Guy spends $31K of free money

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Ga. Teen Spends $31,000 Mistakenly Deposited Into His Account - ABC News

Yes, bank made a mistake, but that wasn't a gift. If it was me, I would be returning it to the right owner. Just look at the statement.

Then again, did the person who deposited $31K look at receipt? If he/she did, then he/she would see that was was placed in the wrong account.

Either way, I think that the teen was wrong to spend the money. That is my IMHO.

Of course he was wrong.

The bank once put $10,000 of someone else's money in TCS's account and he notified the bank immediately. He didn't touch it.

Happened here too, Bank was quick to call me and tell me of the mistake, I never knew How I got 10K in a day....lol

Bank needs to check twice to ensure that deposit is in correct account.

He's teenager - he doesn't know better and doesn't care about everything like many teenagers.

I once went to a bank and asked the teller what my balance was and the teller said it was $5,000 . I could had said I will take it all out but I knew the teller was looking that the wrong account and told her to check it again.
There was no way I would had taken someone else money.

Same here-- if I got an unknown deposit, I would have asked the bank where the #@! money came from.

went to ATM yesterday it churned £50 out before I put pass number in.told bank teller but not intrested so guess my lucky day

went to ATM yesterday it churned £50 out before I put pass number in.told bank teller but not intrested so guess my lucky day

That's illegal. Here in the US, that's considered theft.

not really

If it still had the ATM card inside, yes it is. However, I will not be foolish enough to ignore the fact that most, if not all, banks nowadays make you take out the card before you withdraw your money, so people can't steal your money right from your debit card. I had the misfortune of knowing someone who did exactly that, but without knowing where it happened, I couldn't report it, which I would have done, regardless of friendship.

If it still had the ATM card inside, yes it is. However, I will not be foolish enough to ignore the fact that most, if not all, banks nowadays make you take out the card before you withdraw your money, so people can't steal your money right from your debit card. I had the misfortune of knowing someone who did exactly that, but without knowing where it happened, I couldn't report it, which I would have done, regardless of friendship.

not really. it's only a theft if you knowingly take it without permission.

in this case.... caz12 didn't knowingly steal the money. caz12 reported it and they shoo him away. same concept - if you happened to walk by and found $100 on street... you take it and put it in your pocket. that's not a theft. that's finder's keeper.

in this case.... caz12 didn't knowingly steal the money. caz12 reported it and they shoo him away. same concept - if you happened to walk by and found $100 on street... you take it and put it in your pocket. that's not a theft. that's finder's keeper.

If you find $10,000 on street, so you are going lol, lol, lol. :lol:

Which this friend did. Anyhow, it was a long time ago. I do remember how much he stole, though-- it was $100

Back