Granny's taking computer classes ;)

are you granny?if I had guess age would said 30's:giggle:..
Ha, ha, yes, I'm a granny. I have two grandsons, ages 18 and 20 years. :giggle:

i granny and sitting here reading about computer which may aswell be in Chinese in fact some is.With bit of fiddling may find out problem going give it a go.
thinking get apple mac not sure:confused:
Apple Mac's are good. I have one. I've used Apple computers since the mid-1980's. I also have Windows computers. I'm comfortable using either one.

It depends on your budget and needs. If you can afford a Mac you might want to do that. If you can't afford one, the Windows computers are fine for most people's everyday uses.

It also depends on how flexible you are about learning a new operating system. Mac's and Windows are different from each other. Also, if you stay with Windows, be prepared that Windows 8 is different from Windows 7. You can learn and use any of them but just be prepared for the difference.

I older than you all....the old gal next door is nearly 100 and she going to look at my computer tomorrow see if she can fix it...She making her web page no help self taught..inspiring woman

I passed IT certification exam with perfect score - 1500/1500 (Testout)

I got A in ITS 202 - Hardware.

I will take ITS 110 - Programming and ITS 203 - Software in spring semester, along with Precalculus (I dropped this class before drop era end due issue with professor) and GSR 240.

Ha, ha, yes, I'm a granny. I have two grandsons, ages 18 and 20 years. :giggle:

Apple Mac's are good. I have one. I've used Apple computers since the mid-1980's. I also have Windows computers. I'm comfortable using either one.

It depends on your budget and needs. If you can afford a Mac you might want to do that. If you can't afford one, the Windows computers are fine for most people's everyday uses.

It also depends on how flexible you are about learning a new operating system. Mac's and Windows are different from each other. Also, if you stay with Windows, be prepared that Windows 8 is different from Windows 7. You can learn and use any of them but just be prepared for the difference.

that the rub budget...son got apple mac had it some years now about 7 and no problems...I would use just tablet but no good on my hands....I got printer I used with windows 98 best and easiest printer ever used ink lasted ages and used syringe to top ink up...would my computer be compatible with window 7 I don't want bugger up this dying computer..or the days of anything 98 gone

that the rub budget...son got apple mac had it some years now about 7 and no problems...I would use just tablet but no good on my hands....I got printer I used with windows 98 best and easiest printer ever used ink lasted ages and used syringe to top ink up...would my computer be compatible with window 7 I don't want bugger up this dying computer..or the days of anything 98 gone
Compatibility could be an issue.

Well, I'm getting close to the end.

Today I registered for the Spring 1 semester. I'll be taking Multimedia Concepts & Apps.

"This course will cover introductory microcomputer multimedia concepts and applications. The course will utilize text, graphics, animation, sound, video, and various multimedia applications in the design, development and creation of multimedia presentations."

After this, I should have one more course to take in Spring 2 semester and then GRADUATION! :D

Well, that one's finished! Got an A. Just one course left! I register March 10, and the class begins March 11. It's the only course left for me to take, and then I can graduate May 1! I hope there will be a vacancy for me so that I can register.

I ordered my cap and gown, and bought my invitations.

Well, that one's finished! Got an A. Just one course left! I register March 10, and the class begins March 11. It's the only course left for me to take, and then I can graduate May 1! I hope there will be a vacancy for me so that I can register.

I ordered my cap and gown, and bought my invitations.

Good Luck! If I remember right, you have stayed up sometimes for registration a minute after midnight.

Yay! Any idea what your last class will be?

It has been great to watch you progress through this and I am proud of what you've done. :)

Yay! Any idea what your last class will be?

It has been great to watch you progress through this and I am proud of what you've done. :)
"Systems and Procedures."
"This course covers system analysis, design, development and implementation."

"Systems and Procedures."
"This course covers system analysis, design, development and implementation."
Hmm that sounds intriguing.... got my interest lol.

I've been looking through the idea of getting some sort of certification but yikes... many are expensive... I don't know if it would be worth it (especially QA) or not considering I've been in IT so long already.

I waiting for reb got questions I need walking though hope she get up early

Hmm that sounds intriguing.... got my interest lol.

I've been looking through the idea of getting some sort of certification but yikes... many are expensive... I don't know if it would be worth it (especially QA) or not considering I've been in IT so long already.
Certificates are good. Try checking out non-traditional programs and ways to pay for them.

Back