Gallaudet U

TrippyMoods22

Reaction score
Is there anybody else who is attending GU in the fall? I want to make a few friends before I begin my time there. I'm HoH, 22, friendly, and accepting of everyone. Prefer positive energy and spontaneity, so if that's you, pm me :)

P.S.: I am learning ASL and growing more comfortable with it, so if you are worried communication will be an issue, just give it time and be patient. I learn quickly :)

Good luck! You are lucky to go because the Florida Ave Metro Station wasn't there when I was a student and the area was really run down at the time. Now, it is so much better and nice places within walking distance!

Wow shell..ive been told it was gentrafied,guess trippymoods will miss out on the pcp crack corridor across the street...
Damn
Gally just isnt the same to me without dust, and working girls...ah well
good for you trippymoods...
Wow a metro station?
Wow

SOrry I graduated there 19 years ago. :( I wish I could be 19 yrs old all over again, attending to gallaudet all over again, and working as a resident advisor all over again, voluneetering with varied of clubs all over again, agruing with varied of college students all over again.. Yet, I DONT regret that I went there and graduated there. I had good memories. Sure I had lots of DOWNS and UPS at gallaudet but i did learn so much!!

GOOD LUCK.. if you feel unhappy being there.. I suggest you to find something that keeps you busy and give yourself two years at gallaudet if you feel comforatble!!If not, then you can consider whatever your choice would be.

the bottomline, dont look for a PURRFECT chick.. LOOK for yourself to be something to be useful. ;)

when was your last time to be there. I had no idea that subway was there. i left 2001 there. LOL

The subway stations metro wasnt there when i was there, but the subway sandwhich shop was down the street.
I was dragged off in cuffs in 96...lol...
So i havnt been back...
I was there in 93..to 96... then off i went....'-)

when was your last time to be there. I had no idea that subway was there. i left 2001 there. LOL
They added the station there in mid 2000's, last time I was there in 2010, it was relatively new and wasn't there when I first visited there in '99, could see the change. This time, I would be seeing MORE changes. It is heaps better than compared in 1999.

You mean a subway sandwhich shop, Yeah thay was there,,,when i was there.
I think he meant that there is a Subway there like this one...

Subway_logo.png

Guess Hoihci and I were old students when we had no subway (transportation ) there at this time. we used shuttle bus. :D

Wow shell..ive been told it was gentrafied,guess trippymoods will miss out on the pcp crack corridor across the street...
Damn
Gally just isnt the same to me without dust, and working girls...ah well
good for you trippymoods...
Wow a metro station?
Wow

It's near Buger King on Florida Ave...also there is the U street across from Gally that has been completely renovated and there are wine bars , farmers markets, restaurants, and some shops in there. It is beautiful

The Subway sandwich shop was there when I was a student from 2000 to 2002. It was in bad shape

It's near Buger King on Florida Ave...also there is the U street across from Gally that has been completely renovated and there are wine bars , farmers markets, restaurants, and some shops in there. It is beautiful

Wow...thats nuts.. (scratching head), gally with no dust or blow, isnt the same...
Damn
Sounds more like the twilight zone now, no ring of one hour room rate dives for working girls, a few even could sign.or SROs to flop in?
Ah well..
Stunned.
I should of cracked the books more.i guess rather then do my homework in lines ah well....-)

Back