GTA IV thread

I have a little offtopic but on topic question about Saints Row and GTA. I read in a forum that some people preferred Saints Row, namely because you can create your own character, etc.

So I ask these who played Saints Row, do you thnk Saints Row 2 has the potential to beat GTA4? (I vote no cuz GTA is a franchise name brand that many people recognize and is on PS3 too)

I have a little offtopic but on topic question about Saints Row and GTA. I read in a forum that some people preferred Saints Row, namely because you can create your own character, etc.

So I ask these who played Saints Row, do you thnk Saints Row 2 has the potential to beat GTA4? (I vote no cuz GTA is a franchise name brand that many people recognize and is on PS3 too)

I don't think so, too.

Saints Row is just known as GTA clone.

No, I'm not misunderstood but I said that don't know if GTA IV will including on demo disc in next issue of Xbox 360 magazine.
Pac, Yes, truly apology, I got thats very clearly.. thank you for clarification!
Dr. Strangelove, You are right about Gamers do preferred Saint Row, because of create one as their own character and load of bad-@$$ clothes also. They attract SR's beautiful graphic, people and cars look a real rage psychic doll unlike GTA series 's graphic character cartoonish.

I read gamers from forums, they will buy GTA 4 asap till SR2 release and hit on store's shelves in fall. I bet they will sell GTA 4 for SR2, if they beat GTA 4 missions. who knows!

My opinion that SR2 will be best selling than GTA 4 in predictable. But I could be wrong.. ;)

You guys are going to LAUGH, Pac and X! I'm going to buy GTA4. LOL! Why? I was reading the EGM feature on GTA4 today while on the plane back to Maryland, and was convinced to buy it. The graphics are really jaw dropping, when we see it in action it's going to drop jaws nonstop. There also will be a COVER system. That there REALLY sold it to me. Hide behind a hot dog stand, a wall, a vehicle, you NAME it you can hide behind it.
Dr. Strangelove has FLIP FLOPPED!

You guys are going to LAUGH, Pac and X! I'm going to buy GTA4. LOL! Why? I was reading the EGM feature on GTA4 today while on the plane back to Maryland, and was convinced to buy it. The graphics are really jaw dropping, when we see it in action it's going to drop jaws nonstop. There also will be a COVER system. That there REALLY sold it to me. Hide behind a hot dog stand, a wall, a vehicle, you NAME it you can hide behind it.
Dr. Strangelove has FLIP FLOPPED!

Lol, your glasses own me?

I'm getting GTA 4 on April 29 too. :rifle:

I love true GTA games but GTA clone is alright to me.

Pac, Oh Can you tell me which one of Military game is actually clone: Halo, COD, GRAW, HOFV, others ?

No idea, I only know about GTA series.

FPS has been here for many years but GTA-style isn't started until 1998.

No idea, I only know about GTA series.

FPS has been here for many years but GTA-style isn't started until 1998.
Yeah.. alright.. there is no clone.. Just new pop cultural games today.

I like God Fathers, Scarface, Just cause, Crime: LA ,& NYC, Saint Row. they are no longer clone...

Yeah.. alright.. there is no clone.. Just new pop cultural games today.

I like God Fathers, Scarface, Just cause, Crime: LA ,& NYC, Saint Row. they are no longer clone...

All of them are GTA clone.
Sandbox game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saints Row is true GTA clone since Godfather, Crackdown, True Crime (NY and LA) and Just Cause are very similar except for different features and storylines.

All of them are GTA clone.
Sandbox game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saints Row is true GTA clone since Godfather, Crackdown, True Crime (NY and LA) and Just Cause are very similar except for different features and storylines.
PAC, Yeah I read wikipedia. but who cares? I really not care if Saints Row is true GTA clone! Saints Row fell in love with my heart already. but I more admire GTA san anderas is one of gta series. if you like one of gta or other GTA clones, depend kind of game is suit on you. smile..

I honestly tell you, Crime: NYC is longer missions without complete than GTA's missions, did you know that?

PAC, Yeah I read wikipedia. but who cares? I really not care if Saints Row is true GTA clone! Saints Row fell in love with my heart already. but I more admire GTA san anderas is one of gta series. if you like one of gta or other GTA clones, depend kind of game is suit on you. smile..

I honestly tell you, Crime: NYC is longer missions without complete than GTA's missions, did you know that?

True Crime NYC seems more like police game than GTA style, have you noticed it?

Yep that game would be pretty good and perfect to play for the rest of the summer too.

New info on GTA4 multiplayer at Teamxbox.com They reveal 4 new modes. It sounds like GTA4 is going to be one hot title.

New info on GTA4 multiplayer at Teamxbox.com They reveal 4 new modes. It sounds like GTA4 is going to be one hot title.
This is not first time. Saint row was first Multi-players. but let wait and see what happend GTA 4's multi-players eventually.

What kind of multiplayer did Saint's Row offer? Did SR have a mode like GTA4's 'Cops N Crooks'? The cops have the crooks on their radar, and the crooks have a getaway on their radar. The cops don't know where the getaway is. The crooks do not know where the cops are. This is suppposed to take place in the city, so I can see some really wild games with that mode.
Deathmatch can be customized to have rocket launchers only, with friendly fire off, or what you like. So I think there might be a good amount of customiziation in the game much like Halo3, allowing for an almost infinite number of spinoff game modes.

What kind of multiplayer did Saint's Row offer? Did SR have a mode like GTA4's 'Cops N Crooks'? The cops have the crooks on their radar, and the crooks have a getaway on their radar. The cops don't know where the getaway is. The crooks do not know where the cops are. This is suppposed to take place in the city, so I can see some really wild games with that mode.
Deathmatch can be customized to have rocket launchers only, with friendly fire off, or what you like. So I think there might be a good amount of customiziation in the game much like Halo3, allowing for an almost infinite number of spinoff game modes.
I honestly tell you, I played saint row on mulitplayer via online like three times. it was so fun. saint row's multiplayers online look like mixed GRAW ( cities you can walk thru like your hometown) and HALO ( you can take a car or else to drive). You have to join with color gang against other color like rival gang. you can take car to drive kill gangs who walk on street and many different way you can do. its so fun that i tell!

Yep. I can't get enough of Xbox Live! GTA4 I think will have 14 multiplayer modes, how many did Saint's Row have for multiplayer?

Yep. I can't get enough of Xbox Live! GTA4 I think will have 14 multiplayer modes, how many did Saint's Row have for multiplayer?

Saints Row and GTA 4 cannot be compared because Saints Row is heavily based on gang games but GTA 4 is just widely lifestyle game, more than just gang war.

I understand. Simple question. How many modes for multiplayer for Saint's Row? That's all. I am assuming less than 10. Saint's Row 2 may have closer to 20 modes?

Back