Geekiest way to lose your hearing

Question to everyone: would you rather be book smart lacking in common sense OR would you rather have common sense but be the dumbest person alive?

and why?

Common sense by far. One needs that more than book smarts in life.

Question to everyone: would you rather be book smart lacking in common sense OR would you rather have common sense but be the dumbest person alive?

and why?

Common sense no doubt.

I know people who play golf that have studied Hogan's 5 lessons until they were zombies.... Even named their kids Supinate and Waggle. They are so messed up in the mind now they are lucky to make contact with the ball. :lol:

Knowing that the Battle of Hastings was in 1066 hasn't really benefited me much. I've benefited more from common sense like, don't spend what you don't have.

I should tell you, I am not interested if having a fight with you. It is quite apparent that our happy times are in the rearview mirror. No need to play polite or coy. I will keep my nose out of your way, but I am in no way afraid. I just prefer to walk the walk I have chosen. Egoism is apparent on both sides of the political spectrum. You got one more shot and you are history here. Make it count.

My post had nothing to do with the political spectrum. Nor am I playing polite or coy.

Walk the walk you have chosen? Okaaaay.

No doubt. I have a friend who can build any engine or computer and is an incredible card and chess player but he is totally useless at crossword puzzles. I don't think he has ever been on a college campus.

I used to have a neighbor who could take apart his Mercedes and put new car parts on the chassis so it would be a totally different Mercedes. I never knew if he was going to drive a brown Mercedes or a light yellow Mercedes.

My dog barked right into my ear and now it is ringing. Just more hearing damage...wonderful! That is the geekiest way to lose my hearing. LOL

We had a friend who became deaf as a tank mechanic in the Army. He was standing on a tank that blew up. Other than being deaf, he was okay.

*groans*

Proof that even smart people do dumb things. ;)

Wow! It is amazing that he had no other injuries!:shock:

I didn't mean that he didn't. Other than being deaf, he pretty much recovered, and worked again as a tank mechanic, except as a civilian.

I didn't mean that he didn't. Other than being deaf, he pretty much recovered, and worked again as a tank mechanic, except as a civilian.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant he didn't suffer any other injuries. I'm assuming he was discharged because of the deafness?

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant he didn't suffer any other injuries. I'm assuming he was discharged because of the deafness?

Yes, and got a pension and disability. But he was good at his job and hired right back as a civilian.

Yes, and got a pension and disability. But he was good at his job and hired right back as a civilian.

No doubt service related disability pension. Great that they hired him back as a civilian.

Back