Generosity.

My family and I do a lot of humanitarian relief work, orphanages, community development, education and medical care etc.

Well, I'd buy several gifts for underprivileged kids and put it under the Christmas tree at the store.

haha..."quites"...I'm totally tired here, too :P hope you'll take some pictures soon, K.
I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to make large financial donations. Furthermore, I'm not a big supporter of just giving money anyway. That's too easy to me. Anyone can give somebody money; that doesn't mean they are a generous person. Generosity of spirit is what's important to me, and I show my generosity in many ways other than just money.
yep, hence my post #10 above. it's not all about money. a generous thing you did for others are just unforgottenable. but with money, I forgot the exact digits. :lol:

that'd be cool, miss delectable!

That's a great news. If you are very rich, then donate to every deaf community. It would be nice if you are willing. :)

I can't say I've started some kind of program but I know I've helped lots of people just cause I've felt like helping. Be it helping an old lady cross the street ( something I childishly thought only happened in movies until I DID help an old lady ) to helping my 8 year old neighbor carry some shopping bags to her house cause I saw her struggling with them on her way home from her grandparent's.

I donate to animal rescue. I rescue deaf dogs when I have an opening in my home.

At Christmastime I donate blankets, towels, and toys to a local shelter for abused women and children.

When I was younger I volunteered at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for the poor.

If I see a need around me I try to find a tactful or anonymous way to fix it.

I make a contribution any time a friend or relative dies to my son's deaf school. I make the contribution in the name of the deceased.

Non-monetary, I do volunteer work through the local crisis center, for DV awareness, local food pantries and soup kitchens, and mental health screenings and awareness activities.

I can't say I've started some kind of program but I know I've helped lots of people just cause I've felt like helping. Be it helping an old lady cross the street ( something I childishly thought only happened in movies until I DID help an old lady ) to helping my 8 year old neighbor carry some shopping bags to her house cause I saw her struggling with them on her way home from her grandparent's.

That was nice.

We go thru our closets every few months, discarding any clothes we don't want, but are still very nice to wear, and I take them to a Church, which gives out free clothing every Wednesday for those in need.
I've also been Downtown and fed the Homeless one Xmas Eve...and hope to do it again.....and any can goods that we don't use, I donate to the Food Pantry at our local Church.
I've taken in a few "run-aways" also, kids off the Street, it's not for everyone, as this can be dangerous. But most kids are just scared or have been abused. Some called their parents (out of state) to come get them, and others, we called DCF to find a safe place for them.

My generousity was to watch friends' children while they went through some crisis or family emergies. Getting a little bit of that weight of of them means a lot to them. I just offered my friend whose son recently died to watch her daughter if she needed time alone to grieve.

I'm not gonna brag, 'cause it's just way more fun to do things in stealth mode and be sneaky about it, especially if you can arrange for someone else to get the blame for it. Especially if they have NO idea they are gonna get the blame for it. :P

But it's really cool people posting 'cause it might give other people some idea's. Especaily if those idea's didn't cost money, cause money seems to be an issue for lots of folks right now. Maybe then more people would realize they could do things and the world would be a better more amusing place. I dunno, but I'd be more amused !

Erm.. would lthat be a new thread?

Back