German Historians Compile List of Nazi Euthanasia Victims

I believe you misunderstood Liebling. What she meant is that through his horribly bad actions he ended up being one of the most "successful" dictators in history, taking over so many countries until his demise, until his death and before all the victims were liberated from the camps they were imprisoned in. What she was talking about is his (although evil) leadership skills. Liebling isn't saying that Hitler was a nice person or anything, she is just saying that he had such leadership skills that he was able to take over so many countries so fast, and kill so many people. There's a movie, "Triumph of the Will"...in that movie, Hitler gave a speech, and the speech ended up sounding so powerful that he was able to brainwash so many Nazis into killing all those Jewish people and other "undesirables" and non-Aryan people, anything that he didn't determine perfect, he had the Nazis kill them. I think that is what Liebling is trying to say. He was such a terrible and horrible man who used his good leadership skills for EVIL. That's what I learned in college.

just a very minor correction - Hitler did not brainwash Nazis into killing all those Jews. However - he did brainwash German citizens into thinking that Jews, gypsies, and any other non-Aryan people were Germany's cancer - angry enough for them to cooperate with the SS and Getapso to arrest the Jewish people or Germans aiding & abetting the Jews. Majority of German citizens and even his own army did not even know for sure about concentration camps. At best - they thought it was just a rumor or thought it's just a small concentration camp where it was known that nobody leaves the camp alive but they did not know MILLIONS people were being killed nor did they know the locations of large concentration camps.

Hitler entrusted his close circle and the SS to handle the operations of concentration camps. Hitler was also extremely effective in controlling the information to public.

I happen to know a few historians that said they find it hard to watch or listen to Hitler's speeches. Why? At first, he was quiet and subtle, then at the end his speeches, he had such powerful charisma that almost anyone would stand up saying "Hiel" without realising it.

The historians I knew said that they knew what he was saying was ethically wrong, but at the same time, they can't help but admire his public speaking.

So... I am not surprised he got an entire nation behind him.

I happen to know a few historians that said they find it hard to watch or listen to Hitler's speeches. Why? At first, he was quiet and subtle, then at the end his speeches, he had such powerful charisma that almost anyone would stand up saying "Hiel" without realising it.

The historians I knew said that they knew what he was saying was ethically wrong, but at the same time, they can't help but admire his public speaking.

So... I am not surprised he got an entire nation behind him.

And, without a teleprompter, too.

just a very minor correction - Hitler did not brainwash Nazis into killing all those Jews. However - he did brainwash German citizens into thinking that Jews, gypsies, and any other non-Aryan people were Germany's cancer - angry enough for them to cooperate with the SS and Getapso to arrest the Jewish people or Germans aiding & abetting the Jews. Majority of German citizens and even his own army did not even know for sure about concentration camps. At best - they thought it was just a rumor or thought it's just a small concentration camp where it was known that nobody leaves the camp alive but they did not know MILLIONS people were being killed nor did they know the locations of large concentration camps.

Hitler entrusted his close circle and the SS to handle the operations of concentration camps. Hitler was also extremely effective in controlling the information to public.

I believe that he brainwashed both the Nazis and the German citizens into thinking this way.

I believe that he brainwashed both the Nazis and the German citizens into thinking this way.

yes he did but majority did not know about mass persecution and the actual reason for concentration camps. They all thought Hitler was just kicking them out of country or corralling them into Jewish Ghetto (or prison camps).

Not every soldier in the German army at that time was a Nazi. It is noted that von Stauffenberg served in the military out of sense of duty for the country of Germany, but he was very much against the holocaust and the final solution. In the plan "Valkyrie" we find out that much of the German military and public knew of the killings and did not agree with it, but could not openly disagree with the Fuhrer or they would likely end up dead as well as their families. von Stauffenberg had quite a network trying to work with him to overtake Hitler. They believed his plan was the one to work. Every German found to be have been working with von Stauffenberg on operation Valkyrie were executed on Hitler's orders.

Either way, Hitler was evil and so were his henchmen.

The Germans were not in denial about Holocaust but instead many felt that someone else would put a stop to it, only it seems as though many Germans assumed another would intervene, they waited too long. Millions of Jews, disabled, and other so-called undesirables under Hitler's regime were killed. In the later stages of the war, Germany's infrastructure was ruined. People were left homeless, children were orphaned, and many many businesses were closed as many business owners closed shop as the war progressed. Hitler did NOT create jobs, he filled those positions with slave labor, the country was in financial ruin by the time the Allied forces closed in on Berlin. At that point in time, German soldiers were deserting because they knew either way they were going to be killed.

Hitler did nothing but lead Germany into a bloodbath.

While he led his country into disaster another event happened. The Russians were stopped at the line that became the Berlin Wall. The modern history of Europe is often about the containment of Russia. It is my belief that there were financiers bankrolling Hitler solely because of his determination to take on that huge agressive country. It is my present understanding that there is always more than meets the eye when it comes to world changing events.
I can just hear the cigar smoking fat cats talking about that German buffoon and how he was going to burn himself up against Russia. Meanwhile Hitler was getting ready to tear them up too. All in all a horrible time was had by all.

Back