Govt of Alaska: Sarah Palin is Vice-President with McCain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thusly I question the McCain-Palin ticket's ability to lead a very diverse country.

Thank you. That was my point.:ty:

I believe this movement of advocating disability is a first. Have you heard of Democrat advocating disability as for president? Talk about autism, down syndrome and education.

Did you know that McCain was one of biggest advocate of ADA and got Old Bush to sign into action. McCain is no stranger of disabilities as he was a board of Gallaudet until protest. Some will argue he chicken out but I say he was getting himself ready for President nominations process to begin as he announced few months after he resigned as Board of Trustee for Gallaudet.

I am big fan of Republicans because it teach us to be independence as much as we can. We do not need spoons from Government to take care all of our problems. Some areas are good as ADA and SSDI. I am supporter of SSDI if they have attempt to work for many years and laid off.

I am not supporter of SSI if they do not use ticket to work process.

I am just afraid that Obama will raise a lot taxes from everyone. He said tax on rich people... didnt you know that less than 2.5% of Americans are offically rich rich as earning more than $250,000 a year. If we tax on rich and lower taxes on middle and poor... we will lose more money.

I recently read comparison between Obama and McCain's views on taxes on housing. I was shocked to see the comparisons. I will work on the sources and valid the information. Then add my explanation why it can be dangerous in each tax methods that Obama and McCain. How it will impact on you as home ownership and impact economy of housing crisis.

I haven't taken side yet but leaning a lot to McCain because of house taxes and enconomy housing crisis.

Allow me create a thread about housing tax that Obama vs McCain. It's scary taxes codes to see. Just need time to clean up the sources issue and valid its sources. Then I will post it. It will definitely stir up discussion on AllDeaf.

And the Conservative dominated Supreme Court has recently, in their rulings regarding the ADA, severely limited the application of the ADA to those with documented disabilities. Who appointed the justices that ruled against ADA application to these individuals? Bush. And who agrees with Bush, by his own admission, 90% of the time? McCain.

Your friend is probably observing professional confidentiality. :)

Stating that there were a small number, a moderate number, or a large number is not a breach of confidentiality. Stating the names of those numbers is.

Exactly! Maybe his friend is afraid to admit that there were no deaf people there at the RNC?? :hmm:

And the Conservative dominated Supreme Court has recently, in their rulings regarding the ADA, severely limited the application of the ADA to those with documented disabilities. Who appointed the justices that ruled against ADA application to these individuals? Bush. And who agrees with Bush, by his own admission, 90% of the time? McCain.

Can you explain more about documented disabilities? Are you referring to physical disabilities or mental disabilities?

Can you explain more about documented disabilities? Are you referring to physical disabilities or mental disabilities?

Both. And the Supreme Court has ruled in several cases that a person whose diability is controlled through medication or assistive devises no longer qualifies as having a disability under the ADA. In other words, if a schizophrenic is able to control their symptoms with medications, they no longer have a disability, despite the fact that the scizophrenia is still present. Therefore, they cannot request accommodations in education or work. Same with a person using a CI. If the CI restores the hearing to a reasonable level, the person would no longer be considered to have a disability, and could not request accommodation at school or work under the ADA, despite the fact that they are still deaf. Apply it to HA use as well. Or to the diabetic that may need an adjustment to allow for breaks to take insulin injections. If the diabetes is controlled though insulin, then they are considered to no longer have a disability, and the employer would not have to grant breaks to allow the person to administer insulin by injection.

The implications of the Supreme Court rulings are wide spread and need to be looked at in very real and applicable terms.

I believe this movement of advocating disability is a first. Have you heard of Democrat advocating disability as for president? Talk about autism, down syndrome and education.

Did you know that McCain was one of biggest advocate of ADA and got Old Bush to sign into action. McCain is no stranger of disabilities as he was a board of Gallaudet until protest. Some will argue he chicken out but I say he was getting himself ready for President nominations process to begin as he announced few months after he resigned as Board of Trustee for Gallaudet.

I am big fan of Republicans because it teach us to be independence as much as we can. We do not need spoons from Government to take care all of our problems. Some areas are good as ADA and SSDI. I am supporter of SSDI if they have attempt to work for many years and laid off.

I am not supporter of SSI if they do not use ticket to work process.

I am just afraid that Obama will raise a lot taxes from everyone. He said tax on rich people... didnt you know that less than 2.5% of Americans are offically rich rich as earning more than $250,000 a year. If we tax on rich and lower taxes on middle and poor... we will lose more money.

I recently read comparison between Obama and McCain's views on taxes on housing. I was shocked to see the comparisons. I will work on the sources and valid the information. Then add my explanation why it can be dangerous in each tax methods that Obama and McCain. How it will impact on you as home ownership and impact economy of housing crisis.

I haven't taken side yet but leaning a lot to McCain because of house taxes and enconomy housing crisis.

Allow me create a thread about housing tax that Obama vs McCain. It's scary taxes codes to see. Just need time to clean up the sources issue and valid its sources. Then I will post it. It will definitely stir up discussion on AllDeaf.
Before you create another thread.. take your time to visit this site;

FactCheck.org

as some of your statements are misleading...

and as for the tax; see this;
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/a_new_stitch_in_a_bad_pattern.html

cheers!

Both. And the Supreme Court has ruled in several cases that a person whose diability is controlled through medication or assistive devises no longer qualifies as having a disability under the ADA. In other words, if a schizophrenic is able to control their symptoms with medications, they no longer have a disability, despite the fact that the scizophrenia is still present. Therefore, they cannot request accommodations in education or work. Same with a person using a CI. If the CI restores the hearing to a reasonable level, the person would no longer be considered to have a disability, and could not request accommodation at school or work under the ADA, despite the fact that they are still deaf. Apply it to HA use as well. Or to the diabetic that may need an adjustment to allow for breaks to take insulin injections. If the diabetes is controlled though insulin, then they are considered to no longer have a disability, and the employer would not have to grant breaks to allow the person to administer insulin by injection.

The implications of the Supreme Court rulings are wide spread and need to be looked at in very real and applicable terms.

I will need to look into that. Ummm... Interesting point of view.

ADA also only apply to business office that has more than 15 employees. If business is under 15 employee, they are not require to comply to ADA ruling. There are many loop holes that need to be addressed and to be considered as major factor.

I wonder how to re-write ADA ruling with pre-conditions disabilities. If they had a pre-condition, wouldn't they need to have accommodations? Its something to consider.

Now I am curious... is ADA same as Health Insurance? Health Insurance will reject clients that have pre-condition of something that cost a lot money.

I am curious what McCain and Palin's reason if promoting Disabilities. If they can change health plan to accept pre-condition and also change ADA to accept pre-condition history as back up accommodations?

This is definitely a food for our thoughts!

ADA also only apply to business office that has more than 15 employees. If business is under 15 employee, they are not require to comply to ADA ruling. There are many loop holes that need to be addressed and to be considered as major factor.

I wonder how to re-write ADA ruling with pre-conditions disabilities. If they had a pre-condition, wouldn't they need to have accommodations? Its something to consider.

Now I am curious... is ADA same as Health Insurance? Health Insurance will reject clients that have pre-condition of something that cost a lot money.

I am curious what McCain and Palin's reason if promoting Disabilities. If they can change health plan to accept pre-condition and also change ADA to accept pre-condition history as back up accommodations?

no, ADA is not same as Health Insurance. ADA is a Act, a Law ADA is "Americans with Disabilities Act" It is a LAW that was signed by Bush I.
ADA Home Page - ada.gov - Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act

ADA is all about accessibility for disabilities

to pick a beautiful woman to be on your ticket despite her checkered past is just plain and simple desperation to me. with a capital fucking D.

Well, Republican were okay in 80's and early 90's, now, it's getting bad after 9/11, invasion of Iraq and decline of economy, time of us to change the system to improve the economy, end the war and others, end the war is quite difficultly right now and there's timeline to end the war, we are in bad debt right now. We are really need care of our citizen instead of worry about other countries in oversea.

Actually, Obama's plan addresses the issue of pre-existing conditions in regard to health insurance. It really isn't an issue with the ADA.

If an employee fails to disclose an existing disability and the possible need for accommodation to an employer at the time of hiring, they can legally be refused accommodation.

None of parties are exclusively support disability rights, varies of democrat and republican are support them.

Remember, Bill Clinton visit Gally in 90's.

Most disabilities are quite visable. The camera would make them obvious.
Really? You mean you can just look at someone on camera and know they are deaf, have mobility problems or a chronic disease or epilepsy, are missing a limb that's on the other side, or blind but not wearing tell-tale shades, or have ADD or autism or MS or CP? Wow! If you can do that just by looking why should people bother going to doctors for an expensive diagnosis?

I thought that has long been the complaint of people with disabilities that so many of their disabilities are ignored or downplayed precisely because they aren't obvious. This is a revelation to me.

The people behind the cameras are news cameramen. They were not hired to present pictures of diversity or non-diversity. The camera show what was there. One population was quite diverse, the other not so.
The cameramen pan the audience looking for "interesting" subject matter, whatever that may be. The director in the control room decides which views will be shown.

I guess those 24 years that I worked in public affairs and media relations were a waste of experience. :roll:

Given the diverse population repressentative of this countries population as a whole, I would expect to at least be visable persons in wheel chairs, blind persons, persons of Hispanic decent, persons of Asian decent, persons of Mediteranian decent, etc, etc, etc, that would be proportionately the same as found in the general population. This was not the case at the RNC.
People of all descents can be decent.

Anyway, if you have some accurate numbers of proof comparing disabilities and races that attended each convention, and their reasons for attending, then we can have a serious discussion. Otherwise, we're just falling into the public relations game that has been set by media.

Like I have been told early that rich people are our source for job. :roll:

Really? You mean you can just look at someone on camera and know they are deaf, have mobility problems or a chronic disease or epilepsy, are missing a limb that's on the other side, or blind but not wearing tell-tale shades, or have ADD or autism or MS or CP? Wow! If you can do that just by looking why should people bother going to doctors for an expensive diagnosis?

I thought that has long been the complaint of people with disabilities that so many of their disabilities are ignored or downplayed precisely because they aren't obvious. This is a revelation to me.

The cameramen pan the audience looking for "interesting" subject matter, whatever that may be. The director in the control room decides which views will be shown.

I guess those 24 years that I worked in public affairs and media relations were a waste of experience. :roll:

People of all descents can be decent.

Anyway, if you have some accurate numbers of proof comparing disabilities and races that attended each convention, and their reasons for attending, then we can have a serious discussion. Otherwise, we're just falling into the public relations game that has been set by media.

If a person is in a wheel chair, one can safely assume that they are experiencing mobility difficulties. If a person is wearing a hearing aid, one can safely assume that they have experienced a hearing loss. MS, as well, presents with observable symptoms, and the fact that someone is wearing dark glasses is far from the only observable symptom of blindess or visual difficulties. CP, as well, presents with observable physical symptoms.

Obviously, the cameraman didn't have any of the persons of whom were so rare in the RNC audience to focus on. However, they were available to be focused on at the DNC.

Since I watched the same station for both the DNC and the RNC, one would expect the same production for both.

The fact that accurate numbers are not available is exactly a point we were discussing. Because numbers haven't been released, we have to go on the observable. And what was observable was that many more people with disabilites and people of color and diversity were observed at the DNC than at the RNC.

Like I have been told early that rich people are our source for job. :roll:

Explain more what you mean Rich people are our source for job? You mean they develop more jobs such as Microsoft corpration expanded and made more job opportunities in factories making computers?

Can you explain more what you mean by rich people?

Explain more what you mean Rich people are our source for job? You mean they develop more jobs such as Microsoft corpration expanded and made more job opportunities in factories making computers?

Can you explain more what you mean by rich people?

Both of families and businesses are separated, start business then you will get different taxes than applies to residents who work for company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back