Generosity.

posts from hell

Reaction score
Show us acts of generosity have you guys done..

I went to my school I graduated at back in 1999. Saw a thing I started there back then.

It's one of the biggest donors to the school now. The program has a spot on the board of contributors list thing in the administrators office.

It made me feel good seeing it yesterday up on the wall after not getting updates or anything about it in 10 years. Seeing the 6 digits amount it has raised and donated to the school directly on top of many other donations it has contributed to the community gave me goosebumps thinking I was only 16 when I started the program and it's still going strong.

Wow.
How about you guys?

Last edited:
Wow, that's great! Something definitely to be proud of! Well done!

drove a friend home 3 states away and now I'm back. a pleasant 5 hrs round-trip.

Wirelessly posted

Is this a guise to give yourself a pat on a back publicly? It seems like if you're truly generous and unselfish, one wouldn't need to mention his accomplishments.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Is this a guise to give yourself a pat on a back publicly? It seems like if you're truly generous and unselfish, one wouldn't need to mention his accomplishments.

Half and half. I've not listed what else I've done and am doing. Some of the projects are in the works currently... These projects will probably be in your house not long from now. ;)

Now, what did you guys do to help others out?

Souggy - if you really followed dvtv you would have remembered my dare for everyone to donate SOMETHING no matter what to their community....

Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:
Wirelessly posted

Half and half. I've not listed what else I've done and am doing. Some of the projects are in the works currently... These projects will probably be in your house not long from now. ;)

Now, what did you guys do to help others out?

Souggy - if you really followed dvtv you would have remembered my dare for everyone to donate SOMETHING no matter what to their community....

Actually, are you referring to the vlog posted YouTube we talked about a few months ago? I remember that one.

Regarding what I've done, I would rather let those actions remain anonymous.

I have hand made quilts for different charities both U.S. and International. All have been crib or twin size. I have also hand made and hand stitched clothes for an "ultra-preemie". I had a doll pattern that was the right size, so I made graduating sizes of some 50 outfits for these twin girls until they could fit into store bought clothing.

I have hand made quilts for different charities both U.S. and International. All have been crib or twin size. I have also hand made and hand stitched clothes for an "ultra-preemie". I had a doll pattern that was the right size, so I made graduating sizes of some 50 outfits for these twin girls until they could fit into store bought clothing.
I would love to see some if you have the pictures! outfits & quilts. :)

I would love to see some if you have the pictures! outfits & quilts. :)

Sadly, I did not take any pictures at the time. As for the quites, they were quick and easy tied 9-patch quilts. They are just real easy to do and don't take thinking. I got old blankets for the batting and bought them at Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift stores. Also used old sheets for the back. They tend to be softer.Tied them with my mother's yarn stash. She has massive quantities of small balls left from projects. Some of the clothes are just like some of the doll clothes I made for daughter's baby doll. I will try to get those unpacked and take some pictures of those. I made a lot of matching outfits for the twins and daughter's doll. Just did assembly-line sewing.

Sadly, I did not take any pictures at the time. As for the quites, they were quick and easy tied 9-patch quilts. They are just real easy to do and don't take thinking. I got old blankets for the batting and bought them at Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift stores. Also used old sheets for the back. They tend to be softer.Tied them with my mother's yarn stash. She has massive quantities of small balls left from projects. Some of the clothes are just like some of the doll clothes I made for daughter's baby doll. I will try to get those unpacked and take some pictures of those. I made a lot of matching outfits for the twins and daughter's doll. Just did assembly-line sewing.
What a wonderful way to use your skills and resources! :)

drove a friend home 3 states away and now I'm back. a pleasant 5 hrs round-trip.

Thats cool. I was thinking of this while working today.. and realized...

If I drove 3 states in any direction, id cover the entire midwest.

If I went north, I'd be in Alberta. East I'd be in either Wisc, Ill, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi... West .. Califrnia, Oregon, or washington.

Insane, eh

Yeah, but now we know who Jiro was with, what they ate, where they went and why it was such a joy to drive that time together..... (raises brows, qq)

Yeah, but now we know who Jiro was with, what they ate, where they went and why it was such a joy to drive that time together..... (raises brows, qq)

:) I figured as much when he mentioned it. :)

And he was driving a TRUCK no less. We all know what happened.

I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to make large financial donations. Furthermore, I'm not a big supporter of just giving money anyway. That's too easy to me. Anyone can give somebody money; that doesn't mean they are a generous person. Generosity of spirit is what's important to me, and I show my generosity in many ways other than just money.

I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to make large financial donations. Furthermore, I'm not a big supporter of just giving money anyway. That's too easy to me. Anyone can give somebody money; that doesn't mean they are a generous person. Generosity of spirit is what's important to me, and I show my generosity in many ways other than just money.

:) Anything goes here.

Back