gay marriage upheld in Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
California throws out prop 8 and now Mexican court upholds the gay marriage:

"The Mexican Supreme Court ruled Thursday that a fledgling law allowing same-sex marriages in Mexico City is constitutional, rejecting an appeal by federal prosecutors who argued that it violated the charter's guarantees to protect the family."

The Associated Press: Mexican court upholds capital's gay marriage law

Appalling that they think they have the right to dictate how a family should be structured.

And please no personal jabs at all.

An example of less tolerance than the U.S. We have a debate in the debate forum on just that topic.

An example of less tolerance than the U.S. We have a debate in the debate forum on just that topic.

What do you mean? It looks like more tolerant in Mexico to me.

What do you mean? It looks like more tolerant in Mexico to me.

Oops. I meant more tolerance in Mexico, less in the U.S. I meant to use the word "in" where I used "than". Been a long day. Sorry for the confusion.

Good for them!!! The more rights gay people have regarding marriage, the better off we are. :)

Really? How so exactly????? :lol:

The fewer rights any one group has the greater the chance other groups will have fewer rights as well and the harder they will have to fight for them.

The more rights any one group obtains the greater the chance other groups will also be able to attain their rights.

You might say every time a group obtains its just rights the tolerance level of the society goes up: And every time a group loses, or fails to obtain its just rights the tolerance level of the society goes down.

If you want your just rights as a group --- Any group -- Then the rights of any group are important to you -- And the more rights any group has the better for all.

Um, dude .... no one is denying gays the right to marry :roll:

The fewer rights any one group has the greater the chance other groups will have fewer rights as well and the harder they will have to fight for them.

The more rights any one group obtains the greater the chance other groups will also be able to attain their rights.

You might say every time a group obtains its just rights the tolerance level of the society goes up: And every time a group loses, or fails to obtain its just rights the tolerance level of the society goes down.

If you want your just rights as a group --- Any group -- Then the rights of any group are important to you -- And the more rights any group has the better for all.

Sure you want to say "any group"? I had about 20 smart ass answers to rebut with but........too easy

Mexico is gay friendly....even encourage vacations for gay couples.....

Hola!

Nevaaa Mind.

Adios!.

Last edited:

It is such a simple concept. It is really a shame that some people don't see it. I suppose that undeserved idea of their own superiority gets in the way of clear insight.

Sure you want to say "any group"? I had about 20 smart ass answers to rebut with but........too easy

Yes, I meant to say, "any group" just as I meant to say "just rights".

If I must I suppose I should point out that "just rights" for an American are:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Unjust rights, of course, would be the "right" to take away, or interfere with, the just rights of another group and/or individual.

Elaborate, please, on exactly how you came to such a conclusion.

Gladly.

Is anyone denying the right of a homosexual man from marrying a homosexual woman?

:giggle:

Dude, you guys have to soooooooo think outside the box:giggle: :roll::D

Yes, I meant to say, "any group" just as I meant to say "just rights".

If I must I suppose I should point out that "just rights" for an American are:

Unjust rights, of course, would be the "right" to take away, or interfere with, the just rights of another group and/or individual.

Too easy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back