Girl,14 died from heart attack after drank two cans of energy drinks her parents sued

sara1981

Reaction score
Girl, 14, 'died from heart attack after just two cans of Monster Energy drink' as FDA launches probe into five deaths from popular beverage
Monster drink company sued by 14-year-old Anais Fournier's family after she died following energy drink - | Mail Online

Hagerstown teen's death prompts lawsuit against Monster Energy
Hagerstown teen's death prompts lawsuit against Monster Energy | WJLA.com

Monster Energy Drink maker sued for 14-year-old's death
Monster Energy Drink maker sued for 14-year-old's death - CBS News

Teenager's parents to sue popular energy drink due death of 14 years old if you are parents of teenager not allowed have energy drinks underages for reasons till over 18 its laws..If i had teenager children i wouldnt allowed have energy drinks till over 18 years i never drink energy its laws..

Wirelessly posted

A 14 year old shouldn't be drinking energy drinks. The parents are at fault here. IMO

Last edited:
Kids can't handle strong substances, any kind of "high" is actually some form of damage, long term is sustained. Reminds me of the time ephedra was scrutinized.

Four Loko is a lot worse. I'm glad I don't drink those stuff, but I do drink RedBull once in a while, and I know it is not good for your health.

I saw a program with her parents. She had a unknown heart deffect also. My 20 year old college daughter does drink Red Bull and I am trying to get her to stop. Unbelievable how much caffeine is in one of those Monster drinks. I don't sleep now if I drank one of those I would be awake for a month.

I only drink a redbull If I'm working at the bar once in awhile ...other than that I don't drink them and I never drink a monster those things are huge I get the small or medium sz redbull. I also would never have had a reason to touch an energy drink at that age let alone 2 in a few hours..thats ridiculous. Also energy drinks all have warning labels, not for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, not for children or people who cannot tolerate caffeine or something along those lines. I don't think it's the manugacture per se but people should know what they can and cannot have.

Apparently the FDA is investigating however because now there are 5 recent deaths after consuming the monster product that has the caffeine equivalent of 14 12oz cans of coca cola which is appalling.

Only 2? It's illogical. She must have drink more often everyday enough to kill. Her parents are failure.

Only 2? It's illogical. She must have drink more often everyday enough to kill. Her parents are failure.

It's enough for your heart to be overwhelmed and to go into cardiac arrest ...just ONE of those drinks has the same amt of caffeine than 14 12oz of coca cola and she had two of them. If she already had a heart condition her parents didn't know about then it's not the parents fault technically either if she never had symptoms. I just don't get why a 14 year old would NEED 2 of these drinks. There should be an age limit on these to be able to buy them for sure.

I was watchin world news about her death and her mother said her daughter only had ONE!! So, Im a lil confused.

What I didnt know is that the daughter died two days befo' christmas..that's sad.

I havent tried any super-caffeine drinks.. Hell, I quit drinkin (caffeine)sodas and my body feels whole lot better. No reason to cheat yo body!

Girl, 14, 'died from heart attack after just two cans of Monster Energy drink' as FDA launches probe into five deaths from popular beverage
Monster drink company sued by 14-year-old Anais Fournier's family after she died following energy drink - | Mail Online

Hagerstown teen's death prompts lawsuit against Monster Energy
Hagerstown teen's death prompts lawsuit against Monster Energy | WJLA.com

Monster Energy Drink maker sued for 14-year-old's death
Monster Energy Drink maker sued for 14-year-old's death - CBS News

Teenager's parents to sue popular energy drink due death of 14 years old if you are parents of teenager not allowed have energy drinks underages for reasons till over 18 its laws..If i had teenager children i wouldnt allowed have energy drinks till over 18 years i never drink energy its laws..

There is no law that restrict the energy drink to 18 years old or over, unlike tobacco and alocholic beverages.

The parents don't know about what their children are doing outside of home like school and hangout.

there couple of people in uk who got addicted to coca cola drinking many litre a day,it got so bad that they had to go to drug rehabilitation..
all them drinks give me head ache

Wirelessly posted

A 14 year old shouldn't be drinking energy drinks. The parents are at fault here. IMO

The parents can't be responsible for something they don't know is going on. Some of the parents in cases like this (in fact many) had no clue their child drank anything like this. I'm sure they wouldn't have allowed it. If she overdosed on beer - would her parents be responsible too? How could they if they didn't know who she was getting it from, and drinking behind their back?

The only people at fault are the makers of the energy drinks. It should be sold like liquor where you show proof of age and have an understanding of the danger. It should not be sold in health stores - they're anything but healthy. You want a healthy energy drink? Try water....

Laura

Well - my son has been allowed to drink them, but even he's smart enough to drink water in between and he refuses to have more than one energy drink a day. Heck, I don't even buy them. I think it's all in how you raise your children. We have had frank and open conversations with both my kids about all kinds of things and they have level heads on their shoulders and have really been told that their opinions and beliefs are older than they actually are.

i have agree and some disagree with posts

but energy drinks must be over 18 or 21 to drink this energy not underages drinks during school years if i have teenagers children i wouldnt allowed have energy drinks till over 18-21 its my rules..

some parents never know their teenagers drank till died they can sued for that! IF my teenager child got collaspe they i can sue energy drinks brands..

im sure parents need kept eyes of teenager says NO to drink energy its so important!

i have agree and some disagree with posts

but energy drinks must be over 18 or 21 to drink this energy not underages drinks during school years if i have teenagers children i wouldnt allowed have energy drinks till over 18-21 its my rules..

some parents never know their teenagers drank till died they can sued for that! IF my teenager child got collaspe they i can sue energy drinks brands..

im sure parents need kept eyes of teenager says NO to drink energy its so important!

Again, there is no age limit law for energy drink.

When your child turns 18 so it is adult, not 21.

If energy drink companies include warning label so you can't sue them.

If energy drink companies include warning label so you can't sue them.

Most don't and some get pulled only after tragedy occurs. Bottom line is they should come with warnings and not be sold or ever accessible to minors. Unfortunately, if a child is determined to do something, they will, so the best move would be to force companies to be more responsible and make a safe product.

Laura

Back