Government to School Kids: Say Bye Bye to Baked Sales

I wonder why so many kids have peanut allergies these days? It seems to be increasing.

Makes me wonder how the Girl Scouts get away with selling peanut butter cookies. :|

I was thinking the same thing. I never recalled anything like a "peanut butter free" area. What the heck is that???
Hubby and I never heard of a kid with a peanut butter allergy when we were growing up. I don't recall any of my daughter's classmates having a peanut butter allergy either. :dunno:

I wonder why so many kids have peanut allergies these days? It seems to be increasing.

It is a question I have had for a while too. Good question.

I was thinking the same thing. I never recalled anything like a "peanut butter free" area. What the heck is that???

This year was the first time we have had that. Apparently, we have some students (I dont know who due to privacy reasons) who are allergic to peanuts. :dunno:

Hubby and I never heard of a kid with a peanut butter allergy when we were growing up. I don't recall any of my daughter's classmates having a peanut butter allergy either. :dunno:

Even as a child, I never had any classmates with a problem with peanut butter. I never ate it only because I didnt like it, not because of allergies.

Even as a child, I never had any classmates with a problem with peanut butter. I never ate it only because I didnt like it, not because of allergies.
Maybe today's kids: not like = allergic

Wirelessly posted

Severe Peanut allergy is growing. Trace Adkin's child have life threatening food allergy to peanut.

Beside plenty of kids love pbj- it is not like they want to be allergic to it. Our son have peanut allergy according to his skin testing on peanut. We cut back to control his ezcema. I love serve him pbj because it is simple and he loves it. I serve sunflower butter instead.

Last edited:
As a child, I HATED pbj...as an adult, I love it. Weird

Wirelessly posted

Well my son have asthma hives and ezcema and i'll do anything to get it under control. Its hard to watch him feeling miserable.If I don't do anything, its worst. Hives all over, asthma act up, eczema flare up.

I saw his skin testing and how he is not allergy to any food except beans carrots and any nuts. They swelled up bigger than a bee stung and he was crying how itchy it was. He is suppose get an epipen just in case.

But he doesn't have what trace 's kid have.

Last edited:
Has anyone notice that Michelle Obama has put on weight herself! And so has her kids! If she does not want the schools to have bake sale then give the schools the money they need to teach our kids! Michelle Obama and one of her girl just when a vacation and that cost us tax payers money , maybe if
Michelle Obama would stop taking so many trips as she has to have her own white house body guides and own private jet and this cost us money! That money could be use our schools!

it was said that it's hyped up to scare people into buying gluten-free food to crush the competition containing peanut/peanut butter. a silly notion? :dunno:

Peanut allergy on the increase - 2002
Are peanut allergies for real? - 2003
Peanut allergy epidemic may be overstated - 2006

notice the timeline of these articles very carefully.

A girl in one of my daughter's high school classes died from eating Chinese food that had peanut as a sauce ingredient she did not know about.

In front of several classmates. They found it to be very real. I don't think any of them ever got over it.

Has anyone notice that Michelle Obama has put on weight herself! And so has her kids! If she does not want the schools to have bake sale then give the schools the money they need to teach our kids!
Ironically, the new law probably won't even apply to private schools, which the Obama girls attend.

can you be allergic to peanuts from birth, or do they usually show up a little while later? Didn't PB&J sandwiches used to be a staple in a child's diet? If you never eat it, or get exposed to it, you develop less of a resistance to it.

Studies have proven that if you're exposed to family pets right from the start, you're less likely to develop allergies from them. But if you leave the home at 18 and spend the next 20 years without pets, then you might find yourself suddenly allergic to the dog you finally decide to adopt. But pet dander is a bit different than a dietary allergen. Growing up, I think I've known only one person who was allergic to peanut butter.

Ironically, the new law probably won't even apply to private schools, which the Obama girls attend.

You're so right! And the private schools would not need bake sales any way! I when to a private school for 2 years and they did not have any bake sales! I bet the Obama girls get to eat home made brownies all the time!

Wirelessly posted

No. He was not exposed to peanut. The reasons he is allergy to green beans and carrots because he was highly allergic to trees. The skin test for trees were bigger than a quarter andt swellings and redness nearly fill up his whole back. Some food share the same trait as trees.

He was exposed to trees as we live in the mountain valley.

Last edited:
can you be allergic to peanuts from birth, or do they usually show up a little while later? Didn't PB&J sandwiches used to be a staple in a child's diet? If you never eat it, or get exposed to it, you develop less of a resistance to it.

Studies have proven that if you're exposed to family pets right from the start, you're less likely to develop allergies from them. But if you leave the home at 18 and spend the next 20 years without pets, then you might find yourself suddenly allergic to the dog you finally decide to adopt. But pet dander is a bit different than a dietary allergen. Growing up, I think I've known only one person who was allergic to peanut butter.

I love Molly! What sweetheart of a cat! Give her a big hug for me!

it was said that it's hyped up to scare people into buying gluten-free food to crush the competition containing peanut/peanut butter. a silly notion? :dunno:

Peanut allergy on the increase - 2002
Are peanut allergies for real? - 2003
Peanut allergy epidemic may be overstated - 2006
notice the timeline of these articles very carefully.
Some experts claim that children acquire peanut allergy because either the mother ate peanuts while nursing, or the children ate peanuts before age three.

The people of America's Southeast, Vietnam, and areas of Africa grow and consume the most peanuts. Asians, Africans, and people of the American Southeast use lots of peanut oil for cooking. Presumably, their children should be the highest percentage with peanut allergies, right? But they are not.

I did a little searching, and found that there is no racial or ethnic propensity for peanut allergies. (My research wasn't extensive, so there could be disagreement.)

Did you find anything along that line?

Did you find anything along that line?

nope...

My theory is that America is heavily reliant on chemicals because the regulation on chemical is atrocious. The worst part? we're consuming it for decades and now the symptom is starting to show. Europe and Asia have a very very strict regulation and the people are extremely self-conscious about it but not America.

why the atrocious regulation on chemicals used in products and food? maybe a nefarious motive is to make people reliant on healthcare/medications for life till deaths? :dunno:

Back