Gas Prices to JUMP!

Liebling:-))) said:
$6.10 a gallon in Germany.

In USA - $2.32 cents a gallon...then we should not complain about the gas in here...We have a lower prices in gas and food compared to the world...

wisdomlady said:
In USA - $2.32 cents a gallon...then we should not complain about the gas in here...We have a lower prices in gas and food compared to the world...

Exactly!!!

Check my posts but they ignored my posts and carry on complain how expensive gasoline in America.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=292614&postcount=3

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=292945&postcount=42

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=293013&postcount=43

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=293331&postcount=64

I was like ***sigh*** when I read 6th pages posts here since my 1st post in 1st page.
Yes, I would scream with happy if we have $2.50 a gallon here in Germany. We do SOMETHING to save gasoline is use bicycle..... There´re common in Germany use bicycle or long walking. I walk or use bicycle 3 miles to town to get few things from supermarket. If there´re big shopping then use car.

Hey, Im looking at it, making me realize that USA Might be so smart for refusing to convert to metric from infamous SAE measurement system that we use everyday, like gallons... :giggle: 2 dollars per litre in Germany, 2 dollars per gallon in usa.... which is actually cheaper?

I still refused to whine over america's gas prices!!! I Still drive SUV and PU truck!

wisdomlady said:
Soon the price will raise on everything else. Alike electric, gas, trash, water, foods, and many other hiddens that we dont see. We already suffer.

diehardbiker65 said:
...In 1973 ...the lines and the rules. Stations flew green flags indicating they had gas to sell. Those with license plates ending in an odd number could only buy Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Even numbered plate owners could buy on the other days.
... To prevent thieves from siphoning off gas, a new demand arose for locking gas caps...
I remember those days. It was awful! I was lucky enough to own a VW bug at that time.

We do SOMETHING to save gasoline is use bicycle..... There´re common in Germany use bicycle or long walking. I walk or use bicycle 3 miles to town to get few things from supermarket. If there´re big shopping then use car.
That works great for people who live near the stores and businesses. Some of us commute many miles to work and school. My town has no bus service, and all the businesses, stores, and schools are spread out far from home. Hubby and I must use our vehicles, and I am sure other people are in the same situation.

jazzy said:
Soon the price will raise on everything else. Alike electric, gas, trash, water, foods, and many other hiddens that we dont see. We already suffer.
I am afraid my Hubby will have to raise the prices for his business because he uses much gas. :(

Shouldn't that make you realize how dependent we all are on oil? We better start finding a better way to reduce our dependence on oil.

-jeff

JA! My dad used to have cute green vw bug! These days were insane! I remember long lines to get gas! I also remember advertisement showing the highway with no cars flowing, as warning that we are running out of oil. Well, this idea happen to be totally opposite as today!

Reba said:
I remember those days. It was awful! I was lucky enough to own a VW bug at that time.

Reba said:
I am afraid my Hubby will have to raise the prices for his business because he uses much gas. :(
I got THE WORD from my distributors this week. Their prices to me for the construction materials I use are up 30% from last fall. Will I eat this? I can't. My fuel costs and labor costs will be up 18% over last year. Both will be figured into my service and construction prices this spring. Service calls (local) are going from $55-65 to $75. A new pool will be $3,000 higher. My profit will stay the same as last spring. How this will effect business we are yet to see. I do know that all my competators will have to increase too just to stay in business.

Yup. I notice that having pizzas delivered already costs more here in town.
It will have a cascading effect on many other businesses.
Ach.

$6.10 a gallon in Germany.

Ouch! Poor Liebling... :bowdown: I feel sorry for you. :hug:

I put $20.00 gas in hoping it will fill up the tank It didn't...*growling* It used to only cost me $20.00 to fill it up, Now it doesn't anymore. :(

The average price for 87 octane unleaded in my city of approximately 275, 000 souls is 2.55 a gallon currently. And this is in southern California where refineries are a skip and a hop down the freeway from me!

But I must say yet again, California requires a much more expensive blend than most states.

Cheri said:
Ouch! Poor Liebling... :bowdown: I feel sorry for you. :hug:

I put $20.00 gas in hoping it will fill up the tank It didn't...*growling* It used to only cost me $20.00 to fill it up, Now it doesn't anymore. :(

I need your help... help... help... :eek2:

Deliver gasonline to Germany... to fill my car.... .... please.... It´s my birthday or christmas wishes. :ty:

Reba said:
That works great for people who live near the stores and businesses. Some of us commute many miles to work and school. My town has no bus service, and all the businesses, stores, and schools are spread out far from home. Hubby and I must use our vehicles, and I am sure other people are in the same situation.

The villiage in countryside where I live, has only one store but they sells most is rolls, breads and few things which it´s not much.... I need something then use bicycle to ride 3 miles to town to buy small things.
I only use car for travel to work everyday and big shopping... I notice alot of Germans use bicycle to travel to work everyday which it´s around 7 or more miles away from town. I use to ride bicycle to work everyday during summer time before I start family. I must take the car because I work from 7.30am to 4.00pm then arrive home by 4.25pm to let my hubby have my Golf car to go work from 5.pm to 10 pm everyday because of our chlidren, we share each other to watch our children.. I would of use bicycle if my hubby work on the day instead of evening work or my children are old enough to look after themselves. My hubby use my Golf car for travel to work instead of use his BMW combi car (family car) because of save gasoline used.

Beowulf said:
I don't think a better grade of gasoline is "required" for California. Sounds like the state's bad policies, regulations, and laws are making it more expensive than necessary.
http://www.pushback.com/environment/autos/
"California is particularly vulnerable to price spikes because it can't produce enough gasoline in the state to meet its needs and it must use specially formulated gasoline to meet clean-air standards in summer months, she says. The special blend of gasoline costs more and is available from only a limited number of refineries. Any disruption in supply can push prices upward. Only six oil companies operate in the state, so there is less pricing competition."
http://eastbay.bizjournals.com/eastbay/stories/2004/03/08/daily42.html

Gasoline prices in California are 30 cents higher than the national average and are much more volatile because the state requires a special low-polluting blend of gasoline known as CaRFG (California reformulated gasoline), which is produced by only 13 in-state refineries.
http://www.ncpa.org/newdpd/dpdarticle.php?article_id=260

I travel 20 miles to work everyday. When I start school in Aug I'll be traveling 60 miles everday. I dont think the gas prices will ever return to normal. I hope I can afford it so I can finish school.

mlkshkgrl said:
I travel 20 miles to work everyday. When I start school in Aug I'll be traveling 60 miles everday. I dont think the gas prices will ever return to normal. I hope I can afford it so I can finish school.
DOn't wish too hard for a return to gas prices of the "old days". You might just get your wish. If we paid the same now that we paid during the oil embargo of 1973, oil would be $89.00 a barrel in adjusted dollars. You could only buy gas on even/odd days according to youe license plate. Some stations would only allow you to buy "X" number of gallons. Some stations would only be open a few days a week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_energy_crisis
Rationing of gasoline occurred in many countries, with motorists facing long lines at gas stations. In the U.S., drivers of vehicles with license plates having an odd number as the last digit were allowed to purchase gasoline for their cars only on odd-numbered days of the month, while drivers of vehicles with even-numbered license plates were allowed to purchase fuel only on even-numbered days. The rule did not apply on the 31st day of those months containing 31 days, or on February 29 in leap years (the latter never came into play as the restrictions had been abolished by 1976).

The U.S. government response to the embargo was quick, but of limited effectiveness. A national speed limit of 55 miles per hour was imposed to help reduce consumption. (This, incidentally, was claimed by some to have caused traffic fatalities to drop by 23 percent between 1973 and 1974. As a result this law was not completely reversed until 1995). President Nixon named William Simon as an official "energy czar," and in 1977 a cabinet-level Department of Energy was created, which led to the creation of the United States' Strategic Petroleum Reserve. The National Energy Act of 1978 was also largely a response to this crisis. The crisis was further exacerbated by government price controls in the United States, which limited the price of "old oil" (that already discovered) while allowing newly discovered oil to be sold at a higher price, resulting in a withdrawal of old oil from the market and artificial scarcity. The rule had been intended to promote oil exploration.

Back