Girl,14 died from heart attack after drank two cans of energy drinks her parents sued

Most don't and some get pulled only after tragedy occurs. Bottom line is they should come with warnings and not be sold or ever accessible to minors. Unfortunately, if a child is determined to do something, they will, so the best move would be to force companies to be more responsible and make a safe product.

Laura

There is no law that require energy drink companies to include the warning label and they care about money, also there is no law to restrict the minors from buy energy drink.

The tobacco products and alcoholic beverages include government warning, required by FDA, so it is on law book but energy drink isn't in law book yet.

There is no law that require energy drink companies to include the warning label and they care about money, also there is no law to restrict the minors from buy energy drink.

The tobacco products and alcoholic beverages include government warning, required by FDA, so it is on law book but energy drink isn't in law book yet.

It is when customers drop dead. One energy drink caused a young boy's death and the FDA decided warnings weren't enough. It was pulled off the market due to a number of deaths linked to that drink.

Laura

It is when customers drop dead. One energy drink caused a young boy's death and the FDA decided warnings weren't enough. It was pulled off the market due to a number of deaths linked to that drink.

Laura

Where is source to support your claim?

There is no LAW that require energy drink to include warning label, so they only have to mention about amount of caffeine, that it.

Where is source to support your claim?

There is no LAW that require energy drink to include warning label, so they only have to mention about amount of caffeine, that it.

Here was one...though not an energy drink.

Ind. retailers call for ban of alcohol energy drinks

Labels not far behind:

Warning Labels for Caffeinated Energy Drinks - NYTimes.com

Monster Energy Drinks: New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys Console & Hollawell Look Into Alleged Deaths

This article claims they do have warnings:

Dr. Mike On The Ingredients In Energy Drinks And Their Impact On - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Laura

This thread is about pure energy drink, not with alcohol so many beverage companies already removed the combined of alcohol with energy drink after deaths among college students in Washington state.

I checked the Monster energy and they do have warning label - known as consume responsibly, so that's not government warning like tobacco and alcoholic beverages included for decades. It doesn't say - "it can cause heart attack".

This thread is about pure energy drink, not with alcohol so many beverage companies already removed the combined of alcohol with energy drink after deaths among college students in Washington state.

I checked the Monster energy and they do have warning label - known as consume responsibly, so that's not government warning like tobacco and alcoholic beverages included for decades. It doesn't say - "it can cause heart attack".

Consume responsibly is what is said on beer ads...it means don't drive drunk and it is a warning without the 'warning.' Otherwise, they'd say "have one for the road..." While I agree nothing with alcohol sounds like an energy drink to me, Loco was still marketed as an "energy drink." Hard to see how since alcohol suppresses and caffeine is a pick up...they don't go together. However now it doesn't matter because it's off the market. I'm sure the warning labels to your liking will be out in another death or two. There always has to be major deaths among children for the government to slap on a warning...not that it will change anything.....

Laura

Consume responsibly is what is said on beer ads...it means don't drive drunk and it is a warning without the 'warning.' Otherwise, they'd say "have one for the road..." While I agree nothing with alcohol sounds like an energy drink to me, Loco was still marketed as an "energy drink." Hard to see how since alcohol suppresses and caffeine is a pick up...they don't go together. However now it doesn't matter because it's off the market. I'm sure the warning labels to your liking will be out in another death or two. There always has to be major deaths among children for the government to slap on a warning...not that it will change anything.....

Laura

There is government warning on alcoholic beverage.
US+Warning.JPG

“GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems”
http://www.icap.org/table/HealthWarningLabels

Loco? I only know is "Four Loko".

Like I said - no government warning on energy drink, so consume responsibly is company issued warning.

Back