Giving Strangers a ride?

chillpills_big.jpg

for LuciaDisturbed...

Buckdodgers....STFU!
2154435.png

Please, Please ladies and gentleman, Let's not turn this thread in a flame war.

It'll be greatly appreciated by me. :mrgreen:

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One early AM I was driving home from North California after Deafworldwide Expo. Pulled over in the middle of no where to cool the overheating radiator a homeless man approached me. At first I was startled and raised my guard up. He wrote "grapevine God will bless" on the dirty window. I thought he was a mute vagabond looking for a ride down South. And I took the gamble to take him to Grapevine. Dropped him off and he sort of hugged my hand real good and pointed upwards. Then I went home. After waking up from my nap to take the stuff out of the car, I found a 10 oz gold ingot tucked in the seat the stranger was sitting. At first I thought oh shit, then I thought maybe its a fake. But it looked real and was real heavy for its size. Few days later I decided to take it to a jeweler and asked him if its real. He did an acid test and said it was real.

Then I was like oh shit he was probably an angel or something. It sent me into some of emotional spin and I was like numb for a while. Then I kept it as treasure.

The sad thing my ex wife took it from me when she moved out of my place.

I still remember his looks.

Richard

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One early AM I was driving home from North California after Deafworldwide Expo. Pulled over in the middle of no where to cool the overheating radiator a homeless man approached me. At first I was startled and raised my guard up. He wrote "grapevine God will bless" on the dirty window. I thought he was a mute vagabond looking for a ride down South. And I took the gamble to take him to Grapevine. Dropped him off and he sort of hugged my hand real good and pointed upwards. Then I went home. After waking up from my nap to take the stuff out of the car, I found a 10 oz gold ingot tucked in the seat the stranger was sitting. At first I thought oh shit, then I thought maybe its a fake. But it looked real and was real heavy for its size. Few days later I decided to take it to a jeweler and asked him if its real. He did an acid test and said it was real.

Then I was like oh shit he was probably an angel or something. It sent me into some of emotional spin and I was like numb for a while. Then I kept it as treasure.

The sad thing my ex wife took it from me when she moved out of my place.

I still remember his looks.

Richard

That's an interesting story ! Hey, I know money
is not the most important thing, but I wonder if
you ever find out out from the jeweler or appraisor
about how much $$ it's worth ?

Hi Cheri,

you are right things to do. Please dont make you feel so bad yourself, When you told him that NO, He had no respect you, He cannot understand what is it mean NO.. No mean is NO.

Now you are safe. you did not get anything hurt from him. you are right when you was going to ask for the oftener for your help. I wish the oftener can catch him.

I am unsure if your home down hicker is illegal to pick up the hicker?

Here is illagel t o pick up hickers and strangers too.

If the hickers and strangers to force you or someone, they will go to the jail. We can have right to protect our life.

Does it make me a mean or bad person for refusing to give a stranger a ride anywhere?

This had happened to me this morning, while driving in the parking lot, I noticed a guy was walking around the parking lot, at first I thought he might couldn't find his vechile, so I pay no mind attention until I went into a UPS shipping store to send out the package to GalaxyAngel, after I left the store, the same guy was walking around the parking lot, approach me, I couldn't understand a word he was saying because he was mumbling, it was harder for me to read his lips getting the understanding what he was trying to say, I mention to him that I was deaf, He tried to sign, but I could get what he was trying to say, He mention "car" and then I asked him, "You couldn't find your car?" He shook his head "no", then he trying to sign "you" "drive", then I said, "You want me to drive you somewhere?" He shook his head "yes" and I told him, "I'm sorry, I cannot give a ride to strangers, I don't know who you are". He then tried to beg, beg and beg.

I told him again, "I'm sorry, I cannot" and walked away while unlocking my vechile door, He got in the passengers side and sat there! I'm like WTF!? I said to him "Please get out of my car, I've told you I cannot give rides to strangers". And he kept on begging and begging numerics of times!, He was getting on my last nerve, gave me no choice, I had to find the security that drives around the parking lot, found him, report this guy.

When the security approach to this guy, he started off running, I freaked out and just got in my car and left.

If it makes me a mean person or a bad person, I'm sorry, I don't know this person well enough to put my trust into, He could be a mass murder, a rapist for all I know. I rather not take the risk to find out. It's either my life or having my life being taken away. I choose to save my own life than to find out. :)
Wow, this is horrible story I read.. I don't think you are mean/ bad person.. stranger is one who mean/ disrepect person, why he got into your car in first place without your permission?

anyway you were smart move in right directions where you are safe!!

YOU SHOULDN'T FEELING ANY REGRET ABOUT HAPPENED.. Move on.... ;)

Last edited:
Cheri, you did the right thing.

The "hitchhiker" did the wrong thing.

In the future, if anyone approaches you again, do NOT go to your car! Go back to the store and get security. If the man follows you to the car, he can force his way in. Very dangerous.

Cheri, I agree with everyone here. You did the right thing by refusing to give a stranger a ride. That guy is so damn rude to jump in your car and expects you to drive him where ever he want to go. You did the right thing to get a security person and that made the guy to get out. God knows what could happen to you if you let him stay in your car. He could be a dangerous person. If he wondering around in a car park, he could be looking for an easy target to pick by acting as a 'lost person' and thought you are an easy one. Some do that by pretending to be a 'lost person' or 'need help'. You need to be careful at who is around.
Long time ago, I was driving on my own at night, while I was at a stop light, I heard a banging and saw a guy banging on the passenger side indicating that he need to get in my car. Lucky that I had that door locked and of course I refused and yelled at him to go away. Then I drove off when the light change to green. I aint giving any stranger a lift except for people that I know well.

Does it make me a mean or bad person for refusing to give a stranger a ride anywhere?

This had happened to me this morning, while driving in the parking lot, I noticed a guy was walking around the parking lot, at first I thought he might couldn't find his vechile, so I pay no mind attention until I went into a UPS shipping store to send out the package to GalaxyAngel, after I left the store, the same guy was walking around the parking lot, approach me, I couldn't understand a word he was saying because he was mumbling, it was harder for me to read his lips getting the understanding what he was trying to say, I mention to him that I was deaf, He tried to sign, but I could get what he was trying to say, He mention "car" and then I asked him, "You couldn't find your car?" He shook his head "no", then he trying to sign "you" "drive", then I said, "You want me to drive you somewhere?" He shook his head "yes" and I told him, "I'm sorry, I cannot give a ride to strangers, I don't know who you are". He then tried to beg, beg and beg.

I told him again, "I'm sorry, I cannot" and walked away while unlocking my vechile door, He got in the passengers side and sat there! I'm like WTF!? I said to him "Please get out of my car, I've told you I cannot give rides to strangers". And he kept on begging and begging numerics of times!, He was getting on my last nerve, gave me no choice, I had to find the security that drives around the parking lot, found him, report this guy.

When the security approach to this guy, he started off running, I freaked out and just got in my car and left.

If it makes me a mean person or a bad person, I'm sorry, I don't know this person well enough to put my trust into, He could be a mass murder, a rapist for all I know. I rather not take the risk to find out. It's either my life or having my life being taken away. I choose to save my own life than to find out. :)

Back