Gaza: Hamas bans motorbike rides for women

republican is not against women's rights. Republican is not libertarian either where we should have plenty of free choices as we can. It about limiting gov't control as much as they can unless it is absolutely neccessary to step in. Yes, businesses should be able to run their business they see as fit, Parents should be able to raise their children they want as long as they are protecting them from harm (if they are not taking responsibility to protect their children from harm, including from themselves, then they can't raise them) and people should take responsibility of their own life, health, etc. Including woman's rights. What does Gov't money has to do with equal rights anyway.

And there is nothing wrong with believing that abortion is more of a murder than a form of birth control.

Countries like that that banned from women riding motorcycles and punishing them is the very good example of too much gov't control.

I misunderstood you, souggy. My apologies. Your second post is clear to me and I agree completely. I need more caffeine stat!

goddamn! poor kokonut.... looks like your post #3 was greatly misunderstood. what's he saying is that although we are LEGALLY equal (regardless of races & genders & disability) in America.. and while we preach about equality in other countries.... the problem is still exist within deep inside us.

We are still racist, bigot, and sexist despite of preaching "Equality" to others. Look at our movies, real life, and newspaper. It's still going on strong. Dr. House and Chris Rock are the perfect example.

And there is nothing wrong with believing that abortion is more of a murder than a form of birth control.

I agree. You have the right to believe that. You do not have the right, however, to impose your religious belief on other women.

You misinterpreted my post to raise the issue of abortion. I wrote about birth control. One of the fundamental problems with the prolife movement is that they do not want women to have birth control, including birth control pills. Again, people may believe whatever they want about birth control pills but cannot impose their views on others. Margaret Sanger spins in her grave every time a woman has to defend her right to birth control, no doubt.

We hear the shouts of "Equality!" here in the United States but when it comes to other countries who routinely oppress women of their rights and not see them as equals are suspiciously and hypocritally quiet.

Ok, I wasn't going to dissect this post because I was trying to be polite. Here goes:

Did you notice that the "we" is vague? Who is "we?" The U.S. government? U.S. Citizens? Men? I've got no clue. Did you notice that there is no noun in the last clause? Is it missing the vague "we" that was at the beginning of the post? It's not clear.

Kokonut confirmed that this vague post meant that feminists aren't complaining enough about sexism abroad. Apparently, I've been remiss in not squeezing that item in between working for equal rights in the U.S. and rearing my children. Fortunately, the UN and other feminists have been working abroad and I applaud their efforts.

Reread my post about the fallacy of this argument and souggy's response. As souggy pointed out, there are sovereignty issues that preclude direct action. Not to mention, if I showed up in those countries not wrapped in a burka demanding rights, I would be stoned.

wait a min, i think i misunderstood. :doh:

LOL@ Jiro. I just misunderstood Souggy's post. Off day?

Ok, I wasn't going to dissect this post because I was trying to be polite. Here goes:

Did you notice that the "we" is vague? Who is "we?" The U.S. government? U.S. Citizens? Men? I've got no clue. Did you notice that there is no noun in the last clause? Is it missing the vague "we" that was at the beginning of the post? It's not clear.

Kokonut confirmed that this vague post meant that feminists aren't complaining enough about sexism abroad. Apparently, I've been remiss in not squeezing that item in between working for equal rights in the U.S. and rearing my children. Fortunately, the UN and other feminists have been working abroad and I applaud their efforts.

Reread my post about the fallacy of this argument and souggy's response. As souggy pointed out, there are sovereignty issues that preclude direct action. Not to mention, if I showed up in those countries not wrapped in a burka demanding rights, I would be stoned.

Everybody means everybody in the U.S. who don't or refuse to speak up for whatever reason. This is a human rights and equality issue. Doesn't matter if it's a sovereigty issue, keeping quiet about it you are complicit in ignoring the freedom and liberty that people want abroad. I lent my support in agreement that women should be allowed to drive. Yet, in some weird odd way you find a way to castigate instead.

Again, unreal.

I agree. You have the right to believe that. You do not have the right, however, to impose your religious belief on other women.

You misinterpreted my post to raise the issue of abortion. I wrote about birth control. One of the fundamental problems with the prolife movement is that they do not want women to have birth control, including birth control pills. Again, people may believe whatever they want about birth control pills but cannot impose their views on others. Margaret Sanger spins in her grave every time a woman has to defend her right to birth control, no doubt.

While I agree you, you have no rights to make people work very hard just to pay for other people's abortions through tax money either.
I never heard of people be against birth control pill unless it have to do with underage OR abortion-like pill (I forgot the name of it for right now, and don't have time to look it up... have to leave in a minute).

I didn't misinterpret... I just brought it because it is part of women rights and people do consider abortion as a form of birth control.

Man, doing a quick look on "burka" I come across this old thread and never responded. When I say "we" it means both sexes. It means that people are purposely ignoring the repressive nature of burkas when women are forced to wear them. It becomes a human rights issue rather than a "cultural" issue. Sallylou, get your head out of this one here with the unnecessary attacking.

It can't be that 'radical islamic sexism' plays a part in our decisions togoto war....it'sallpart ofthe whole ball of wax. so I don't see how we are hypocrits.
We also have tobalancethings with granting other countries thier 'soveriegnty'. We are not the rulers of the world...and we make enemies trying to overstep.
Diplomacy and cooperation with law enforcement agencies in such cases as sex slavery....and pimping/soliciting underage kids. A pet peeve of mine. Trouble is islamic regimes/countries don't want to cooperate if we try to intecede in thier religious rules.
I see them as very insecure men. Osama Been Hiden? insecure chickenturd.

It is always the men in all of the countries that say that they are the rulers over women. They think this is the men's culture that want to be protected because they like to set up strict restrictions and make women suffer very badly. Men get away with it as they don't have to worry about suffering the punishment, but the women has to take the punishment very hard and the women are hurt very much.

If the men in the government are trying to set up the strict restrictions on not having women ride in the back of the motorbikes or have a burka in the courthouse. Then the men are being insecure over this. :roll:

Is it because they could possibly orgasm??? Because that would be hilarious.

Ah yes! Men fear unbridled female sexuality!

Orgasms lead to feminism.

HAhahahahahaha....

Back