Govt of Alaska: Sarah Palin is Vice-President with McCain

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was no doubt removed because it was innacurrate. And that quote is not anywhere in this link, either. Likewise, you might want to keep in mind that Clinton lost to Obama, and now supports him and his plan.

That's right, not all companies offers insurance to employees, even some of them offers crappy or very expensive insurance that cause low to middle class families cannot afford it and can't trust with company or insurance.

I'm favor into universal health care.

It was no doubt removed because it was innacurrate. And that quote is not anywhere in this link, either. Likewise, you might want to keep in mind that Clinton lost to Obama, and now supports him and his plan.

She groaned, "oh hell, please support Obama whatever he might promise."

I would not ever vote for mcCain and palin.
i really hate her and him.
I dont care about gender...
what their views and attiduies are do matters to me.
might they are anti-ADA or anti-deaf?

She groaned, "oh hell, please support Obama whatever he might promise."

Nope, not at all. Support the candidate that you believe will do the best job for the American public that puts him in office. But whomever you support, please make sure that you have the facts and are not going off half cocked on less than adequate information. Make an informed decision.

Oh my dear!

I cannot beleive that people think McCain/Palin would change and improve the country. Don´t you know that they support 90% of Bush Adminstration?

Oh my dear!

I cannot beleive that people think McCain/Palin would change and improve the country. Don´t you know that they support 90% of Bush Adminstration?

Not worry, next election will going be some difference from 2004, also democrat won to tookover in congress in 2006 election, it could show of signal about goes into more democrat due we had alot of mistake under Bush Administration.

regarding both conventions (DNC and RNC) someone in this thread saw the differences between those two when it comes to disabilities as such... but I came across this article today and here's quote;

Suffice it to say, the Republican Party is largely comprised of white, married Christians. Anyone watching the two conventions last summer can't have missed the stark differences: One party was brimming with energy, youth and diversity; the other felt like an annual Depends sales meeting.

With the exception of Miss Alaska, of course.
source: washingtonpost.com

There you go! LOL!

If this is an example of how strongly she, or anyone else in the Republican party, will advocate for and uphold the rights of the disabled in this country, we all need to be very, very worried.

And my dad and big sister wonder why I won't vote Republican. In my family, voting Democratic is verboten. :roll:

And my dad and big sister wonder why I won't vote Republican. In my family, voting Democratic is verboten. :roll:

Wow. I'm lucky. Everyone in my family is a Democrat.

When I cast my first vote in 1989, I was an Independent and voted for Michael Dukakis.

By the mid 90s I changed my party affiliation to Democrat and have always voted a straight Democratic ticket for as long as I can remember.

Democrats are for the poor, working middle class and people with disabilities. Republicans aren't.

...Democrats are for the poor, working middle class and people with disabilities. Republicans aren't.
I'm not a Republican but that statement is insulting stereotyping, and not true.

I'm not a Republican but that statement is insulting stereotyping, and not true.

yes it is true. republicans haven't done anything for people with disabilities. the republicans may have signed the ada, but they also placed restrictions on it as well. that's not advocating for the rights of the disabled.

I agree. Not all disabled people like Obama you know. I'm not a republican either. I'm independant. I did see the republicans as having better policies for the disabled. I heard he included captioning for the Deaf into the ADA. He believes in the sactimony of life so is against Euthanasia. I've heard he is disabled himself from war injuries. He also adopted a very ill child from abroad. Sarah Palin kept a disabled child when 90 percent don't. Actions speak louder then words as far as I am concerned.

I'm not moved by fancy speaches. I base my opion on facts not promises.

I agree. Not all disabled people like Obama you know. I'm not a republican either. I'm independant. I did see the republicans as having better policies for the disabled. I heard he included captioning for the Deaf into the ADA. He believes in the sactimony of life so is against Euthanasia. I've heard he is disabled himself from war injuries. He also adopted a very ill child from abroad. Sarah Palin kept a disabled child when 90 percent don't. Actions speak louder then words as far as I am concerned.

I'm not moved by fancy speaches. I base my opion on facts not promises.

who is the "he" you're referring to in your post above? mccain?

republicans don't have better policies for the disabled. for example, every time there has been a republican in office (of the presidency), they've always reduced social security payments. they've also cut services for people with disabilities. also, obama had all of his political commercials captioned while mccain did not.

by the way, just because i voted for obama doesn't mean i'm taken in by fancy speeches. i like a good communicator who has strong values, morals, principles and will do everything he can to help the disabled community.

sarah palin's concern regarding the disabled was primarily aimed at parents of children who have down's syndrome. instead of focusing her attention on *all* people with disabilities, she chose to focus only on a limited few. obama, on the other hand, wants to fight for *everyone* who has a disability. given that significant discrepancy, who would you rather have on your side?

who is the "he" you're referring to in your post above? mccain?

republicans don't have better policies for the disabled. for example, every time there has been a republican in office (of the presidency), they've always reduced social security payments. they've also cut services for people with disabilities. also, obama had all of his political commercials captioned while mccain did not.

by the way, just because i voted for obama doesn't mean i'm taken in by fancy speeches. i like a good communicator who has strong values, morals, principles and will do everything he can to help the disabled community.

sarah palin's concern regarding the disabled was primarily aimed at parents of children who have down's syndrome. instead of focusing her attention on *all* people with disabilities, she chose to focus only on a limited few. obama, on the other hand, wants to fight for *everyone* who has a disability. because of that, i'd rather have obama on my side.

Yes I was refering to McCain. We'll have to agree to disagree on this matter.

I will agree that Obama was much better communicator whilst McCain seems rather a poor comunicator. But communication isn't everything. It'll get you into the office but it won't keep you there.

Also Obama's disabled policies obviously weren't for everybody. Not the severely disabled with suicidal tendancies or pre born disabled. Or for some disabled people who's peace of mind rests on being alowed to bear arms to defend themselves with.

Yes I was refering to McCain. We'll have to agree to disagree on this matter.

I will agree that Obama was much better communicator whilst McCain seems rather a poor comunicator. But communication isn't everything. It'll get you into the office but it won't keep you there.

Also Obama's disabled policies obviously weren't for everybody. Not the severely disabled with suicidal tendancies or pre born disabled. Or for some disabled people who's peace of mind rests on being alowed to bear arms to defend themselves with.

being a good communicator will most definitely keep you in office. if george w. bush could be elected to serve 8 years with abysmal communication skills, what makes you think that having good communication skills wouldn't be of benefit to obama when he's in office?

where do you get the idea that obama won't help those with suicidal tendencies? over the past 8 years under the bush administration, funding for mental health services in the u.s. have been severely restricted. obama wants to change that.

if disabled people want to buy guns, they've had 8 years (under the bush administration) to do it. if they sit and wait around until obama is elected, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back