Gas Prices to go down? Good Idea !!!!!

Heath

Reaction score
GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work ( EXXON and MOBIL)
>
>This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one
>of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your
>consideration.
>
>Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon
>by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?
>We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered
>this good idea.
>
>This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
>campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
>laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves
>by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a
>problem for them.
>
>BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
>work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking
>gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently
>$2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the
>OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas
>is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them
>that BUYERS control the
>marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each
>day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the
>price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not
>purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?
>Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN
>have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
>
>Here's the idea:
>
>For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
>companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL . If they are not selling
>any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
>prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
>
>But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and
>Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this
>point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions
>of people.
>
>I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten
>more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300
>x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
>group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If
>those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then
>30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,
>you guessed it..... THREE
>>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!
>
>Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you
>don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
>send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
>mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)
>
>How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten
>more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
>conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!
>
>I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
>
>Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
>please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL
>UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
>
>THIS CAN REALLY WORK
>
>
>FORWARD!

I wish Gas Prices can go down but I doubt that it will, but it could be down to 2 dollars to 2.50 dollars only. :dunno: That's suck for having price that is too alot for just a Gallon of Gas. :( I miss that old price- 1.60 dollars in my time when I got my license for first time.

I predict that the gas prices will increase again this summer like every summer for the past 5 years. I remember coming to RIT and the gas prices were like $1.10 per gallon. That first summer, the price went up to $1.20 per gallon. The next summer, $1.40... then $1.60 for 2002... then $1.80 for 2003... then $2.00 for 2004... then $3.20 for 2005. This summer, the price might go as high as $3.50 per gallon! Eek!

mogas_chart.gif

I doubt that. I watched news on tv and they said that the gas probably going up again around at the holiday of Memorial Weekends. I hope not. I can't stand this shyt prices going up to nearly three dollars

The gas prices never will be cheap again, it will continue to rise higher and higher every year with up and downs. Europe and many other countries where gas prices are VERY expensive, high as $7 or so per gallon!

sequoias said:
The gas prices never will be cheap again, it will continue to rise higher and higher every year with up and downs. Europe and many other countries where gas prices are VERY expensive, high as $7 or so per gallon!

Exactly! It could be more than $7 per gallon... I last saw yesterday was €5.50 ($6.66) per gallon :ugh2:

i read somewhere in msn news.. one of the reporters stated that one of economist says in year 2010 the gas prices will be cheaper to about 2.10 per gal :confused: i somewhat find that odd. but it can be true... because less people are using gas and more people are owning hybrid, etc..

i also read somewhere in other article that they're trying to increase the gas prices because the oil supply is fading out.. and encourage people to find alternative method.

At the store, The gas station attendant or the desk clerk will say .....

For one full tank of gasoline ( on ATV ) That will be :

$3.00 x 5 gallons = $15.00 plus any tax added to gasoline sales.

Not too bad compared to a truck or a car. That will be :

$3.00 x 20 gallons = $60.00 plus any tax added to gasoline sales.

ATVs would be good if you live way in the countryside and the last thing police are worried about is an ATV compared to if you were in the city and rode on an ATV. The city police would give you hell for basically nothing when you need to go to work. :roll:

A man has to work to live and pay the bills. :) :thumb:

If I had a horse then I will use the horse. Let go back in the old days. pretty please. :D

We spend close to 100-150 in gas every week.
It's crazy. All because President Bush has invested
SO much in OILS! (sighs....I guess we have to pay
the price of that)

I heard that they're going to increase the gas to 5.00 per gallon this summer. Holy smokey! :pissed:

Price of gas does suck badly right now for me because I drive 100miles one way to goto school EKKK!! But if I were to get a VW TDI or something it would be to bad... Maybe we should all switch to diesel or hybrid... I couldnt though I love my 424rwhp lol... AND IT STILL GETS 27MPG highway in 6th gear.... God bless gm for doing something good with there v8s lol

Too many misconceptions out there about the cost of gas (actually oil). It depends on where you are buying your gas. Here in the US cost of gas is more or less the same (there is some correlation to where in the country you are and what refineries produce your gas but that is not the main reason for the broad price differences). The main differences is the tax structure of the given state where you live and the cost for gas. Some states tax gas more as a means to "force" alternatives and/or to pay for infrastructure (i.e., roads, bridges and so). Some states tax gas minimally for whatever reason.

It is different in Europe. Europe prefers to tax it to death to keep people from driving vehicles as they do have alternatives for the people such as buses, trains and other means. Heck, Opec has even complained about this but of no avail of the European tax structures. Europeans may have their own problems on other things but dealing with oil is not one of them. They have a very intelligent policy of making driving a painful experience for your wallet (um...that would be good for us too and then we wouldl find alternatives!!!). That explains why it costs so much over there and of course it doesn't hurt when they do have alternatives for people getting around.

The main reason for the past two years for the crazy cycle in gas prices, from a US perspective, is that the Chinese (more than any other country) is "sucking up" all excess capacity to fuel their "economic" engine. Jeez, with a billion plus people there is no question of having an impact on the rest of the world. The US has more or less been static in its demand for oil (with a little growth but nothing the current supply couldn't handle san the Chinese). Well, it didn't help either that SUVs became popular because of the generally static price of gas for about a decade. That had to be the biggest mistake the US made by not turning up the heat by increasing the cost of gas while things were good.

As to answer the first post about switching off when buying gas, I agree with VP that it woundn't work. There aren't any real savings that way. The only way to increase the supply is to use less gas. It is that simple! That means for a starter, increase the EPA mileage standards across the board...no ifs whats or buts just do it. Force a tax on owners of bigger vehicle to make it more costly to own and run such vehicles. So, it kills the SUVs but who cares as we can't live in a fool's paradise. While doing this, get alternative fuel programs going full speed ahead. Make it like the crash program as we did with the Apollo program to get a man on the moon. It can be done. Also, muzzle the oil companies if they don't like it. The recent profits they have made without a whole lot to show for it doesn't make them very sympathetic in my book.

Well, I said enough for now but we (the US) has got to get more serious about changing the way things are now or we are cooked.

just like buying hybrid cars.. they're much better EPa like 60 mpg.. other alternatives is driving a moped they're up to 100 mpg other alternatives is motorcycle or ATV they're up to 85 mpg

in sioux falls, SD its a city.. they're allowed to have an ATV on city roads if you have mirrors, turn blinkers, motorcycle plates. its a city and they allowed. and it saves alot of gas..

dang I wish Seattle allowed ATV on the streets, that would be cool! Up to 85 mpg sounds good!

Back