Genealogy/family tree

My mom's side of the family came from Sweden. My great grandmother came to America. And my grandfather's family came from Germany I think.

My Dad's side of the family is part germany, indian, maybe french(?), and a few others that I forget.

But what's really interesting is that My grandmother called my mom one day and told her that when she was looking at our family tree, there was an older gentleman who was an actor and he was deaf! So maybe somehow I may have gotten my gene from that gentleman. I don't know what his name was but I'm just really curious if I have became deaf because of him.

My mom's side of the family came from Sweden. My great grandmother came to America. And my grandfather's family came from Germany I think.

My Dad's side of the family is part germany, indian, maybe french(?), and a few others that I forget.

But what's really interesting is that My grandmother called my mom one day and told her that when she was looking at our family tree, there was an older gentleman who was an actor and he was deaf! So maybe somehow I may have gotten my gene from that gentleman. I don't know what his name was but I'm just really curious if I have became deaf because of him.

Why don't you ask your grandmother for a copy of her research?

My dad hated his father and dad much had hated his dad's brother as he never talked about him! There where 8 kids in my mom family and some dies in their 20's and 30's. I would love to know more about my dad's uncle , I have cousins
I never meet. That is good your mom know more about her family. I was surprised to find out I had an other uncle, my mom did not know about him!

Hmmm. My dad and my uncle haven't spoken to one another, or sending any letters to one another since 1975. I don't think they ever wrote letters one another before 1975 but my aunt did. They only act truce when it comes to family reunion, special family gatherings, visiting my grandma, other relatives and nothing more. But it's pretty strange is that my dad remains close to my uncle's wife ---his sister-in-law. My aunt and my uncle have been seperated since 1975 and have been living in seperate places. I have no idea what my uncle has been up to except that knowing he still lives in Texas and is currently blind. I wonder when he dies, will my dad be attending to his funreal service?

I've had a recent conversation with my mother. She came home from the library. She is tired, but found some records on her mother's side. She may have to shop for "old" Lithuanian dictionary soon- Learned something new else about the language of Lithuania- that it has no "H".

Anyway, she was told that LDS Church is making some changes to the Family Search Library. Professional / amateur genealogists should know the updates,too.

LDS members and non-members will have to register their accounts with the Family Search website, so they can order a microfilm from Salt Lake. You have to go to the nearest Family Search Center where you live, and they will give you your new order. They've changed rental fees. Next week, the fees will be $5.50/90 days. The old fees- $6.00/6 weeks.

It's hard to understand siblings who don't stay in touch. At least on major holidays. I hope that my kids stay in touch after I'm gone. That's a comforting thought to me--that they'll have each other when I'm gone.

My half-sister opt to not keep in touch with my brother and me since her divorce. I mean, she just stopped calling us for no reason. We think that it is the cause of her divorce. Her daughter is the only one who keeps in touch with us. We asked her to have her mother call us. Her daughter said she will try, but she just doubts it. My half-sister is mad at the whole world.

It's hard to understand siblings who don't stay in touch. At least on major holidays. I hope that my kids stay in touch after I'm gone. That's a comforting thought to me--that they'll have each other when I'm gone.

Well, it depends on one's personal situation. You'll never know some sibling used to sexually abuse or mistreated the other sibling for many years to suffer...they have no reason to get along and stay in touch each other.

Anyway, she was told that LDS Church is making some changes to the Family Search Library. Professional / amateur genealogists should know the updates,too.

LDS members and non-members will have to register their accounts with the Family Search website, so they can order a microfilm from Salt Lake. You have to go to the nearest Family Search Center where you live, and they will give you your new order. They've changed rental fees. Next week, the fees will be $5.50/90 days. The old fees- $6.00/6 weeks.

Thanks for the head-up. I haven't been to a Family History Center in a long long time.

Hmmm. My dad and my uncle haven't spoken to one another, or sending any letters to one another since 1975. I don't think they ever wrote letters one another before 1975 but my aunt did. They only act truce when it comes to family reunion, special family gatherings, visiting my grandma, other relatives and nothing more. But it's pretty strange is that my dad remains close to my uncle's wife ---his sister-in-law. My aunt and my uncle have been seperated since 1975 and have been living in seperate places. I have no idea what my uncle has been up to except that knowing he still lives in Texas and is currently blind. I wonder when he dies, will my dad be attending to his funreal service?

My dad and his younger brother had a fall out as my uncle wanted some family documents to take a trip and my dad had the only copies and would not let his brother have it! They never spoke again! I think my ex brother took the record when we where selling my mother's house! I would love to see the documents as it might help me with my research for dad side of our family tree. But I am not talking to my ex brother!

Hmm, I'll want to look that one up. I have reason to think that some branches of my family were Jewish. I know that one brance was Jewish before the Church made them convert in the 14th century.

Did they have to change their last name too? That would make it harder to find your family.

Do you have your aunt's papers on her research? There are many jewish genealogy sites online.

You might want to read Arthur Kurzweil's "From Generation to Generation: How to Trace Your Jewish Genealogy and Family History". What I remember from reading that book years ago that some jewish society do print their own genealogy books and that men sometimes take their wife's surname when they got married. I don't recall the author going to LDS for some records.

Another thing you can do is summit your DNA or your brother's (for the paternal side as men have the 'Y' chromosome) for DNA test. Maybe you might find a DNA match online for either maternal side or paternal side. Good luck.

My dad family had no birth certificates and this made it real hard to find out anything. I know dad was born around 1892 in Russia.

JewishGen Databases here is a link to try.

I understand how that is, my aunt is like that. My aunt wish my 4 cousins dead. Well, it is not her fault. Because I believe it caused her to have mental illness and now she is agorphobia - my mother told me the horrible story about what happened to my aunt back in 1971 she had three children and she was about 8 or 9 months pregnant with 4th child waiting in hostipal room for check-up. My uncle was at work (she thought he was). She rests on bed and there was another pregnant woman lying on the next bed to my aunt. They introduced one another and they had a nice chitchat. I think the woman was about 7 months pregnant at the time, went to the hospital for usual check-up on baby. She told my aunt that her boyfriend is on the way to meet her at the hospital. The boyfriend of hers had arrived in the hospital to see her - my aunt saw him and was in very baffled state when the woman said hey and was happy to see her boyfriend. The man standing next to the pregnant woman was my UNCLE.
My aunt started to realize and found out....yeah my uncle had affair and had this girlfriend mistress pregnant. My uncle smirked at her and laughing at my aunt. My aunt went to this horrible screaming she stood up on hospital bed and screaming the whole hospital could have heard her. It caused her to have a shock labor. It was very sad for her to through like that. After giving the birth to baby boy (my cousin Jimmy whose has been disappeared since 2004), she filed for divorce. She remarried in late 1970s to my 2nd uncle Chuck and had 2 more boys in 1980 and 1982. My aunt loves my 2 cousins so much but she doesn't want to have anything to do with my 4 cousins from her previous marriage. No, I never met my 1st uncle. I only saw photos and home videos (including my aunt and his wedding in 1965) What he did...boy I have nothing to respect him. OH no, that's right I remember I was told that he was half Native Indian Cherokee! :( My 3 of 4 cousins have 1/4 Cherokee Indian looks. Light tan skins.

I still never forget at my cousin Laura's (my aunt's 3rd child) wake service in 2004, my aunt and my cousin Diane (my aunt's 1st child) had big fight in the next room. What my aunt said to my cousin was hurting my cousin's feeling big time. My aunt told her that she was glad Laura finally died and hope my cousin Diane and cousin David to be the next one to die. That was how I saw my cousin Diane wailed out crying so much in front of people at the funreal. It was real hard to deal how offensive my aunt made....she has this serious mental illness...post traumatic stress disorder plus some kind of schizenorphria (sp?) After the day of my cousin Laura's wake, my cousin Jimmy suddenly disappeared. We haven't seen or heard from him since.

UPDATE: After my Aunt Diane's wake a few days ago, I got together with my cousin Chucky and Chris for the first time in 10 years since we were not that close back then. I had learned so MUCH of the truth about what happened to Jimmy and what's been going on with Jimmy. I learned so much informations from my cousin Chucky (Diane, Laura, Dave, Jimmy's younger half-brother) that Jimmy was actually the one "killed" Laura. Drugs and all....now that Jimmy's 15 yrs. old son is autistic and Jimmy's girlfriend..oh man........too much information to describe...nothing any of it is good. Pretty fucked up and sickening you can say. :(

Back