Global Warming

ravensteve, you still haven't said which state you're in.

ravensteve1961 said:
No,By voting out the democrats and putting the republicans in charge. True We do need Alternative oil,,By drilling oil in alaska for cheaper oil prices instead of buying from OPEC. Its people like the democrats blocking this. So by voting them out maybe things would start changing. Just like Bush is now gonna redo 75% of evoinmental regulations.
It doesn't make any better in environmental perception. Democrats are the one who defend environemt against these conservatives-berserkers.

Now Bush plan to dismantle the environment regulation, it is to be guarantee that many children/adults will suffer with illness and such from toxic and many more. In fact, it will make everything worse.

Look at Sweden, their lands are like 10 times cleaner than America's lands where health problems are like 30% or more less than in America. That said all.

You are a plain insane as usual.

Edit: In fact, I thank to God daily that you are not senator or president.

Last edited:
And he's complaining about car fees there are set by Democrats? ravensteve, where's that Republican car emission tax? Mr. Jeb Bush has been in office for quite some time....

Dennis said:
And he's complaining about car fees there are set by Democrats? ravensteve, where's that Republican car emission tax? Mr. Jeb Bush has been in office for quite some time....
Maybe that's why he neglected to name the state where he lives in because it will contradict his ravings :)

Its The Democrats who created evoinmental laws. It goes way back in the mid 70s with jimmy carters oil shortage crap went into effect. BTW I live in both states Maryland & Florida. My car is registered in maryland.

Yes, they created the environmental law to protect the environment from pollutions and polluters like you. They do care about americans and their health plus friendly-environment for our future generations. But apparently people like you obviously don't care. "I have moral values" *scoff* yeah right.

Have you ever study or read the Law of Causality? If you didn't then go out and buy a book on Law of Causality to understand better.. because you seem don't understand anything about causes & effects.

but why Los Angeles and New York City have smog...

but Detroit, Michigan and Atlanta, Georgia have less smog...
those places have industries.

I don't understand...
Could it be that the city have tooo many people.
And less trees?
Maybe Los Angeles and New York City need more trees...
so that it won't be too much smog.

Do trees make rain, also?

Miss*Pinocchio said:

I don't understand...
And less trees?

Yes Why dont they start plainting trees instead of taxing the hell out of the middle class? Why dont democrat come up with CORPERATE TAX? Tax the wealthy and that will put new trees into the ground put it in california . And Local California politicans create HOLLYWOOD TAX that makes movie stars and TV stars pay to put new trees in california...GET THE RICH !!! NOT THE MIDDLE CLASS AND THE POOR!!!

Dennis said:
You already have the choice of making donations to improve the environment. Suffice it to say, people are greedy and selfish and that route doesn't seem to provide enough funds to get to the goals we set for improving our environment.

I prefer to donate $$ toward non profit organizations
to preserve trees, etc but unfortunately I am NOT able
to donate anything only because I was being forced to
purchase these auto parts that were NOT needed
in the first place.

I happen to have both cars (BMW and Jeep).
I spent lots of $$ on these parts/repairs only
because of the emission inspection failure....
(there were NO smoke shown and the motor was
good and clean I had no problem driving the car )
They gave me list of new parts that
I am required to purchase and get them fixed.
Later I found out that they lied to me that
most of these parts are NOT necessary at all.
They just wanted my money for
these extra unnecessary parts, thats all. I wish that
emission inspection was never invented.

I felt Sad because I wanted so badly to
donate $$$ toward my favorite organziation to
preserve these trees and land but
I can't only because
$$ went to these auto parts/repairs
due to these emission inspections.

Last edited:
The Problem

The city of Los Angeles faces a distinct air pollution problem, that of Photochemical Smog. It is a condition that occurs when sunlight hits organic compounds, nitrogen oxides, and oxygen to form chemicals such as ozone and carbon dioxide. This reaction produces the yellowish-brown tinge that highlights the skies over LA. Careless emission of carbon monoxide and nitrous oxide in to the atmosphere has caused an increase in pulmonary disease and has had a detrimental effect on the environment.

Environmental Effects
Smog has proven to be a silent killer. The effects on humans can range anywhere from eye irritations to lung cancer. The Stanford Research Institute found that of the persons who had encountered eye irritations in the past, 84.1% had said that they had suffered from it only in downtown Los Angeles. Other effects on humans are irritation of the nose and throat, increased mucus production and tendency to cough, headaches, and chest pain coupled with difficulty breathing without coughing. Thus, people with respiratory conditions are more susceptible to asthma attacks. Prolonged exposure to smog can cause permanent damage in the lungs, ultimately resulting in lung cancer. The Multiple Air Toxics Exposure Study (MATES-II) the addition of diesel particulate, 1,3 butadiene, and benzene dramatically increases carcinogenic risk. The full MATES-II study can be obtained here. Smog also has effects on vegetation and the animals that live in the ecosystem. Carbon particulates and acid rain damage the leaves of plants thus reducing their photosynthetic efficiency to produce energy. Acid rain also harms the Santa Monica Bay and other inland rivers and lakes by decreasing the pH levels (increasing acidity).

Solutions to the Problem

Avoding uncessary driving
Carpooling
Routine car maintenance such as maintaining oil and gasoline filters and keeping tires properly inflated
Avoiding hard driving
Consolidating trips

If the city does not work together as a whole, the problems that face the citizens of Los Angeles will only worsen. This is why we must move now to make tomorrow a clearer one, for ourselves and our children.

ravensteve1961 said:
Its The Democrats who created evoinmental laws. It goes way back in the mid 70s with jimmy carters oil shortage crap went into effect. BTW I live in both states Maryland & Florida. My car is registered in maryland.

You live in two states and consider yourself poor/middle class? Hah! I'm considered middle class, and I can barely afford to live in ONE "Republican" state!

Or, fine, let's say you are being severely taxed by one state.... why don't you register it in the state that's cheaper, since you live there? That's the beauty of the state system -- the Federal laws have no impact on this area, so it's up to the states to say how much it'll cost you to register your car.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

I don't understand...
And less trees?

From my viewpoint, it's summed up in two words:

URBAN SPRAWL

In other words, NY, Chicago, and LA cease to be "cities" in any traditional sense of the word. They are MEGALOPOLISES, a city of cities. I know for a fact that some L.A. county cities have been fighting to separate themselves from "Los Angeles, the city" and form "Valley City" in Hollywood/San Fernando Valley/etc. This is because the city of Los Angeles is so huge that they feel they're not being represented well.

Trust me, Detroit and Atlanta have their own smog problems. It's just that when you can compare them to L.A. and Houston, they're not that bad.

Y said:
I prefer to donate $$ toward non profit organizations
to preserve trees, etc but unfortunately I am NOT able
to donate anything only because I was being forced to
purchase these auto parts that were NOT needed
in the first place.

I happen to have both cars (BMW and Jeep).
I spent lots of $$ on these parts/repairs only
because of the emission inspection failure....
(there were NO smoke shown and the motor was
good and clean I had no problem driving the car )
They gave me list of new parts that
I am required to purchase and get them fixed.
Later I found out that they lied to me that
most of these parts are NOT necessary at all.
They just wanted my money for
these extra unnecessary parts, thats all. I wish that
emission inspection was never invented.

I felt Sad because I wanted so badly to
donate $$$ toward my favorite organziation to
preserve these trees and land but
I can't only because
$$ went to these auto parts/repairs
due to these emission inspections.

Nice excuse. Too bad that I don't believe you would donate even if environmental taxes were completely abolished.

You have a BMW and a Jeep? Nice cars. Wouldn't you have saved up for 2 BMW's if there's no taxes on them? Oh, wait, no, you want to donate money to the "Save the air I breathe" organization. Maybe to help you get the car you want, you'll donate $5 instead of $10.

I'm not saying people don't donate, I'm just saying that no one will give money if they don't have to. I don't like paying taxes -- but I know that my tax money is my obligation to the government. I've looked over the taxes I pay and I deem them reasonable for myself. I would even approve larger taxes if I could, because I can see where we need the government to fund measures that people just won't spare a DIME for if they had a choice.

I would support a tax for stem cell research.

I would support a tax for alternative fuel methods.

I would support a tax to help clean up my environment.

I would support a tax to keep American jobs in America.

I would support a tax to give us VRS 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Do you want to pay $50 a month for VRS? With no free videophones?

Dig?

I do support taxes,,But its the wealthy not paying their fair share. Everytime a democrat promises to get the wealthy he backs out his word and he raise taxes on the middle class and the poor.

state of minnesota no longer need to have emission test.. it's just a waste of money for state of minnesota to keep emission test running.. so therefore no more emission test.. its' so nice.. and IT didn't EFFECT the price reducion.. its the same price when u buy TAG for ur lincense plate. and i see no plm with any cars that are causing pollution.. if a police or DOT catch u with a car thats causing pollution ur car is taken away till its fixed at their location.

Anyway...

Sciencist See that A/C cause ozone layers to fall apart, spray can cause ozone to fall apart.

If you want a cleaner AIR.. Suggust to get a newer car that supports E-85 fuel system.. it cause the air to be SO CLEAN! and the waste comming out of the exhaust is a PURE WATER enough for u to drink it. E-85 fuel is a fuel system made from CORN.. it's popular around minnesota, iowa, wisc, area. i'm not sure about the west coast and the east cost since not much corn farmers there.

Again i'm saying that EARTH isn't the ONLY planet thats EXPERIENCE a GLOBAL WARMING.. Mars is also one of them that's experience a global warming.. so there's no 100% proof WHY it's happening.

ravensteve1961 said:
Scuba,,,Are you gonna sue the state for your money back?

??? your point is??? why must you think that we deserve to sue for little things or anything? huh?

:::smh::

DeafSCUBA98 said:
If you want a cleaner AIR.. Suggust to get a newer car that supports E-85 fuel system.. it cause the air to be SO CLEAN! and the waste comming out of the exhaust is a PURE WATER enough for u to drink it. E-85 fuel is a fuel system made from CORN.. it's popular around minnesota, iowa, wisc, area. i'm not sure about the west coast and the east cost since not much corn farmers there.
http://www.cleanairchoice.org/outdoor/e85.asp

Not quite 100% clean, but it's a good step. A 30& reduction in the emissions produced compared to regular gasoline. It's 30% cleaner -- a good step in the right direction. I saw some pictures that E85 was HALF the price of regular gasoline, with no MPG difference to your car. If it was easy to find in my area, I'd find a way to make it my fuel of choice.

Again i'm saying that EARTH isn't the ONLY planet thats EXPERIENCE a GLOBAL WARMING.. Mars is also one of them that's experience a global warming.. so there's no 100% proof WHY it's happening.

Linkage? I don't think I've ever seen any kind of data that supports any other planet having "global warming."

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i found out that earth isn't the only planet that's having global warming.. Mars is having global warming too.. the ice caps in mars is melting too.. :eek:
I guess the Martians need to down-size those gas-guzzling SUVs they use.

Back