its just his bullshit needs to be challenged.

here we are in post six of yours when you finally actually state

Okay, I guess I can lead the horse to water, but I can't make him drink! What I've been alluding to without success is; the Deaf community who has received a sub par education should be bringing lawsuits against these schools, states, provinces, etc. to get compensation for the crappy education you received. One can't do it alone, but bunch all the Deaf together and you might have some success.

i provided your other posts in full, as well as this one.
so can you show me how this posts and the others add up to stating "sue them"?

in this post indeed you state such but i cant seem to find how you stated it in the other posts prior.
i want to improve my english
so pls
help me
thank you

i may be a 300 pound african american lebsian midget for all you know..
but thats irrelevant to the actually discussion.

first year in university i learned the lesson to argue against peoples ideas, not at what those people maybe doing on a firdiay night with themselves or who ever...

i understand thats a hard concept for many to grasp
but give it a shot.

argue against my ideas, not against if im a lesbian or a stoner.
thank you

here we are in post six of yours when you finally actually state

i provided your other posts in full, as well as this one.
so can you show me how this posts and the others add up to stating "sue them"?

in this post indeed you state such but i cant seem to find how you stated it in the other posts prior.
i want to improve my english
so pls
help me
thank you

I was writing it in the hope that you would understand it, since your posts lead in many different directions without providing any real answers. I guess your not good at reading between the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back