Guys not interested in Deaf/HOH Girls?

study and learn and locate people?

creepy..... that sounds very.... Hannibal Lecter'ish...... :io:

Why would a grown man want to own a house with "college students" as roomies.... Oh and art students specifically... :hmm:

(for reference: 33)

Why? because she didn't know. Now she knows. Boston and Greater Boston.... lol nice try.

Well I thought anyone live in a big community would know about it. My bad...

try Seattle, DC, RIT, etc. They were not at loss when they see deaf people. Why are you picking a society that has no deaf people? It's like picking a town in Montana that has no Asian population and then ask "why are most white people at loss when they bump into an Asian person?" lol comical.

I've lived in three big city area. Some people still are ignorant of deaf culture. Hell sometime it is hard enough to get them to understand certain thing!

I don't know any deafies like that so I don't know the answer to your question :dunno:

I know plenty!!! Hell many are even very against hearing world and hate hearing people with passion.

You lasted only one semester at Gallaudet so how would you know how many? But to answer your question - they have more hearing friends than you think.

How I know? handful of ADers here graduated from Gally.

Because I mainstreamed, have hearing family, etc... And all of my friends in Gally were the same. We all experience a lot of discriminating because of our background. Hence why we all got kicked out together.

Blah! You guys are going off subject and make a personal attack. I am not going to get involved. If you want the answer then we can talk on PM.

Read the last sentence, OP ask about a man who don't care about her ability to hear. That include hearing man who don't care about fact she's deaf.

I find most of my friends over time. I studies and learn who is patient and don't mind putting bit effort and time into communicating with me. I learn how to locate those type of people. I shared that advice.

Wouldn't you just rather have friends? Rather than having to find people who are patient enough?

sincere question really, not trying to poke at ya

Well I thought anyone live in a big community would know about it. My bad...
Just because they live in a big community doesn't mean they know everything. Once you point it out, they'll know.

I've lived in three big city area. Some people still are ignorant of deaf culture. Hell sometime it is hard enough to get them to understand certain thing!
how is it any different with racist people in big city? or Republicans? :lol:

I know plenty!!! Hell many are even very against hearing world and hate hearing people with passion.
that's so sad. Did you attempt to change their view to more positive thinking?

Because I mainstreamed, have hearing family, etc... And all of my friends in Gally were the same. We all experience a lot of discriminating because of our background. Hence why we all got kicked out together.
I'm wondering if it was you who instigated them to get kicked out.

I mainstreamed and have a hearing family. All my hearing friends were receptive to my deafness. They are now deaf-friendly which is why they know how to deal with my deaf friends :)

Wouldn't you just rather have friends? Rather than having to find people who are patient enough?

sincere question really, not trying to poke at ya

I do have friends. The thing is when I moved to my area, I know no body beside a relative who never want to do anything. I wasn't able to get in college due to not being state resident yet. I was having a lot of trouble to keep friend. I'd meet someone then stay in touch for a couple weeks then hear from them again. After a while it get incredibly lonely.
So I start to ask myself if I'm around the wrong kind of people. So I start to observe those that I am around and see what kind of trait each people have and who stick around and who don't.
After a while I figured who will actually be around for a while and who will just get tired of it and disappear.
Since it work well, I still use similar guideline. But I do meet lot of new friends through friends I already made which really help.

But I still keep a small circle of close friends that I regularly see and have large number of acquaints that I'd see once in blue moon.

Just because they live in a big community doesn't mean they know everything. Once you point it out, they'll know.

Well like as I say my bad... I am just type of person that know everything going on in my city. I guess not everyone is like that.

how is it any different with racist people in big city? or Republicans? :lol:
Communication is a huge role. Some just cannot wrap their head around it no matter what. Odd enough, in Europe most people figure it out instantly compare to American for some reason. Don't ask why. I have NO idea.

that's so sad. Did you attempt to change their view to more positive thinking?

Used to... Hell I even had a deaf woman who is a teacher trying to tell me to dump this girl I was dating because she isn't deaf!

I'm wondering if it was you who instigated them to get kicked out.

I mainstreamed and have a hearing family. All my hearing friends were receptive to my deafness. They are now deaf-friendly which is why they know how to deal with my deaf friends :)

Nah... I was almost last one to get kicked out.

As for my friends, I am only deaf person they know of lol

I do have friends. The thing is when I moved to my area, I know no body beside a relative who never want to do anything. I wasn't able to get in college due to not being state resident yet. I was having a lot of trouble to keep friend. I'd meet someone then stay in touch for a couple weeks then hear from them again. After a while it get incredibly lonely.
So I start to ask myself if I'm around the wrong kind of people. So I start to observe those that I am around and see what kind of trait each people have and who stick around and who don't.
After a while I figured who will actually be around for a while and who will just get tired of it and disappear.
Since it work well, I still use similar guideline. But I do meet lot of new friends through friends I already made which really help.

But I still keep a small circle of close friends that I regularly see and have large number of acquaints that I'd see once in blue moon.

I see.

You stated that you wonder if you're around with wrong kind of people. and that you have trouble making solid friendships.

Just something to consider - have you thought that maybe it's your attitude/personality that irks people off?

Based on your posts - I take it that some people have told you about what they didn't like about you and you got defensive about it. As the result, the friendship ended and you did not change yourself for better. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

I see.

You stated that you wonder if you're around with wrong kind of people. and that you have trouble making solid friendships.

Just something to consider - have you thought that maybe it's your attitude/personality that irks people off?

Based on your posts - I take it that some people have told you about what they didn't like about you and you got defensive about it. As the result, the friendship ended and you did not change yourself for better. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

It is combine of many things.
I just meet people with completely different interest from mine and try to make it work out (yeah right...)
I meet people who aren't use to change and just cannot handle the fact I am deaf.
People who just don't have the patience (not everyone is patient)
People who want to be with big group of people instead of one on one or small group (always a hard situation to be in)
People who are very into music/band
Someone who have family and almost no free time
The list goes on.

Yes I have pissed some people off but... That's not common at all and happen after knowing them for a couple months.

But now, I am really happy with all friends I have to point where I never want to leave my city again ever.

Yeah..I married to hearing woman who is terp and our brain are so different!! It's like an collision course.... well.. it's like we are so innocent, love at first sight... then 8 years later.. we just realize our brain don't fit well.

blame is on Rio... no i meant on Deaf culture hype when it is actually 'immature' I dont meant babyish i meant its not yet properly understood...that's just my take on it...

It is combine of many things.
I just meet people with completely different interest from mine and try to make it work out (yeah right...)
I meet people who aren't use to change and just cannot handle the fact I am deaf.
People who just don't have the patience (not everyone is patient)
People who want to be with big group of people instead of one on one or small group (always a hard situation to be in)
People who are very into music/band
Someone who have family and almost no free time
The list goes on.

Yes I have pissed some people off but... That's not common at all and happen after knowing them for a couple months.

But now, I am really happy with all friends I have to point where I never want to leave my city again ever.

j6r2fqjpg.gif

I have family in the Berkshires and Stockbridge.
OT but PFH, come to MA in July for Falcon Ridge a folk fest with ASL 'terps which is in the Berkshires! !
Now back to the OT,
It does seem like hearing guys view us as asexual for some reason. It's frustrating.
But get involved in the Deaf community in MA, and who knows?
I get AIMd sometimes by deaf dudes wanting a girlfriend.
Oh, and I'm near New Bedford....are you from Plymouth orgionally? Maybe we could meet!

Sooo my biggest dating problem is that I can't seem to find a guy that is Deaf/HOH like me (would love to date same as me) So I date mostly hearing, but they aren't willing to learn sign for me or if using voice they can't repeat for me. Grrrr.

Where are all the good guys willing to date me for me not my hearing?! Or where are the good Deaf/HOH guys at? :)

I have nearly the same problem, but like some other posters have said, be somewhere close to a big city or know people who don't mind being HoH-friendly. My best friendships are those who take the time to "slow down" or recognize a bad environment for me.

Sooo my biggest dating problem is that I can't seem to find a guy that is Deaf/HOH like me (would love to date same as me) So I date mostly hearing, but they aren't willing to learn sign for me or if using voice they can't repeat for me. Grrrr.

Where are all the good guys willing to date me for me not my hearing?! Or where are the good Deaf/HOH guys at? :)
Same problem here,but ill date hearing too dont care

I love deaf women. Im deaf and I can much easier communicate with a woman who is deaf then a woman who is hearing.

im a hearie from arkansas, ive never had the opportunity to meet anyone from the Deaf community but the idea of dating a deaf/HoH seems more attractive to me, it just seems like they would have that extra sense of loyalty and integrity that hearing girls take for granted... maybe

im 24 hearing male from NY.. i dont know whats wrong with guys but id definitely learn ASL for you and would love to learn anything else that makes it easier for you.. =)

There are a lot of deaf single guys in Chicago area. I know because I was one of them. Not any more.... However, there are still a lot of them looking.

Back