Hair-cutting

For example if I had a babysit for my son, and his babysit cut his hair without my knowledge then I would be pissed off. I wouldn't allow any of my son's babysitter to cut any of his hair without my permission.. I still wouldn't allow any of his babysitter. But for recently he had a babysitter to watch him while I was away I had no problems.. But for future, I would not and I would tell the babysitter to not cut any of his hairs or nails by his fingers or toes or anything. Because one time when I was senior and my family especially one of my sisters and my brother stayed at home while we were away and did not know that my sister was trying to give my youngest brother a whiskey which I was lucky to found in my sister's bag and it was empty. I had to let my parents cuz my brother was too young at the time when my sister babysitted him. Lucky that my brother did not drink but my parents kicked my sister out for that. It can be too difficult time to trust anyone.

:pissed: if that ever happen to me i would be :pissed: and say YOU'RE FIRED FIRED FIRED FIRED (quote from cat in the hat movie)

Oh dear, I can understand how you feel, Cheri :hug:

Yes, I'm agree that your sitter should ask you first because you are a mother.

I hope you don't mind me for open my opinion on your thread which it relate on "without ask mother for permission first".

Is it first time? If yes, I'm sure that she doesn't mean out of purposely to upset you but want to take care of your children well for you. I know what she doing painly wrong. I'm sure that she or her mother learn their lessons for not do that again in the future. It would be different story if there're SECOND time.

This thread remind me of my MIL. :mad: I would like to give you few examples of many about my MIL.

1. my MIL ordered everything for Danny's christening without ask us first that's time I JUST had Danny in the hospitail. She beleived that Danny should go direct to have christening right way after hospitail to protect "sinn". I told her that we would not do that until we feel ready........ She is sour that we let Danny christening when he was 4 months old.

2. We left one year old Danny to his grandparent for the weekends. MIL got Danny to hairstylist to trim his hair without let us know. We told her in firm way to not do that again in the future unless get our permission first because we are the parents. She said that Danny is also her grandson, too and want to see his hair clean and neat. I asked her to respect us if we as parents have different view as her.

3. my MIL kept on tell us to buy Danny's first shoes before he began walk. I'm disagreed to this because I beleive to have Danny to wear his first shoe AFTER his FIRST walking, not training him with shoe to walk. Guess what, she ignored us to buy a first shoe for Danny and trained him to walk with shoes that's time he was crawler.

4. She ignored our rules and do what she wants with our son which it's last and enough for us after many times. (We planned before I had Danny that she want to look after Danny while I go back to work). I decided to have Danny at Child Minder with the recommend from Children Protection Service instead of trust MIL to watch Danny. It wakes my MIL up and respect us more and more after had my 2nd child.

Those 4 example points, I gave you is disrespectful and ignorant which it's different with your situation. I'm sure that the sitter realize that she made her first mistake to let her daughter to do your son's hair without ask you first. I would suggest you calm down and make peace with them and also forgive their first mistakes and have a good talk with them and also make arrange with them before you go away again when you know that she is good sitter in the past. Remember that every make mistakes. :hug:

Liebling said:
Is it first time? If yes, I'm sure that she doesn't mean out of purposely to upset you but want to take care of your children well for you. I know what she doing painly wrong. I'm sure that she or her mother learn their lessons for not do that again in the future. It would be different story if there're SECOND time

Hon, I already point out in my post that this is the third time that I've told her not to have my son's hair cut and all those three times my son had his hair shaved off. Did it stop after the third time? No, She let her daughter cut my son's hair again. Now that is four times she allowing that to happen.

Cheri said:
I've told her after the third time that her daughter had cut his hair before that I would be the one cutting his hair and I did told her please do not let her daughter cut his hair. But did she listen? I am not allowing her to watch him again anymore.

It shows that she decide to ignored my requested. Enough is enough, She is done. Just because she's a sitter that doesn't give her any rights to do whatever she wishes to my son. I pay her to take care of my son, not giving him special hair cuts.

Occchh I didn't pay the attention on your post over "THIRD" time... It's enough now... It's logically that you are upset because it's not first time.

I would not say anything in my first post after read your post over "THIRD" time... I don't blame you... That's disrespectful and ignorant what she did with you... Forget my first post..... Liebling :smash: Cheri or perhap better: Liebling
chair1.gif
Cheri

Liebling:-))) said:
Occchh I didn't pay the attention on your post over "THIRD" time... It's enough now... It's logically that you are upset because it's not first time.

I would not say anything in my first post after read your post over "THIRD" time... I don't blame you... That's disrespectful and ignorant what she did with you... Forget my first post..... Liebling :smash: Cheri or perhap better: Liebling
chair1.gif
Cheri

It's ok sweetie, to be honest here If it was the first time she ever gave him a hair cut, I am a forgiving person and I would give her a chance at babysitting. But, four times? :nono:

I would take my weedwhacker to the sitter's hair.

Cheri said:
Hon, I already point out in my post that this is the third time that I've told her not to have my son's hair cut and all those three times my son had his hair shaved off. Did it stop after the third time? No, She let her daughter cut my son's hair again. Now that is four times she allowing that to happen.
Wow! Why did you give her three chances? I think after the second time, she already proved that she does not respect or obey your wishes.

Tousi said:
I would take my weedwhacker to the sitter's hair.

LOL Tousi! You crack me up! I needed the laugh. Thanks :)

Though, a bad hair cut isn't life threatening - I wouldn't hire the same babysitter again if it wasn't the first time she has done it without permission and with the the knowledge that the parent explicitly told her to NOT do it. Who knows what else the babysitter did to disrespect the parent/s.

Reba said:
Wow! Why did you give her three chances? I think after the second time, she already proved that she does not respect or obey your wishes.

Yes, I agree with you but she an older lady sometimes I go soft on her because she is old. After accepting numeric of apology from her, I gave her a chance too many. I made sure before I left to go out of state for 5 weeks, that I did not want her daughter to cut my son's hair. I even told her twice that day. I thought she would get the picture that I'm serious. But I guess not. Her daughter told me not to blame her mother because she didn't know that she was going to do my son's hair. It doesn't matter I told her twice before I left and I thought she would have passed that message to the daughter. But she didn't. :(

*taking mental notes*

I'll make damn sure that I give the rules before the sitter gets the job.

Katzie said:
*taking mental notes*

I'll make damn sure that I give the rules before the sitter gets the job.
True. It is a good idea to write down the rules and the parents and babysitter each sign a copy. That protects everyone, no misunderstandings. It is a babysitting contract.

Liza said:
...Though, a bad hair cut isn't life threatening - I wouldn't hire the same babysitter again if it wasn't the first time she has done it without permission and with the the knowledge that the parent explicitly told her to NOT do it. Who knows what else the babysitter did to disrespect the parent/s.
I agree. If the babysitter ignores one rule, how can you know if she is obeying the other rules? That is not a secure feeling.

Here I am... baffled about this because I've never cut my niece or nephews' hair. Sure I'll comb their hair as it calls for it when their mothers are out for the day and their hair needs tidying up, especially my niece, I can't help it. She has the long curly locks! To cut it or even trim it, nosireebobby! I don't even do that. When I babysat two kids, a mother specifically requested I not comb her daughter's hair into ponytails and so on when I babysat her kids. I was thinking to myself... "What's more important to her, me watching her kids or me beautifying her children?!"

If I work with a babysitter for cutting hair but I have to ask their parent if that is okay that I can cut their hair or go to the shop.

I wouldnt care, if its on my boys... I can always shave thier heads... which I do anyways... but now I am pregnant with a daughter... and when she gets older, if a babysitter cut her hair I would be very upset.

katt.

Oh my. I would be very upset if the babysitter cuts my daughter's hair without asking me first to see if it is okay for her to cut my daughter's hair or not. Cheri, you said the babysitter had done it three times without asking you first. If I were you, I would find another babysitter who would respect my rules. I am so sorry about what the babysitter did to your son's hair without asking you first. :hug:

Back