Votes: 8 11.6%
  • allow guns (legally) but make it HIGHLY restrictive

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • allow guns (legally) and less restrictive

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I know-- that's if they do an undercover investigation. But it doesn't change the fact that it puts innocent people in jeopardy when selling guns illegally. In my opinion, I think a cop or two should work at all licensed gun stores. ;)
that'll be impractical but we could do this way - the same way government monitors its highly-regulated equipments/weapons/etc and also pharmacy system. "What comes in must comes out."

For ie - the store received 10 guns. Once in a while - the inspector will audit them and check if each gun is accounted for. In other word - a better and sophisticated record system similar to pharmacy way. Something that government didn't touch for a while because of concerned citizens and NRA-politicians with this big brother stuff. But I think it's a win-win situation... that's if we want our Amendment 2 with less restrictions.

We don't need to illegalize guns.
Make stupid people illegal instead.

:hmm:

(and yeah, I made a sick joke)

We don't need to illegalize guns.
Make stupid people illegal instead.

:hmm:

(and yeah, I made a sick joke)

:gpost: "Stupid is as stupid does."

this debating is interesting... i support guns even i dont have my own guns.

if you happen to move Kennesaw, GA near my hometown, then as house owner, you are required to have gun in its town which is called Mandatory Gun Law. the crimes in that town go down as its population is growing rapdily..... believe me or not... :dunno:

Kennesaw, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

another-- believe this or not... switzerland - really tiny country - has the second highest rate of handgun ownership in the industrialized world.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Switzerland proves that high gun-ownership doesn’t increase murder

this debating is interesting... i support guns even i dont have my own guns.

if you happen to move Kennesaw, GA near my hometown, then as house owner, you are required to have gun in its town which is called Mandatory Gun Law. the crimes in that town goes down as its population is growing rapdily..... believe me or not... :dunno:

Kennesaw, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

another-- believe this or not... switzerland - really tiny country - has the second highest rate of handgun ownership in the industrialized world.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Switzerland proves that high gun-ownership doesn’t increase murder

I wouldn't be surprised about a place where gun ownership is required. I think it's mandatory in Alaska as well - you know... animals out there are gonna kill you lol. And yes you are correct about Switzerland. My friend's from there. Switzerland relies on its citizens to defend its country. We need that in here! but.... only if we have mandatory 3-years military service.

I wouldn't be surprised about a place where gun ownership is required. I think it's mandatory in Alaska as well - you know... animals out there are gonna kill you lol. And yes you are correct about Switzerland. My friend's from there. Switzerland relies on its citizens to defend its country. We need that in here! but.... only if we have mandatory 3-years military service.

Well, here is what I propose.

Mandatory training for everyone who can, who is not mentally ill or has a criminal record (this will count as the service, they can't be deployed unless they actually enlist first, though.)

Everyone who completes the training, gets issued the following:
Choice of M4 Carbine, OR Mossberg 500, OR a Benelli M4 Super 90

AND

Their choice of one M9, OR a M1911

They also get a ration of ammunition, from specific, controlled production lots. The shotguns can come with less-lethal ammunition (rubber bullets, bean bags, tear gas) upon request.

ANYTHING ELSE THEY DO OR GET, must meet approval and regulations.

that'll be impractical but we could do this way - the same way government monitors its highly-regulated equipments/weapons/etc and also pharmacy system. "What comes in must comes out."

For ie - the store received 10 guns. Once in a while - the inspector will audit them and check if each gun is accounted for. In other word - a better and sophisticated record system similar to pharmacy way. Something that government didn't touch for a while because of concerned citizens and NRA-politicians with this big brother stuff. But I think it's a win-win situation... that's if we want our Amendment 2 with less restrictions.

As I recall, the liquor industry in this country is the only business where the owners can't "touch" their own products. What happens is, in the alcohol distillation plants, there's a government employee who oversees the inventory and as soon as the product is labelled, a government green or red seal is placed on the bottle's neck, over the cap; then product is boxed, sealed and sent to a government warehouse. After that, when the companies want to sell/distribute their product, it must be inventoried out of the government warehouses. This was an idea convceived out of the Prohibition days....

I am not sure of the ramifications of doing the same with the firearms manufacturers as there's always a way around this with black marketers.

Well, here is what I propose.

Mandatory training for everyone who can, who is not mentally ill or has a criminal record (this will count as the service, they can't be deployed unless they actually enlist first, though.)

Everyone who completes the training, gets issued the following:
Choice of M4 Carbine, OR Mossberg 500, OR a Benelli M4 Super 90

AND

Their choice of one M9, OR a M1911

They also get a ration of ammunition, from specific, controlled production lots. The shotguns can come with less-lethal ammunition (rubber bullets, bean bags, tear gas) upon request.

ANYTHING ELSE THEY DO OR GET, must meet approval and regulations.

What about those of us the gun collections world?

Those weapons that jenni mentioned above are typically banned to public. However - since Bush did not renew the Assault Weapons Ban.... the time's running very short if the next President wants to renew it. Upon completion of mandatory training and service - you can to receive those sweet weapons - the tactical version and you also get the bragging rights :cool2:

I am not sure of the ramifications of doing the same with the firearms manufacturers as there's always a way around this with black marketers.

most people confuse black marketers as "legal gun vendors" who sell guns illegally under the table. Most black marketers obtained those guns illegally - probably stole it. Maybe they have connections to corrupted Russian general who sell AK-47 for profits and then have it shipped here via shipping container. We all know a very tiny percentage of shipping containers are inspected.

So it makes no sense to ban the guns since the criminals obtain the guns illegally by other means and how are we supposed to defend ourselves from those criminals? Thugs would think TWICE before robbing in a gun-friendly town.

So it makes no sense to ban the guns since the criminals obtain the guns illegally by other means and how are we supposed to defend ourselves from those criminals? Thugs would think TWICE before robbing in a gun-friendly town.

You made a good point!

Well, we have the right to bear arms.
That doesn't necessarily say we have the right to pick and choose the ones we want, or how many.

I think collection would be just fine, but it would need to be regulated, just like it already is.

What you use in your home, would be your business, as long as it is legal to obtain.

But if you are going to have a gun on you for protection purposes, it would either have to be one of the above weapons issued, or you would need to get a special CCW to carry a non-issued weapon.

Edit:
Oh, and you would be responsible for your issued weapons. If somebody else gets hold of them, and it is found that you did not make a reasonable effort to protect the weapon (or in fact sold, or gave it away), you will be subject to charges of not caring for your weapon, in addition to partly responsible for any crime committed using that weapon. Modification or having numbers filed off will add to the charges.

Well, I guess the question is that you would like to have my guns, huh? Which do you want first, the guns or the bullets? Secondly, only when you can pry the guns out of my dead, stiff fingers, can you have my guns.

Any questions?

Well, we have the right to bear arms.
That doesn't necessarily say we have the right to pick and choose the ones we want, or how many.

I think collection would be just fine, but it would need to be regulated, just like it already is.

What you use in your home, would be your business, as long as it is legal to obtain.

But if you are going to have a gun on you for protection purposes, it would either have to be one of the above weapons issued, or you would need to get a special CCW to carry a non-issued weapon.

Edit:
Oh, and you would be responsible for your issued weapons. If somebody else gets hold of them, and it is found that you did not make a reasonable effort to protect the weapon (or in fact sold, or gave it away), you will be subject to charges of not caring for your weapon, in addition to partly responsible for any crime committed using that weapon. Modification or having numbers filed off will add to the charges.

Jenni, at first blush, your proposal might get support from folks but I'd be wary because once something like that gains momentum, who's to say what's coming down the pike next? So, no offense but no thank you.

Jenni, at first blush, your proposal might get support from folks but I'd be wary because once something like that gains momentum, who's to say what's coming down the pike next? So, no offense but no thank you.

Yeppers. Its a slippery slope indeed.

Did you know that in the state of Ca, you can't put a gun store next to a school but you can put a school next to a gun store? I guess they are less deadly this way. Personally I like guns.

Oh, that's explained why the Germans or Italians doesn't want to invade Switzerland during the Second World War. :lol:

Did you know that in the state of Ca, you can't put a gun store next to a school but you can put a school next to a gun store? I guess they are less deadly this way. Personally I like guns.

In Ohio, you can put a school or a church next to a gun store, a bar, or a liquor store, but you can't do it in the reverse. :giggle:

In All deaf, you can, ummmm, nevermind.................:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back