Granny's taking computer classes ;)

:applause:congratulations!:applause:

Starting new class today:

Data Communications
This course is a study of the fundamentals of data communications. Basic signaling, networking and various transmission media are covered.

Well, I'm done with everything for this class except the final exam. Unless I can convince the instructor to unlock it, I will have to wait until April 19 to take the final. :(

I'm hoping to start Macroeconomics tomorrow. I have to wait until midnight to register. So far, there are a few seats left, so I should be able to get in.

It's the only non-computer major class that I have left to take.

Whew! Just finished registration. I'm in! Later today I'll go to the bookstore and shell out $80 for the text.

Who else registers for classes after midnight? :lol:

Found out my instructor (hearing) knows sign language.

my husband and me spent last two hours filling forms out registering things he total no go on computer he on the phone taking instructions from someone in malayer I typing needed about 8 arms so I could do online shopping from supermarket up the road.tecknology surposed make life easy had me so frustrated

my husband and me spent last two hours filling forms out registering things he total no go on computer he on the phone taking instructions from someone in malayer I typing needed about 8 arms so I could do online shopping from supermarket up the road.tecknology surposed make life easy had me so frustrated
Yes, sometimes it can be frustrating.

Whew! This semester is done.

I got an A in Data Communications, and an A in Macroeconomics (a miracle).

Now, I have to find a class or two for the summer semester. I have only six classes left, so my options are shrinking. Also, not all of the classes I need are offered during the summer. As usual, I have to wait until the first day of class to register (May 27). That means, most of the classes will be filled by then, so there may be nothing available. However, right from day one, I have trusted the Lord to guide me in this path. If He wants me to take a course, it will be available. If not, then He has a better reason. Still, it is a little stressful to wait up until 12:01 a.m. on class day morning to register each semester. :lol:

Wow! Congrats on those great grades!
Do you have classes you're considering?

Last year, my dad started taking computer classes at the senior center in the community where they have their condo. My dad is quite active and loves to walk around and try new things, but I never expected him to take that class.
He's really enjoying himself.

I remember waiting in line to register and get books... though I had priority registration <early registration> because I was with Disabled Student Services, still had to wait and see if I could get into a class I wanted.

Wow! Congrats on those great grades!
Do you have classes you're considering?
I have a couple classes that I'm considering but I have to wait before I can register. No telling what will be available that day.

Last year, my dad started taking computer classes at the senior center in the community where they have their condo. My dad is quite active and loves to walk around and try new things, but I never expected him to take that class.
He's really enjoying himself.
:)

I remember waiting in line to register and get books... though I had priority registration <early registration> because I was with Disabled Student Services, still had to wait and see if I could get into a class I wanted.
Yes, back when I got my first degree registration was a huge hassle that would take at least half a day down at the campus, going from one long line and table to another. Registering on line is soooo much better. I still need to go to the campus bookstore after to buy my books but it's not too bad.

Wow.
And here I was, thinking of just taking a pottery class.

Well, hope you can get into at least one of the ones you want.

Yes, the hours-long affair of finding the books and waiting in line and then schlepping these books back to the dorm - I walked everywhere since I didn't know how to drive and didn't have a bike.

I took pottery in high school and liked it, Beo.

that great new reba,.. when mature person sets a goal like this gives people like me hope and a push to keep plodding on and age just a number

Whew! This semester is done.

I got an A in Data Communications, and an A in Macroeconomics (a miracle).

Now, I have to find a class or two for the summer semester. I have only six classes left, so my options are shrinking. Also, not all of the classes I need are offered during the summer. As usual, I have to wait until the first day of class to register (May 27). That means, most of the classes will be filled by then, so there may be nothing available. However, right from day one, I have trusted the Lord to guide me in this path. If He wants me to take a course, it will be available. If not, then He has a better reason. Still, it is a little stressful to wait up until 12:01 a.m. on class day morning to register each semester. :lol:

Oh wow, I know that I will get A in macroeconomics at community college, but at UAB, no way.

Reba, what is your goal once you have the ticket to wave?

Reba, what is your goal once you have the ticket to wave?
I was hoping to work in the field but now with the Parkinson's, I'm not sure that will be possible. However, my secondary goal is to prove to myself and others that old ladies can get degrees in technical fields. Also, I'm hoping that these classes help keep my mind sharp.

I just hate to quit now. :(

Back