Girl commits suicide after facebook ban

What do you mean that teens have no life? The teens are still young and growing, and life is like never end.

Blame on parents for not doing their job.

There are some teens became criminal after dropped from high school, so shame on their parents for lousy job.

She is only 13 years old... not mature enough to be independence yet. Doesn't mean she has no life, she is still under the parent's nest. I would agree that there is something wrong with discipline in the house.. or the parents missed something on the girl's behavior. If she is 18.. that would be different story but she is only 13... doesn't mean she has no life.

Perhaps this might be a lesson for the parents of early teenager kids and need to spend more quality time with them instead of having them spend more time on the social media. Social media is bad for young teenagers and children... unfortunately there is a lot of exposure to technology these days such as video games, computer games, social media, etc. Old fashioned is already a thing of the past and technology is quickly changing things around the world.

She is only 13 years old... not mature enough to be independence yet. Doesn't mean she has no life, she is still under the parent's nest. I would agree that there is something wrong with discipline in the house.. or the parents missed something on the girl's behavior. If she is 18.. that would be different story but she is only 13... doesn't mean she has no life.

Perhaps this might be a lesson for the parents of early teenager kids and need to spend more quality time with them instead of having them spend more time on the social media. Social media is bad for young teenagers and children... unfortunately there is a lot of exposure to technology these days such as video games, computer games, social media, etc. Old fashioned is already a thing of the past and technology is quickly changing things around the world.

I couldn't believe that 13 years old make decision to commit suicide and they are too younger to make those decision. That why I said this teen didn't have a mind to make a justification to commit suicide and you are correct about her parent has a lot of problem.

I blame on whole family and it is very new to me about internet addiction could leading to suicide. If her parent know that she has mental illness or depression so she should admit to hospital and get treated early.

There are a lot of immature teenagers on WoW and they spammed in chatbox, so I know that none of them have a life. The game is fun but it is not cool to spam the chatbox or prank on other players.

Sadly, we hear more teenagers her age commit suicide by bullying, desperation, abuse from family members. It's just a sad thing that someone could not help the suicidal teenager til it's too late.

It's not always the parents fault but this one could be avoidable if the parents do it in a different approach and to be there and help their kids. Teenagers tend to be very sneaky behind their parents back to do something that is not supposed to do.... certainly I've sneaked behind my parents back to watch tv more upstairs or stayed up late to play with my toys or something.

Online addiction is one thing that parents needs to look into monitoring and limiting the online activities. There is sports in school they can participate such as baskeball, baseball. There is so much that we don't now about in the article... not enough informations and several questions we have in mind.

I couldn't believe that 13 years old make decision to commit suicide and they are too younger to make those decision. That why I said this teen didn't have a mind to make a justification to commit suicide and you are correct about her parent has a lot of problem.

I blame on whole family and it is very new to me about internet addiction could leading to suicide. If her parent know that she has mental illness or depression so she should admit to hospital and get treated early.

There are a lot of immature teenagers on WoW and they spammed in chatbox, so I know that none of them have a life. The game is fun but it is not cool to spam the chatbox or prank on other players.

People who commit suicide are not thinking rationally. Something is malfunctioning in their brains to let them go to that extreme. At 13 your brain is still growing. It's difficult to comprehend....if I do this than this will be the outcome. Bad parenting happens when parents award bad behavior. Parents need to set consequences from the very beginning of life. Saying "NO" is OK.

Sadly, we hear more teenagers her age commit suicide by bullying, desperation, abuse from family members. It's just a sad thing that someone could not help the suicidal teenager til it's too late.

It's not always the parents fault but this one could be avoidable if the parents do it in a different approach and to be there and help their kids. Teenagers tend to be very sneaky behind their parents back to do something that is not supposed to do.... certainly I've sneaked behind my parents back to watch tv more upstairs or stayed up late to play with my toys or something.

Online addiction is one thing that parents needs to look into monitoring and limiting the online activities. There is sports in school they can participate such as baskeball, baseball. There is so much that we don't now about in the article... not enough informations and several questions we have in mind.

Yes, I grew up in residential deaf school that where internet is severely restricted and no one could play video game during school week. We weren't allowed to carry TV to bedroom and we were required to wear school uniform, even all middle school and high school boys were required to shave their face - no beard or mustache allowed. No earrings allowed for boys. It was extremely sheltered and go to town is severely limited.

I know about what you means about teenagers and I have seen a lot of teens at mainstream school went to party all night and it was really crazy. I spent a lot of my time online when I was senior and was addicted to internet, but I managed to finish the school and it was no fun.

I was mainstreamed, in my high school, I was allowed to wear shorts down to about the knee length. I was allowed to have gums in class, I don't know about now but I'm pretty sure schools are very strict by now because of all the violence and behaviors these days.

Yes, problem with teenagers is drugs, smoking as well as drinking. They sneak behind their parents to do those illegal things. It's the peer pressure from the bad groups of teenagers. I did not have internet at home when I graduated high school, a couple of years later, I got my first computer and internet thru AOL. It was daggone slow dial up. Now with high speed broadband... it makes things faster and more addicting now.

Yes, I grew up in residential deaf school that where internet is severely restricted and no one could play video game during school week. We weren't allowed to carry TV to bedroom and we were required to wear school uniform, even all middle school and high school boys were required to shave their face - no beard or mustache allowed. No earrings allowed for boys. It was extremely sheltered and go to town is severely limited.

I know about what you means about teenagers and I have seen a lot of teens at mainstream school went to party all night and it was really crazy. I spent a lot of my time online when I was senior and was addicted to internet, but I managed to finish the school and it was no fun.

I was very sneaky right out in the open . I pout a blond streak in front of my hair and when my dad was home I wore my hair so he could not see it. Dad did asked about it and I said it " was from going to the beach so much"
You have to be a lot younger than me b/c girls could not wear dresses about their knees in JR high or high school. I got send to the principal office and had to get on my knees to see if my dress touch the floor. I can't remember
what my punishment was.

Trust me, I was there when I was 13. 13 yrs old is like a new whole thing in your life. I can't describe it. I wish anyone would not say that parents are lousy, but they did not realize how far they have done to any teen kids. I learn so MUCH from my daughter who will be 13 this month. Like she just came out of the shell, and make lots of her own decisions and still that she thinks I am WRONG. WOW I remember that I was there in my daughters shoes before. So I find a way to make her to listen to me when I remember I was 13 and took an advantage of using my old past to try to talk to her. :shock:

Back to that article, apparently that the mom did warn her about the facebook before, and some reason she must have fed up and closed the account fast without discussing with her. BUT we all dont know the whole story in there.. Lots of missing story in that articile.

It is pretty lame, but I guess that is natural selection. I wonder if it was something so simple? Horrible parents are always blaming something else. She might have done other horrible things. The police only have her word.

yeah when I was 13 I never had access to internet till I was 18 but yeah i was online all day back in 1997 when deaf chatroom was around when AOL was popular but now it's in AIM.. but I don't go chat room anymore cuz too boring by now lol but I still use aim and facebook I think facebook is very addicting cuz of games..which I noticed myself lol but I do try to cut down when I go out :) but commit suicide last thing I wud never do.. ugh i think parents should encourage kids to take a break from facebook and read book or something.. cuz can hurt eyes if use computer all day long :)

Back