Guys not interested in Deaf/HOH Girls?

I am married to a hearing guy who is fluent in ASL and our marriage is great!

I am married to a hearing guy who is fluent in ASL and our marriage is great!

Yeah..I married to hearing woman who is terp and our brain are so different!! It's like an collision course.... well.. it's like we are so innocent, love at first sight... then 8 years later.. we just realize our brain don't fit well.

Yeah..I married to hearing woman who is terp and our brain are so different!! It's like an collision course.... well.. it's like we are so innocent, love at first sight... then 8 years later.. we just realize our brain don't fit well.

So, you are no longer with her?

and that took you EIGHT years to figure that out? just wowieee!

Jiro if my advice is so bad then... At least share some advice. But I'd bet you don't have any.

I also attended Gallaudet for a semester but was really unhappy there so I got kicked out on purpose.
Hell I doesn't even want to be there in the first place but was pressured into it which was incredibly STUPID move on everyone parts include mine for saying yes! Especially considering the fact I pretty much stay well away from anything related to deaf community from middle school until the last year in high school. I think I pretty much got in simply because I was president of a deaf club that die out for various reasons as soon as I left.

Since you're 24, I am not surprise if you're having a bit problem with hearing world. I was almost 19 when I got kicked out of Gallaudet and I was left on my own with almost no real friends and have to learn how to interact in real world. I quickly learned that it is nothing like high school.
But over years I learn the best way is to find your niche in the hearing world and then you'll find your people.
My advice is, try to have as much one on one time with hearing friends as possible and try to not put yourself in spot where you'll be forced to socializing with large number of hearing people unless there's some activity that won't involve lot of talking. Then you'll eventually separate out those who socialize a lot and those who prefer being lone or in a small group, then that's when you'll bump into the right person. At least that is what work for me.

Rabidlamn did you find the right person and step away from your playa playa ways :D

No that was other girl, she's adorable too lol
I'd never try to make anyone switch :lol:

Jiro if my advice is so bad then... At least share some advice. But I'd bet you don't have any.

you didn't answer my question. if you don't like deaf community that much and you prefer to be with hearing people.... then why are you here?

and as for advice - she wasn't asking for advice. She asked a question and I answered her question. in post #19.

you didn't answer my question. if you don't like deaf community that much and you prefer to be with hearing people.... then why are you here?

and as for advice - she wasn't ask for advice. She asked a question and I answered her question. in post #19.

Here's what she stated, noticing the bold undelrine:

"Where are all the good guys willing to date me for me not my hearing?! Or where are the good Deaf/HOH guys at?"

I gave her a general guideline when it come to hearing world that work for me and some others and you answer her question about Deaf/HOH. Neither is wrong, just different opinion and answer.

As for your question, I answered that in my introduction thread "Hi"

Here's what she stated, noticing the bold undelrine:

"Where are all the good guys willing to date me for me not my hearing?! Or where are the good Deaf/HOH guys at?"
There you go. See bold red font. I answered her question.

I gave her a general guideline when it come to hearing world that work for me and some others and you answer her question about Deaf/HOH. Neither is wrong, just different opinion and answer.
I didn't say wrong. I said WORST advice ever. and you didn't even answer her question. You're basically telling her to find a hearing guy when she's asking where to find a good Deaf/HOH guys.

As for your question, I answered that in my introduction thread "Hi"

I see your post from your "Hi" Thread

What bring me here?
Good question... I was trying to find a friend on Purple3 (I am new to the whole thing) but somehow I ended up on this forum. I was confused by everything at first, but I decided to try check out some chat room and see if I can find something like directory or something.
I notice that there are some good topic with interesting discussion going on and there are some deaf people who seems to have same stance as me on the whole deaf community thing. So I thought I'd check around and see how it is here.

So you're here to cause trouble?

There you go. See bold red font. I answered her question.

I answer too. Hearing people are everywhere that was the answer. You just have to know how to spot the right one.

I didn't say wrong. I said WORST advice ever. and you didn't even answer her question. You're basically telling her to find a hearing guy when she's asking where to find a good Deaf/HOH guys.

You're basically telling her to find a deaf/HOH guys, not a guy who don't care about her hearing ability in general.
I don't answer about deaf/HOH because I don't know Boston area.

So you're here to cause trouble?

I think it is you who are causing trouble. You have been the one attacking me.

I answer too. Hearing people are everywhere that was the answer. You just have to know how to spot the right one.

You're basically telling her to find a deaf/HOH guys, not a guy who don't care about her hearing ability in general.

You're one of them.... Went to mainstream, probably have some kind of honors in reading, but can't apply the 'honors' here on a forum.

I don't see any "right one" in your post :dunno:

just worst one.

Like I said - I answered her question. I didn't tell her to find a deaf/HOH guys. She asked WHERE are deaf/HOH guys and I said Boston.

Having a bit of reading comprehension problem?

why are you talking about yourself? You clearly said you don't like deaf community. This is a deaf community forum.

Still working on puzzle?

Back