Hair-cutting

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
How would you feel if a baby-sitter cuts your child's hair without your permission? Would you thanked the sitter for the surprise or would you be upset at the fact that she didn't ask for your permission? Please discuss. ;)

I would be really upset if babysitter did without my permission, Babysitter repsobsile is to make sure the child is breathing and alive not to snip snip hair

yea i will get upset abt that.. cuz of my kids are not their .. they are mine... i has a right upset or mad at babysitter..

i will get upset if baby sitter had cut my child hair

i will let them know do NOT cut my child hair only i can thank you

only take care of the child not the hair

I think I will have mushroom cloud right above my head!

And Said "Your FIRED!"

Thank you all for your answers :grouphug:

Actutally this had happened to my youngest son, :( The sitter's daughter gave my son a hair cut which she shaved it off and My step-mother went over to visited my son to see if he needed anything, She told me about it in Reno. I end up in tears at the fact that the sitter never asked me for permission to allowing to give my son a haircut. I felt that I'm his mother and it's my duty to give my own son a hair cut or take him some place to get one. I've told her how I felt when I arrived home, She states that his front banks were covering his eyes, But that doesn't give her any right to go ahead and give him a hair cut. I've told her after the third time that her daughter had cut his hair before that I would be the one cutting his hair and I did told her please do not let her daughter cut his hair. But did she listen? I am not allowing her to watch him again anymore. :pissed:

Your feelings are valid, and your thoughts were clear. Sorry to hear that this had happened to you.

Sitter really have no excuse for this stupidity, IMHO!

Cheri said:

Actutally this had happened to my youngest son, :( The sitter's daughter gave my son a hair cut which she shaved it off and My step-mother went over to visited my son to see if he needed anything, She told me about it in Reno. I end up in tears at the fact that the sitter never asked me for permission to allowing to give my son a haircut. I felt that I'm his mother and it's my duty to give my own son a hair cut or take him some place to get one. I've told her how I felt when I arrived home, She states that his front banks were covering his eyes, But that doesn't give her any right to go ahead and give him a hair cut. I've told her after the third time that her daughter had cut his hair before that I would be the one cutting his hair and I did told her please do not let her daughter cut his hair. But did she listen? I am not allowing her to watch him again anymore. :pissed:

Cheri said:

oh man! i cant believe that babysitter did it.. that is very wrong of her!!!!geez...

i would be mad if they done to my kids unless ask me permission and what kind cut. etc.

HOW ABOUT THIS.....

well, my bf has a daughter. but daughter's hair alots of bad splits and roots. Need cut alike about 3 inches off , beside our families agree. We consider to get her haircut, will daughter's real mom get upset? Since not take care of her hair? Talking to her real mom about it is - (out of option!) Any other suggestion? Should we go ahead ourselves?

SherryCherish said:
well, my bf has a daughter. but daughter's hair alots of bad splits and roots. Need cut alike about 3 inches off , beside our families agree. We consider to get her haircut, will daughter's real mom get upset? Since not take care of her hair? Talking to her real mom about it is - (out of option!) Any other suggestion? Should we go ahead ourselves?

I would suggest this to her mother, and how the family sees that the daughter really needs a hair cut. It doesn't hurt to ask, But I wouldn't do it behind her back. I don't think the mother knew that she has some spilt ends, If you suggested it to her that you and your boyfriend are willing to pay to get the daughter's hair done. I'm sure she wouldn't mind would she? ;)

SherryCherish said:
i would be mad if they done to my kids unless ask me permission and what kind cut. etc.

HOW ABOUT THIS.....

SherryCherish,

Take a good look at your post. You stated you would be mad if they did that to your kids unless they asked you for your permission and what kind of cut. However, you just contradicted yourself by stating the different opinion by considering to cut off your boyfriend's child's hair. Do you think the mother would be just as mad if you went ahead and "beautified" her"?

cookie monster, i do understand ur point. My boyfriend's daughter never get haircut, she always complain her forehead hair get long and always into her eyes. Good enough she cutted herself real short on forehead cuz her mother don't seem cares. Even her mom also not even care if daughter need a right clothes. She always end up small clothes, alike she have a hard time to take short off and her shirt look like shrink. We did give the clothes to them, they seem not let her wear them. So we decide to use clothes at our house only. Since her mother has child supports and not pay her anything new. The reason, we want daughter have good hygiene and grooming. We want a good take care of her. The point, if she take care of daughter, we wouldn't do anything. We want to see daughter have a good life.

talking to her mother? she don't cooperate and don't care. Only cares when shes gone on weekend so mother have her self time as party. That why i said "out of option".

Oh yes I would have been mad too and fired her if she ever did that without my permission...Babysitters should always ask the parents for their premission first being going ahead and do it...

I also agree with Cheri and CookieMonster, it would be best to ask the mother first before getting the girl a haircut! :)

SherryCherish said:
cookie monster, i do understand ur point. My boyfriend's daughter never get haircut, she always complain her forehead hair get long and always into her eyes. Good enough she cutted herself real short on forehead cuz her mother don't seem cares. Even her mom also not even care if daughter need a right clothes. She always end up small clothes, alike she have a hard time to take short off and her shirt look like shrink. We did give the clothes to them, they seem not let her wear them. So we decide to use clothes at our house only. Since her mother has child supports and not pay her anything new. The reason, we want daughter have good hygiene and grooming. We want a good take care of her. The point, if she take care of daughter, we wouldn't do anything. We want to see daughter have a good life.

talking to her mother? she don't cooperate and don't care. Only cares when shes gone on weekend so mother have her self time as party. That why i said "out of option".

Wow, sounds like the mother is not taking a very good care of her daug, if that the case I don't see any harm of going ahead and do it, I mean the mother doesn't seem to care enough to take care of the problem

Cheri said:
I would suggest this to her mother, and how the family sees that the daughter really needs a hair cut. It doesn't hurt to ask, But I wouldn't do it behind her back. I don't think the mother knew that she has some spilt ends, If you suggested it to her that you and your boyfriend are willing to pay to get the daughter's hair done. I'm sure she wouldn't mind would she? ;)
yea true i agree with u... geez!

Ouch!,

Isn't right thing babysitter have no rights invade your child haircut without constant permission first...

Have you done speak out w/ babysitter about your son's hair ? What babysitter says ?

Geez, If I were you... I would flip my mind off and upset more... and will dare speak out w/person who did haircut my child's hair... which have no rights invade my child's property without parent' constant first!

Cheri, your sitter should have asked you first if it's alright to have your son's hair cut. I'm sure she was only doing it out of good intention, but she needed to realize that you are the MOTHER, first of all....who decides everything about your sons. I'm so sorry she went ahead and cut his hair without even asking you first. I wouldn't let anyone cut my children's hair either. My husband's mother asked me first if it's alright to trim the kids front hairband and since she does it much better job than I could, I told her she could do it anytime she sees that they needed it. She enjoys doing that. If she does it without my permission, I would be very upset, like you, Cheri. I wouldn't think of cutting my friend or my brother's kids hair without asking their parents first.

diehardbiker65 said:
I think I will have mushroom cloud right above my head!

And Said "Your FIRED!"

Ditto...exactly my sentiments...

There are certain things that a babysitter doesn't do and this definitely crossed the line.

Oh man where has common sense gone...seems like too many people have totally lost it.

It was totally inappropriate for the babysitter to cut the child's hair without permission. That would upset me as a mother. I don't even cut my grandsons' hair without permission from my daughter.

Back