Giving Strangers a ride?

I would tell them I don't need help, I would walk a long way if I have to, to get to the local gas station. I'm not going to flag anyone down to help me out. Does that answer your question. :)

Thats Dangerous Cheri,,,I once did that myself..I got out of my car when my car broke down on an interstate highway at night.I Walked up and i saw a state trooper and asked him he could give me a lift to a phone my car broke down.He told me whats your phone number? I told him my number he radio my parents though dispatch and cop told me get in his car so i did and he asked me where my car was and he drove me there to my car.He told me it was very dangerous what i did cause these cars are driving and some drivers may not see you and may run over you.So he took me to my car waited for my parents he put on his warning lights make it look like a traffic stop.And My parents arrive and Next day Dad called a Tow truck my car had an alternator problem.

Cheri, you did right thing to tell him no and walk away. But geez at him got in your car and beggin you oh boy..

Next time lock your car all 4 doors to lock it till you go in open your own one door to get in and lock the guy cant get in just drive away. WOW!!! it shocked me :jaw: wow if he do that again then tell get a taxi! or bus! :)

I suggest you Cheri to ask your dad to take you to the gun shop and buy a Smith and Wesson as an anti-rape prevention measure. The same goes for the ladies. A Smith Wesson usually goes for about $300. $350. which is alots better than the hospital or an early grave.

Its best not to give rides to any stranger at all!! Its a big bad world out there and its like playing russian roulette when you have one bullet in gun and spin the barrel and shoot your head--all it takes one "bullet" for bad things to happen.

A friend got dumped off on side of street by another friend who was drunk out of his mind. He was thrown out becuz he barfed in that person's car. This friend on the street decided not to hitchike back home cuz it was after 2 am so he got somebody to call 911. He got a ride to ER -- he had alcohol poisoning and slept overnite in warm bed and food. :D

Wow I wou;d be totally freaked out if that was me!!!!!! Its a good thing that you didnt give him a ride when he ran offf from the cops that probably ment that he was in trouble for something and wanted you to give him a ride to get away from them. He could have hurt you. Good thinking!

Wow ! Yeah, you did the right thing
or else you could have gotten raped/killed.

Can't ignore this one!!

In 1970s. I was young and used to hichhike all the time lol, it was in Aspen, Coloardo... u know Hippie things going on? Well, that was then, now when I heared abt it having someone killed by the hichhikers...man, I was scared so I stopped picking any strangers up ever again since then!! Except if I know who THAT I would pick them up but not that freaking stranger forget it! One time when I saw a guy was standing with his thumb stick out... he looked so despiared (sp???) to have a ride but I couldn't do that...just then after went by him, boy he was so mad and flip bird at me!!! Wonder why he do that... could be killer or could be rapist or what?? But still I cannot pick him up at all, scared me shit!

Like GA said abt lucky... that is, if anything like that could be next!! Best stay on guard and don't ever let it drop!! EVER!! I am damn glad to hear that u are okay, Cheri, cuz u are here and typing to use in this post!! U are alive that is all that matter!! Man, I am glad what u did was right!! So that guy can be bad guy anyway!! U did right thing to do! Pheww!

:hug: Since u and are not friend lol but like to give u my hugs making u feel better and knowing that is true u did right always never never pick any starnge like u do not know that person, same thing!

STAY ON GUARD, LADIES!! DO NOT LET IT DROP! :ty:

Health... NO WAY Gun will never help at all!!! I hate guns and never trust them!! Cuz of going thru that court and etc.... forget it!! Sorry, guys and gals but that is the way I feel!! I hate guns!

Health... NO WAY Gun will never help at all!!! I hate guns and never trust them!! Cuz of going thru that court and etc.... forget it!! Sorry, guys and gals but that is the way I feel!! I hate guns!

Ok I think I understand why you think that
if you used a gun then you go to the Jail....
BUT, that is NOT true.... Because
if you used a gun with license/permit to
protect yourself from hitchiker and
then if he attacked you and you
used a gun shooting at him... And
then he dropped dead...
Then, you will NOT go to the Jail
because you have the license/permit and
because you followed the Law to
use a gun just to "protect yourself".
You will NOT go to the Jail anyway.
That is NOT a murder only because
you're protecting yourself.

IF you use a gun for no reason,
for fun and/or for any other stupid silly reason,
then you can go to the Jail for "Murder".

Do you understand what I mean ?

Hope that Taylor or others can feel
free to correct me if I am Wrong ?

I think that if people owned a gun to protect themselves, they would be more inclined to shoot the ones who piss them off. I know I would. :)
'Sides, not every state (or country for that matter) has concealed carry.

Thanks for the hugs AngelWolf. :hug: I can understand your point of view about guns, I dislike guns with passion too, I wouldn't touch one, held one, or even buy one. I don't mind if others own a gun, as long they don't take it out in front of me. ;)

For those who recently posted after I lasted posted: Thanks everyone who said I made the right move. :grouphug:

Right, IF you do NOT feel comfortable with guns
then that's okay, you do NOT have to have guns at all.
That's perfectly understandable.

Thanks for the hugs AngelWolf. :hug: I can understand your point of view about guns, I dislike guns with passion too, I wouldn't touch one, held one, or even buy one. I don't mind if others own a gun, as long they don't take it out in front of me. ;)

For those who recently posted after I lasted posted: Thanks everyone who said I made the right move. :grouphug:

Cheri Buy a gun! Cause These Guys dont really protect you.
grp.gif

This what theyre doing 24/7
26966_512.jpg

radargun1.gif

cop.jpg

CE650A80D7D8452DB15DB133D040B0CB.jpg

s15.jpg

Instead of Protecting you from this felon.
Mugshot_YoungRonOneil.jpg

So Buy This
2276.jpg

Sheesh.. stop blaming police.. I understand there are some bad police out there but there are still some good police! My Brother in law is a police officer and another one is training to be one.

Cheri Buy a gun! Cause These Guys dont really protect you.
grp.gif

This what theyre doing 24/7
26966_512.jpg

radargun1.gif

cop.jpg

CE650A80D7D8452DB15DB133D040B0CB.jpg

s15.jpg

Instead of Protecting you from this felon.
Mugshot_YoungRonOneil.jpg

So Buy This
2276.jpg

I own and carry guns. I don't get pissed at somebody. I handle it appropriately.

That is why social skills in a very, very hostile and an angry situation is so very important.

The continuum of force is something you will learn in concealed carry classes.

You can adapt this to civilian use for self defense purposes only.

He talks angry you stay cool , walk away but watch yourself then

just get yourself out of the situation, run if you have to but do not use gun

unless absoutely necessary because you face certain death.

This is a police chart of the continuum of force.

wow i always lock my car every time when i drive... cuz of it safe! u are very lucky

Back