Guess what?!

Congratulations!!! Good Luck!

Me too

Hey there DreamyHawaii....I work in dental laboratory for 5 years now. We make denture...crown and bridges...superstructure (if you know what that is now)...we make everything. It is fun job, and you get to see every one's mouth. We finish make crown for Sandra Bullock (the actor) and Whitney Houston ( the singer). No lie!! Seriously...and we make Empress Teeth for Miss USA 2004 and 2005. Name of our company is Root Dental Laboratory in Leawood, KS.

Congrats on your successful passing of the test!!

Wow that is good! I will be starting training for 6 months with pay too. How much did they pay you an hour? Yes I believe you what you said about the actor and singer was there at your work place. Wow cool. PM me if you like to tell me something ok fine. :mrgreen:

Dodge Trucker said:
Hey there DreamyHawaii....I work in dental laboratory for 5 years now. We make denture...crown and bridges...superstructure (if you know what that is now)...we make everything. It is fun job, and you get to see every one's mouth. We finish make crown for Sandra Bullock (the actor) and Whitney Houston ( the singer). No lie!! Seriously...and we make Empress Teeth for Miss USA 2004 and 2005. Name of our company is Root Dental Laboratory in Leawood, KS.

Congrats on your successful passing of the test!!

Congrats on your new job as a dental lab technician! :) I am sure you will do an excellent job! :)

Hey Dreamy....

Do you know what you will be doing? Will you be doing dentures? Waxup? Make crown and bridge? paint crown and bridge? Or you work in superstructure?
:cheers: :cheers:

For those who do not know what superstructure is...I explain:
(we do not put it in patient mouth..no no...we MAKE the superstructure..then ship to dentist for dentist to put in patient's mouth ok?)

Some people have no teeth..so they want wear denture. Ok good..easy..make denture for both upper and lower teeth. But problem?? denture keep moving..not stay in place...want denture stay place? Not like use the polident or paste or jelly thing you use for dentures? Bored use that? Then easy answer..make superstructure. It do what? cut through your gum down to jawbone...screw in thick metal wire onto your jawbone with "snap button" on top. Can do 5 to 6 "snap buttons" or less or more depend on your money. Then, close your gum and let heal. Few month later...make different denture to fit onto "snap button" and PRESTO! Your denture now stay in place..not move any more. Want denture off? simple snap your dentures off superstructure.

Average cost for WORSE WORSE case cost for your dentist to charge you about $7,000 dollar not including dentures. :-o Pain is AWFUL :-o for few weeks (what I heard) Then denture usually about $300 for cheap look plastic denture to $1,300 for "WOW WOW look nice!" dentures.

Back