Got HDTV?

Reason why Gears of War supposed to release on launch date. They realized that HDTV will come popular. They remake again for HDTV and drop SDTV. Also CRT will be gone forever. I do have CRT and it is really bad for lot of static and eyes. Getting SXRD or DLP is best thing you will be love with it. I do know some guys against HDTV. Just let them what they want to do to stick with old tv like SDTV or CRT. Reason for quality pictures for movies. Do you noticed that games start to make some movies like Dead or Alive 4. It is really awesome to see that kind. For me, I already have HDTV with CRT and i love it very much, but I really love HDTV with LCD more than CRT. You will see difference from lcd and crt. When you play HALO 2 on crt and you miss something there. Playing HALO 2 on LCD and I found more than CRT. That's strange. It is hard to explain. It is more crisp picture and more viewable that you can not miss. My suggestion to get DLP or SXRD than LCD or CRT. Make sure HDTV with many HDMI inputs with certified. For Gears of War will show more when you play on HDTV and you can see everything on widescreen. Best to get 50 to 60 inches. I know you guys can not afford. Just wait until prices drop down. You still can play with HDTV LCD widescreen 26 to 46 and it still looks great. CRT is still good at least you can afford.

The reason is very simple... MONEY! It now cost even more to produce CRT than flat screen. Plus it takes more energy to make CRT, remember CRT is mostly made of glass, and in order to mold the glass, requires enormous amount of heat energy to melt the glass and mold them to specific, where the flat screen uses plastic or acyrlic, thus requires much less heat energy to make them. CRT is being phased out and will be phase out in 2007 for sure.
:EDIT:
Whats more, now since that flat screen TV/monitors cost less than CRT, what do you think most customers would choose, CRT that cost more and takes up too much space, or flat screen LCD which cost less and uses much less space? It is no brainer there,. That is why companies who makes CRT knew it is going to hurt them if they continue to make CRT and end up overstock them.

How come there are CRT HDTVs? Why would they stop production on CRTs if there are CRT based HDTVs? I believe they will continue producing CRT based HDTV because they're the cheapest HDTV technology than any other technology in the market. I think they will phrase out the CRT SDTVs and others.

I heard LED is going to take over, reason? LED last MUCH MUCH MUCH longer than any kind of light source! Even though it cost lil more BUT it would outlast regular bulbs used in flat screen, thus alot cheaper in long run.

I think that you should wait for a new Laser TV to come in this spring or summer 2007. It is getting popular in Europe now. You might be real sorry that it would be difficult for you to sell your "new" TV next year.

Reason why Gears of War supposed to release on launch date. They realized that HDTV will come popular. They remake again for HDTV and drop SDTV. Also CRT will be gone forever. I do have CRT and it is really bad for lot of static and eyes. Getting SXRD or DLP is best thing you will be love with it. I do know some guys against HDTV. Just let them what they want to do to stick with old tv like SDTV or CRT. Reason for quality pictures for movies. Do you noticed that games start to make some movies like Dead or Alive 4. It is really awesome to see that kind. For me, I already have HDTV with CRT and i love it very much, but I really love HDTV with LCD more than CRT. You will see difference from lcd and crt. When you play HALO 2 on crt and you miss something there. Playing HALO 2 on LCD and I found more than CRT. That's strange. It is hard to explain. It is more crisp picture and more viewable that you can not miss. My suggestion to get DLP or SXRD than LCD or CRT. Make sure HDTV with many HDMI inputs with certified. For Gears of War will show more when you play on HDTV and you can see everything on widescreen. Best to get 50 to 60 inches. I know you guys can not afford. Just wait until prices drop down. You still can play with HDTV LCD widescreen 26 to 46 and it still looks great. CRT is still good at least you can afford.

How about LCD widescreen 19"-20"?

I heard LED is going to take over, reason? LED last MUCH MUCH MUCH longer than any kind of light source! Even though it cost lil more BUT it would outlast regular bulbs used in flat screen, thus alot cheaper in long run.

You mean Light-emitting diode ? I don't know anything about a LED TV set.

FYI, flat panel LCDs still use glass, thin ones. There's no way LCD use plastic and it will not make the picture sharp and crisp, the glass is behind a layer of very thin plastic. The bigger the LCD/Plasma TV/monitor is, the more easy you can break them. The manufactures should have designed them with a thicker glass so it won't break easy. Thin glass is fine on smaller LCD screens up to 20" or so, though. I guess people complain about the weight of the monitor/TV so they make it thin. They could also sandwich 2 layers of thin plastic with glass in the middle which will have less chance of breaking them.

SAMSUNG's Digital World - SlimFit HDTV | TX-S3079WH

This is one example of a 30" CRT HDTV made by Samsung, they recently introduced a new model of the CRT HDTV. I think Samsung is the largest maker for CRT based HDTVs because I see most of them branded Samsung.

Yea, Don't blame on HDTV for make poor CC but it was happen with LCD and I found out that LCD has poor CC than CRT does, and not know about what happen. I'm looking for HDTV with CRT at electronic stores and not alot are offers but doubt about phase all CRT out because some people need new CRT and all expected would support on HDTV.

I prefer to get HDTV with CRT.

Yea, I found nice HDTV with CRT from Sears... :)

Personally, I prefer front-projection TVs (digital projectors) to rear-projection TVs.

I never cared for the rear-projection televisions. Ugh.

I don't have a HD television nor will I need one anytime soon. :)

SAMSUNG's Digital World - SlimFit HDTV | TX-S3079WH

How CC looks has nothing to do with whether the TV is CRT or LCD (or LCoS or DLP or whatever else is out there). In fact, with digital TV, CC is not rendered by the TV but rather by the receiver or cable box.

Be careful with CRT TV's - NONE of them will display a true high definition picture. For example take a closer look at the specs for the TX-S3079WH model mentioned above. It cannot display a native 720P picture - and even worse it's maximum horizontal resolution is only 800 lines. In true high definition the horizontal resolution is either 1,280 lines (for 720P) or 1,920 lines (for 1080i). 800 lines doesn't even come close and in fact is barely more than standard definition (720 lines for 480i/p).

How CC looks has nothing to do with whether the TV is CRT or LCD (or LCoS or DLP or whatever else is out there). In fact, with digital TV, CC is not rendered by the TV but rather by the receiver or cable box.

Be careful with CRT TV's - NONE of them will display a true high definition picture. For example take a closer look at the specs for the TX-S3079WH model mentioned above. It cannot display a native 720P picture - and even worse it's maximum horizontal resolution is only 800 lines. In true high definition the horizontal resolution is either 1,280 lines (for 720P) or 1,920 lines (for 1080i). 800 lines doesn't even come close and in fact is barely more than standard definition (720 lines for 480i/p).

Trust me, LCD did display with poor CC and not good as CRT does.

I noticed about between CRT for SDTV and HDTV then HDTV is best one with normal CC, not poor as LCD does. We have HDTV with LCD that made from Sanyo and CC looks horrible.

I have a question.

Will everyone have to buy a HDTV? Will the cable still broadcast analog TV channels for the time being? I don't think everyone will have HDTV by 2008. The people who are very poor won't be able to afford a HDTV, so they use a old CRT tv to watch.

I have a question.

Will everyone have to buy a HDTV? Will the cable still broadcast analog TV channels for the time being? I don't think everyone will have HDTV by 2008. The people who are very poor won't be able to afford a HDTV, so they use a old CRT tv to watch.

I'm sure that most CRT would support on HDTV instead of SDTV, and most low income families got good deal with TV sales at Wal-Mart. I'm expected that most CRT with HDTV is more affordable than LCD and can't wait to check out on laser TV.

Hmm Im thinking of gettin me a HDTV. Might get this ENVISION Black & Silver 32" LCD HDTV What do you guys think? This is just for me. Nothin fancy. Steel told me about the new 50 in Laser HDTV that is comming next year for a grand. I been trying to get infomation but its not telling me much about it. In need one for the living room since our 13yr old 36inch tube is failing. The colors is crapping out. :o

I'm sure that most CRT would support on HDTV instead of SDTV, and most low income families got good deal with TV sales at Wal-Mart. I'm expected that most CRT with HDTV is more affordable than LCD and can't wait to check out on laser TV.

Yeah, I saw that at Wal-mart. I am sure mostly will support up to 720p.

You know 1080p are very expensive. I dont think walmart will buy tv with 1080p in their time.

Maybe in two years later or least.

I have a question.

True. The price on a true HDTV is still backing me off and no, that doesnt mean I'm poor... :roll:

Yeah, I saw that at Wal-mart. I am sure mostly will support up to 720p.

You know 1080p are very expensive. I dont think walmart will buy tv with 1080p in their time.

Maybe in two years later or least.

Some of them are support up to 1080i.

I changed my mind about prefer to get LCD over CRT.

Back