Government trying to block cell phones in cars

Let's see, before cellphones was pagers. Before pagers was CB (according to Reba) and payphone. Before payphones.....Probably hardly any cars. Just horse and carriage and pigeons.
Don't forget smoke signals. :)

cellphone-car.gif

there's a very very very strict protocol regarding the use of OnStar. However - there were some cases of thieves stealing car via OnStar.

How? Identity Theft.

But even then OnStar is still a joke. When a vehicle that is equipped with OnStar is stolen, the first thing the thieves do is disable it so it can't be tracked.

Won't happen as a person's car is their private domain, it will fail on those grounds.

wrong ! the car may be on your private domain, but the state or city own the road we drive on! My state has a ban on texting while driving. This is real bad idea wanting to block cells phones as people do use their cell phones to report a drunk driver on the road or an accident , or someone with road rage!

Not many teenagers are that smart because they basically just texting while driving.

I don't text and drive, period. To me that is like trying to read the Sunday paper while driving and holding a hot cup of coffee. You know it's probably a bad idea and you know people who are going to try it, despite the odds that the outcome won't be pretty.

Won't happen as a person's car is their private domain, it will fail on those grounds.

I disagree. If the cops can enforce seat belts, they can enforce a no phone rule. Or try to. I think hands free legislation is enough, but hey.

Back