GOP selective memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
Amazing how GOPs are so busy rewriting history:

"On "Good Morning America" Friday, the former New York mayor declared, "We had no domestic attacks under Bush; we've had one under Obama."

Not only does the statement suggest Giuliani does not remember the devastating attack in his own city, it also omits the anthrax attacks and the attempted shoe bomber attack."

Rudy Giuliani: 'We Had No Domestic Attacks Under Bush; We've Had One Under Obama'

HELLO!?!? YOUR OWN CITY HAD THE WORST TERRORIST ATTACK IN HISTORY UNDER BUSH!

well.... let's see... from top of my memory - we had 4 hijacked planes under GWB and 3 planes crashed into WTC and Pentagon.

2,000-3,000 causalities as the result of terrorist attacks on American soil under GWB....

Err... really? Interesting.

Giuliani is a toolbag politician that only cares about making himself look good. He's not aware of half the crap that comes out of his own mouth. Remember his platform for 2008?

"9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11..."

double post... AD is lagging big time.

Giuliani is a toolbag politician that only cares about making himself look good. He's not aware of half the crap that comes out of his own mouth. Remember his platform for 2008?

"9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11..."

"What year was the 9-11?" and see if he remembers!

bomb bomb bomb

bomb bomb bomb

I get the feeling the GOP is coming down with Alzheimer’s Disease and they're hoping we'll forget as well.

"What he [Obama] should be doing is following the right things that Bush did -- one of the right things he did was treat this as a war on terror. We had no domestic attacks under Bush. We’ve had one under Obama,” Giuliani said. “Number two, he should correct the things that Bush didn’t do right. Sending people to Yemen was wrong, not getting this whole intelligence thing corrected.”

Context is everything. Since Rudy is talking about how The Presidents handled the war on terror it is pretty obvious he is talking post 9/11. In the same quote he says where he believes Bush went wrong. Yes Rudy is GOP but it doesn't sound like a purely partisan opinion to me. Quite certain he was refering to successful attacks and not attempted attacks as well.

For those of you who actually believe we are safer under Obama......Well I pray you are right and I am wrong.

People need to realize that no security system is 100% failproof.

The HuffPo? Oh please.........
Not even worth saying anything else. HuffPo will casually omit anything Rudy mentions about 9/11, and completely ignore anything relevant, like the 3+ attacks already in the last year. Just like their opinions regarding regular people rising up politically for the first time in their lives because of this disgrace of an administration and its attempts to incorporate us into their new world order.
Wake up, please.

SimpleMan, so you believe that we never had terrorist attacks under Bush? Nice. And that there was no Reid... and no anthrax attacks... ok, sure.

Exactly. It could happen under Obama as well. Gotta love the lies though.

I think we are seeing plenty of lies now. Where is the transparency that was promised? Why isn't the Health Care debate on C-Span like Obama promised? Why wasn't the bill posted online for all to read like Obama promised? Why was congress only given two days to read 2500 pages? Why was there major pork in the stimulus bill? What about the deal made with Nebraska to win the Health care vote? He promised no more politics as usual. What about the millions given to a Senator to build a hospital in exchange for his vote when it was assumed he was voting for the bill already?

Thyere are plenty of "lies" to go around. But with Rudy's statement prehaps he was talking about post 9/11 since the conversation was about the war on terror.

As for the shoebomber and Anthrax, I think he was refering to successful attacks. I would disagree with him on Anthrax. Although small I would consider that a successful attack.

I think we are seeing plenty of lies now. Where is the transparency that was promised? Why isn't the Health Care debate on C-Span like Obama promised? Why wasn't the bill posted online for all to read like Obama promised? Why was congress only given two days to read 2500 pages? Why was there major pork in the stimulus bill? What about the deal made with Nebraska to win the Health care vote? He promised no more politics as usual. What about the millions given to a Senator to build a hospital in exchange for his vote when it was assumed he was voting for the bill already?
Thyere are plenty of "lies" to go around. But with Rudy's statement prehaps he was talking about post 9/11 since the conversation was about the war on terror.

As for the shoebomber and Anthrax, I think he was refering to successful attacks. I would disagree with him on Anthrax. Although small I would consider that a successful attack.
A familiar tactic, in bold. Derail a topic unrelated to the original post, just for another chance to shovel anti-Obama mud on everything? Where are all the graphs, polls, and biased weblinks? Nice Hijacking try....Zzzzzzzzzz

A familiar tactic, in bold. Derail a topic unrelated to the original post, just for another chance to shovel anti-Obama mud on everything? Where are all the graphs, polls, and biased weblinks? Nice Hijacking try....Zzzzzzzzzz

I made my point in a previous post. The post you are referring to is merely to point out the hypocrisy of of the "lies" comment. No hijack here. The original quote was taken out of context.

I made my point in a previous post. The post you are referring to is merely to point out the hypocrisy of of the "lies" comment. No hijack here. The original quote was taken out of context.
Oh sure, I can see that now...:roll: It sure seemed like you spent a lot more words on that bolded part of your post, as if you were waiting for your chance. If anyone thinks Obama has dropped the ball on terror, while Bush hit a home run, get your head out of Rush's ass. Bush was the man on duty for 9/11. You know what? I never blamed him or his staff or his security system. Nice try to make it look like Obama is part of the blame. Maybe some of these hot heads are fueled by all the rally cries at FoxesNews and Rush Limp-pause. Who knows? Why blame anyone besides the guy with the bomb? If Obama invested in more security, you would complain about the cost. Your guy lost. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back