Grandson's big catfish catch :)

Thanks guys!

Yes, he's still walking on air. :P

I don't know how we'll top this for his next birthday. Maybe a deep-sea fishing trip so he can catch a shark? Ha, ha.

My grandson also finds fossils in his neighborhood. Mostly shark teeth. But last week he took a bone to the local fossil club meeting to get it identified. It was heavy, flat, black and skinny; it's "petrified". The fossil expert told him it is a rib bone from an extinct manatee. That was exciting! I hope he finds more.

We just found out tonight that my grandson won a free fishing trip for having the biggest catch of the month for July! He is soooo excited! He will also get his picture in the fishing magazine.

Wow, Reba, that is one huge catfish your grandson have caught. :) Congratulations for the catch and all the attention from the magazine. You must be so proud of your grandson. :)

Any idea on the catfish's age?

Wow, Reba, that is one huge catfish your grandson have caught. :) Congratulations for the catch and all the attention from the magazine. You must be so proud of your grandson. :)
Thanks. :)

Any idea on the catfish's age?
Good question. I'll try to find out.

I have to wait for 10 hours to see the pictures from your link. My work computer won't let me to open the pictures from links so I have to open when I am home...

It look like that your fishing is your Grandson's hobby... How it come from? Is his father or Grandfather fishing or what...

I have to wait for 10 hours to see the pictures from your link. My work computer won't let me to open the pictures from links so I have to open when I am home...

It look like that your fishing is your Grandson's hobby... How it come from? Is his father or Grandfather fishing or what...
All the guys in our family enjoy fishing, ever since they were little.

Wow that is huge! I'm sure it is big enough to feed your family and friends. :)
Yes, we ate some, and we still have enough frozen to have a big fish fry for our friends, maybe in a few weeks.

Oh sooo excited your grandson must be to have caught such a huge catfish! I love fishing too and it's always so excited to catch and bring them in after big fight.

Dang that Catfish is huge! I thought the channel catfish we caught here were big. That dwarfs the fish I've caught. I'm still looking for that elusive Dorkfish I've been trying to catch forever.......you know, the kind that is on deafSCUBA's avatar. :giggle:

That is TOTALLY awesome!!! I got some goosebumps! OOO! I am sure he is so happy young man right now! :)

I am sure he'll enjoy next camping! WOW! Picture in the magazine. :) So you gotta to keep a copy!

We just found out tonight that my grandson won a free fishing trip for having the biggest catch of the month for July! He is soooo excited! He will also get his picture in the fishing magazine.

Wow! Congrats to your grandson!! (hes same age my
granddaughter!) and i know he is sooo proud of that
huge catfish!..whooohooo!

Im jealous! i have never, ever caught that big of a fish!
LOL! Ask your grandson what is his "secret"? heh! lol!

Again, Congrats!:thumb:

Here's the picture from "Fish'n & Hunt'n Guide Magazine":

Attachments

• fishingmagx.jpg
    fishingmagx.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 13
Back