Gallaudet U

GG? Is that a restaurant? And next to Gallaudet....if I am guessing right, that place used to be called Gusti's, a wonderful and very popular pizza restaurant.
What's the full name of GG?
yes it is, or was, an Italian restaurant. I can't remember the full name anymore but it was well known as G & G(or GG lol) and was a couple blocks walk from Gallaudet-- for some reason I keep thinking just past the bridge on Florida Avenue.

I can remember the lighting not being the best for us deaf-blind/vision impaired folks...

yes it is, or was, an Italian restaurant. I can't remember the full name anymore but it was well known as G & G(or GG lol) and was a couple blocks walk from Gallaudet-- for some reason I keep thinking just past the bridge on Florida Avenue.

I can remember the lighting not being the best for us deaf-blind/vision impaired folks...

its G&G. i know it was owned by egyptians when i was danglin arounD. Though food was italian. one of the owners was from giza if memory holds....

I thought he meant some other generic sub shop...

Sorry was confused :P

I'm older and i don't remember a Subway store there at all when I was there-- just the Roy Rogers down a ways on Florida Avenue and G & G Italian.

Yeah I remember Roy Rogers too. Awful!!!

its G&G. i know it was owned by egyptians when i was danglin arounD. Though food was italian. one of the owners was from giza if memory holds....

All I know those workers look like the middle eastern. :dunno2:

I'm current student at Gallaudet and tell an honest with you - I'm very unsatisfied with university experience and I have deal with many problems.

If you major in education - that's not issue but if you major in Information Technology so you are better off to enroll at NTID or community college first.
Why's that, mate?

Gallaudet is really more of a Liberal Arts university-- not a whole lot of tech or science focus.. even when I was there. Their emphasis is more geared to education (all types), psychology, social work, English. Some business/Accounting. They did have a Computer Science degree- that I think started when I was there. Long after I left and changed careers I wondered if I could have gone to that but heard from a friend that whatever they taught in the classes many had to "unlearn" anyway when they got jobs. As it is I see way too much math and logistics... 'academic' classes and not enough 'real world' like programming classes- hands on.. just my view (I'd rather be doing actual coding than 'conceptual' stuff lol). Wound up taking a business school course and a lot of 'on the job training' especially with QA testing (no courses/degrees in THAT...).

Definitely better to go for NTID or somewhere else for tech or science related degrees.

Hahaha. Yeah, it's much better. There's a small Subway shop right down the road from GU. :)

Ewwwww.... Subway is NASTY. I like those old school grinder/hoagie shops with the menu boards with the plastic letters.......YUM!

What is your major? I guess you wanted to major in IT? Why didn't you transfer to NTID?

Gallaudet is really more of a Liberal Arts university-- not a whole lot of tech or science focus.. even when I was there. Their emphasis is more geared to education (all types), psychology, social work, English. Some business/Accounting. They did have a Computer Science degree- that I think started when I was there. Long after I left and changed careers I wondered if I could have gone to that but heard from a friend that whatever they taught in the classes many had to "unlearn" anyway when they got jobs. As it is I see way too much math and logistics... 'academic' classes and not enough 'real world' like programming classes- hands on.. just my view (I'd rather be doing actual coding than 'conceptual' stuff lol). Wound up taking a business school course and a lot of 'on the job training' especially with QA testing (no courses/degrees in THAT...).

Definitely better to go for NTID or somewhere else for tech or science related degrees.

Gallaudet had Computer Science and CIS majors until 2013 so some of CS and most CIS courses are combined into ITS major. CIS major didn't have math requirement beyond college algebra but IT require 3 math courses (Precalculus, discrete structure and IT/science statistic). IT major isn't stable and subjecting to change frequently, possibly add Calculus I as requirement. Most IT professors aren't great and any students who sucks in math, including me are out of luck. IT major has been battle between STM Department and Business Department that where various professors disagree about courses in IT major. When I enter Gallaudet in Fall 2011 and my major intent was CIS, but they are gone now.

If you want major in computing or IT or limited concentration (like programming, networking, database, microcomputer, security) so NTID or community college are better.

Unfortunately, I can't go to NTID due to VR issue (they only pay for one college that you pick at once) and can't survive in extreme cold weather (got ill frequently due to annoying medical condition). My experience with Gallaudet is terribly rough due to cafeteria, dorm environment, hard to deal with some professors, dirty classrooms (especially in HMB) and lack of support that fit my medical needs.

My body isn't shaping to live in institution anymore, that's not teen or young adult anymore!

Gallaudet had Computer Science and CIS majors until 2013 so some of CS and most CIS courses are combined into ITS major. CIS major didn't have math requirement beyond college algebra but IT require 3 math courses (Precalculus, discrete structure and IT/science statistic). IT major isn't stable and subjecting to change frequently, possibly add Calculus I as requirement. Most IT professors aren't great and any students who sucks in math, including me are out of luck. IT major has been battle between STM Department and Business Department that where various professors disagree about courses in IT major. When I enter Gallaudet in Fall 2011 and my major intent was CIS, but they are gone now.

If you want major in computing or IT or limited concentration (like programming, networking, database, microcomputer, security) so NTID or community college are better.

Unfortunately, I can't go to NTID due to VR issue (they only pay for one college that you pick at once) and can't survive in extreme cold weather (got ill frequently due to annoying medical condition). My experience with Gallaudet is terribly rough due to cafeteria, dorm environment, hard to deal with some professors, dirty classrooms (especially in HMB) and lack of support that fit my medical needs.

My body isn't shaping to live in institution anymore, that's not teen or young adult anymore!

Well....you must of known before you go, that gally is gally..haha...whats the issue with dorms....fun fun..guess they are still fun fun....-)..the cafateria whats the plm? i wonder?...
really no one at gally counsilor help you??
Smoke a.fat joint youll feel better, just avoid thr local pcp, the dust down in noma is always cut.....-)
Anyway...u need to relsx and chill a bit...i can feel your too tense...j
Oh...rochestor doesnt get too cold....try the yokun....i frooz mid sign up there.....damn....

Just about every college has stinky/sucky food. We went off campus.... A LOT when I was there.. any wonder why I gained weight....oops. lol.

I thought it improved compared to when I was a student there?
I think it did improve a bit when Gallaudet switched companies while I was still a student there (Quite a bit actually...hmmm) but I haven't eaten in the cafeteria as a visitor in the two or three times I've been back (that I remember...) so can't compare :(.

Back