Government to School Kids: Say Bye Bye to Baked Sales

Children are not able to decide which is healthy for them yet unless their parents explain to them. You ask a child which they prefer...

cupcake_lgl.jpg

or

apple.jpg

source

:lol: Yeah, never mind gooey oatmeal, even though it is so good for kids!

on the other hand, I have heard plenty of people getting anaphylaxis from bee stings. Still rare as peanut allergies though.

I heard of people having allergies to strawberries when I was younger, I had cousin who could not eat them. A woman dies right in a restaurant after eating pesto! The woman the waitress if there was any nuts in their pesto and she was told "NO"! Pine Nuts were in the pesto and the woman dies within minutes ! This happen a few years ago at restaurant in my state it was a family restaurant , not a chain .

genetic doesn't mean 100% guarantee that your siblings would get it. it's based on "Genetics Probability of Inheritance" (Punnett Square)

For ie - hearing father + deaf mother (deaf due to genetic) = their child will have a 50% chance of being deaf.

inheritance_of_a_dominant_trait.gif

it also depends on if either parent has a recessive gene or not. to answer your question - I don't know if it's genetic or environmental. The only way to answer this question is to get as much family history along with medical history as you can and then show it to experts. I believe Blood Testing (very expensive) can confirm this too.

Speaking of genes, when I was a teen, my mother got very sick from hives and other allerigic related stuff and she had to take a lot of tests for allergies. I didn't know people could be allergic to grass till I read my mother's list. She has very long list of allergies. None of the other members of my family are as affected as my mother though I seem to be the most severly affected after my mother.

I'm allergic to anything with a high amount of latex. Avacados (they have a high amount of latex) will make me very ill. Even a single bite will make me ill. Many years ago I ate a whole avocado and I couldn't stop throwing up for 3 whole days. It was awful. I avoid Mexican restruants for this reason.

I'm told bananas also have a high latex count even though I've never had an allergic reaction to it. Then again, I have not eaten them in many years cuz i'm leery of them as I don't want to spend days in the bathroom.

I've had severe reactions to latex based items as well; they will cause a really bad case of hives if I use them on my skin.

I've had bad reactions to clams as well. I thought it was a certain resturant's cooking at first but Ive eaten at other places and had the same results.

I have a long history of eczema though I have no idea why. So does my brother. No on else has this history in my family.

My dad has a bad time with hayfever and so does my little sister though she's not as affected. I don't think she has any other allegries . I don't think my big sister is allergic to anything.

No one on either side of my family ever had allergies that we know of until I came along and I have such multiple allergies that life is rough. Unfortunately, my son has inherited most of my allergies. These allergies also include some to food, but are mostly soaps and cleaners, plant based, and medicines. I also have some really weird ones like freon and grass. Luckily our food allergies do not include nuts, so we can have our favorite peanut butter. Both kids got my SNL hearing loss. Son got his vision problems from hubby (astigmatism).

I do wonder if the peanut allergy really came from the quality of the peanuts itself or the processing?

A theory of the development of peanut allergy has to do with the way peanuts are processed in North America versus other countries, like China and India. Peanuts are widely eaten in China and India, but peanut allergies are almost unheard of there.[citation needed] According to a 2003 study, roasting peanuts, as more commonly done in North America, causes the major peanut allergen Ara h2 to become a stronger inhibitor of the digestive enzyme trypsin, making it more resistant to digestion.[20] Additionally, this allergen has also been shown to protect Ara h1, another major peanut allergen, from digestion—a characteristic further enhanced by roasting.[20]

Another theory, called the hygiene hypothesis, states that a lack of early childhood exposure to infectious agents like germs and parasites could be causing the increase of food allergies.[21]
source

Wirelessly posted

My school banned bake sales in early 00s because parents fail to label the ingredients and many kids were sent home sick afterward.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Back