Global Warming

Codger said:
For what? Selling you what you want to buy? Nope. It is called personal responsibility. Educate yourself on the products you buy and use.

Personal Responsibility?

Both sides are responsible. They sell products, and they are perfectly responsible especially if their products are found to have dangerous substances which they are selling to the public knowing the truth. To me, that is a crime.

It is also the responsibility for the person to research on these products. But let's be realistic, most people don't have the time to research every single product they buy. Corporations are far, far more responsible because they KNOW what goes into their products and they should be held accountable for releasing such a substance to the public and know what will happen to many. That's basically equal to being a murderer.

Being misled into believing that such a substance may be healthy is a very, very serious crime and should be held accountable for doing so.

There are warning labels on the tubes and boxes as well as the number of the poison control center. You don't have time to read THAT?

Unintellegent people will make unintellegent decisions. Uninformed people will make uninformed decisions. You want to loose all right to make your own decisions? THAT is totalarianism. That what you want? Government to be your mommy and daddy?

Freedom Quote of the Day. "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...." - Benjamin Franklin.

I want all this bullshit to stop. Making people take their cars to emissions. Making people have to pay extra 3 or 4 bucks for evoinmental disposal fee. Democrats still dont get it,,,TAX THE RICH!!! Democrats promise you one thing and forget what they promised ya during the election campaign. Like Bill clinton he promised you he would tax the wealthy. But when he got elected he taxed 5 cents more a gallon on gasolene. And Created new evoinmental laws and fees. Its time to get rid of these evoinmental laws thanks to george bush. Democrats still cant figure out why they lost? ILL TELL YOU WHY THEY LOST !!!! Because everytime george bush puts his bill though congress,,Senate democrats gotta fillabuster it and block it or go to court try to block the bill.Democrats better get the message from the voters..The voters are telling them "" LET GEORGE BUSH DO HIS JOB"" cause if they dont and democrats do the same crap this time around republicans are gonna start naming names and put negitive TV ADs on the next election year. So its only gonna get worse for the democrats if they dont start listening to the voters.

Codger said:
There are warning labels on the tubes and boxes as well as the number of the poison control center. You don't have time to read THAT?

Unintellegent people will make unintellegent decisions. Uninformed people will make uninformed decisions. You want to loose all right to make your own decisions? THAT is totalarianism. That what you want? Government to be your mommy and daddy?

Freedom Quote of the Day. "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...." - Benjamin Franklin.

Yeah but what about kids? When I was a kid,, nobody told me that it was poison and bad for my teeth. Should I sued my mommy and daddy and the companies?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Yeah but what about kids? When I was a kid,, nobody told me that it was poison and bad for my teeth. Should I sued my mommy and daddy and the companies?

You know now so you should act responsibly with your kids if you have kids, educate parents you know if you can. Give the kids a tube of the toothpaste as a present. Limit the amount of flouride you intake from treated water. I work construction and I but bottles of spring water to chill and drink. Cheaper than pop by the case and better for you. Our water here comes from a community well. It is chlorinated but not flouridated. Suing the world because you make a bad choice is all too common today. It drives up the cost of everything and the lawyers are the only ones who get rewards from it.

Magatsu said:
Dennis, I hate SUV so my information can be somewhat biased but I would think that SUV industries ditched some taxes that related to pollution enforcement due to loopholes that they found and 'abused' it?
Magatsu,
If you hate SUV, what do you suggest I can drive when I carry six passengers and lots of gear and supplies?

Maybe this?

http://www.exn.ca/dailyplanet/story.asp?id=2003030455

Attachments

• exn20030304-gg-car1.jpeg
    exn20030304-gg-car1.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 5
Reba said:
Magatsu,
If you hate SUV, what do you suggest I can drive when I carry six passengers and lots of gear and supplies?

Maybe this?

http://www.exn.ca/dailyplanet/story.asp?id=2003030455

We drive a Toyota Sienna minivan as our family car, because it gets much better mileage and seats 7. We have a large family, 3 dogs and a cat. I never got the notion of why anyone has to have an SUV. You want it, it's your choice, you don't need it. Our second car is a "car". Good old fashioned sedan. When we have enuf $ to get a new car, it'll be the Prius hybrid.

Codger said:
You know now so you should act responsibly with your kids if you have kids, educate parents you know if you can. Give the kids a tube of the toothpaste as a present. Limit the amount of flouride you intake from treated water. I work construction and I but bottles of spring water to chill and drink. Cheaper than pop by the case and better for you. Our water here comes from a community well. It is chlorinated but not flouridated. ...
Thanks for the info about fluoride.

For years I have wondered if that caused my hives. I don't know if it is the only reason but I think it could be a major one.

The fluorosis tooth mottling is common in the next town over. Excessive fluoride was naturally occurring in the well water. The wells were also high in sulfur. It was so bad that everything (laundry, hair, boiled food, etc.) smelled like rotten eggs.

Worse, I have seen a hummer passing by. Driving a hummer consumes fuel much more than driving an ordinary car. Im surprised the driver drove on the day when the gas price was like $2.00 a gallon. What an idiot.

PrincessTabu said:
We drive a Toyota Sienna minivan as our family car, because it gets much better mileage and seats 7. We have a large family, 3 dogs and a cat. I never got the notion of why anyone has to have an SUV. You want it, it's your choice, you don't need it. Our second car is a "car". Good old fashioned sedan. When we have enuf $ to get a new car, it'll be the Prius hybrid.
Does the minivan have a V-8? We need a powerful engine for towing and acceleration. It is our personal and work vehicle.

We don't have a second car.

tekkmortal said:
Worse, I have seen a hummer passing by. Driving a hummer consumes fuel much more than driving an ordinary car. Im surprised the driver drove on the day when the gas price was like $2.00 a gallon. What an idiot.
I think that people who can afford Humvees don't worry about the price of gas.

Dennis said:
You already have the choice of making donations to improve the environment. Suffice it to say, people are greedy and selfish and that route doesn't seem to provide enough funds to get to the goals we set for improving our environment.

I'm of the opinion: you use it to hurt the environment, you pay the tax the government sets on it. Some taxes are GREAT ideas -- you use more gas in your car, you pollute the environment more, the more tax you should pay for that. I use my car to drive across state a lot and I still agree with it. If I wanted to save costs, I would get a higher MPG vehicle or even a hybrid gas/electric car.

My point is, no one ever gives enough. If you aren't willing to pay $0.10 or whatever amount tax per gallon of gas you use, you're not willing to make a $10 donation to whatever fund that would be used to counteract the harm car emissions do to the environment.

:werd: you said this beautiful... That's why we (Europeans) support Enivornment taxes...

Back