Funny Thing About Rush Limbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never advocated driving while impaired. That has nothing to do with drug legalization. Alcohol kills thousands of innocents yearly, yet it is still legal. However they tried prohibition and it didnt work.

I lost a good friend to heroin. Making it illegal didnt save him. It is my belief that if heroin was legal, he would still be alive today. The street stuff is cut so much it is only 5% pure. If you were to remove the heroin and inject the cut it would be just as toxic.

Drugs should be legal to adults over 21. It is the individual's choice. They dont have to justify their decision to take them. Anyone who looks down upon drug users is a bigot, plain and simple. Drug users are the last group of people who can be legally persecuted and discriminated against.

Im just looking out for you. I dont want anything bad to happen to you.

Aww thanks..it was an accident and I would never purposely take it cuz it wasnt my prescription. Lonnnnggg story on how it happened...:)

I never advocated driving while impaired. That has nothing to do with drug legalization. Alcohol kills thousands of innocents yearly, yet it is still legal. However they tried prohibition and it didnt work.

I lost a good friend to heroin. Making it illegal didnt save him. It is my belief that if heroin was legal, he would still be alive today. The street stuff is cut so much it is only 5% pure. If you were to remove the heroin and inject the cut it would be just as toxic.

Drugs should be legal to adults over 21. It is the individual's choice. They dont have to justify their decision to take them. Anyone who looks down upon drug users is a bigot, plain and simple. Drug users are the last group of people who can be legally persecuted and discriminated against.

Rush's drugs were legal. The methods he used to obtain them were illegal. You seem to keep missing that point.

jillio,

What if a prescription form does not have a DEA number listed on it? Does the pharmacy call the clinic to obtain this information? My last psychiatrist didn't have his DEA number listed on my prescription form.

It was probably on there, but he didn't have it preceded with DEA so it wasn't so easily identifiable, except to the pharmacist. But if there was a question, then yes, a phone call would be made to confirm.

It was probably on there, but he didn't have it preceded with DEA so it wasn't so easily identifiable, except to the pharmacist. But if there was a question, then yes, a phone call would be made to confirm.

Got it. Thanks again for the explanation.

your missing the point that if drugs were legal he would not have broken any law.

Abortions used to be illegal too. Does having one back when it wasnt really change anything?

your missing the point that if drugs were legal he would not have broken any law.

Abortions used to be illegal too. Does having one back when it wasnt really change anything?

So, by obtaining the "legal" drugs under illegal means, the drugs became illegal? Just trying to understand what u are saying...

and some people would think you should be fired for doing that. It is illegal to take medicene that is not prescribed to you. I would delete your post if I were you.

It is not illegal to take medicine that is not prescribed for you. It is illegal to purchase medicine that is not prescribed for you, and illegal to be in possession of medicine that is not prescribed for you. It is illegal to sell medicine that is prescribed for you to others. It is illegal to sell or buy prescription drugs on the street. Just ask Rush. He can tell you all about it.

You don't have anything to worry about, Shel.:cool2:

Even by accident? :confused:

This happened to my sister. I was staying overnight and left my bipolar meds on the kitchen counter. She had a bad headache, so without thinking, grabbed one of the bottles and almost took one of my meds. Fortunately, she caught herself because the pill was huge and looked different from the Extra Strength Excedrin caplets she normally takes for headaches.

His drugs were legal. Oxycontin and Hydrocodone are both legal narcotics. Those were his drugs of choice. What was illegal was the way he obtained them, not the drugs themselves.

It is not illegal to take medicine that is not prescribed for you. It is illegal to purchase medicine that is not prescribed for you, and illegal to be in possession of medicine that is not prescribed for you. It is illegal to sell medicine that is prescribed for you to others. It is illegal to sell or buy prescription drugs on the street. Just ask Rush. He can tell you all about it.

You don't have anything to worry about, Shel.:cool2:

Thanks..if it was so illegal, then I would have to put a lock and key on my hubby's medicine dispener box!!!

Seriously, I wouldnt do anything like that...just thought it was something else when I paged my hubby asking if he had any pain killers at home and he told me to take the one from his dispener box so I took one without asking him which section it was. He has 4 different kinds of meds...one for his back (the vicoden), one for his ulcer, one that is Execrin (over the counter) and another one for vitamins...LOL!

This happened to my sister. I was staying overnight and left my bipolar meds on the kitchen counter. She had a bad headache, so without thinking, grabbed one of the bottles and almost took one of my meds. Fortunately, she caught herself because the pill was huge and looked different from the Extra Strength Excedrin caplets she normally takes for headaches.

What would have had happened to her if she had taken it?

What would have had happened to her if she had taken it?

I asked my psychiatrist that question and he said nothing would have happened. When bipolar meds (mood stabilizers and antipsychotics) are given to people with bipolar, they change that person's moods (i.e. make them level), but if someone without bipolar takes them, it would be just like taking a placebo.

His drugs were legal. Oxycontin and Hydrocodone are both legal narcotics. Those were his drugs of choice. What was illegal was the way he obtained them, not the drugs themselves.

youre missing the point that if drugs were legal without any restrictions, he could have simply walked into the pharmacy, told them what he wants and bought them legally.

He has 4 different kinds of meds...one for his back (the vicoden), one for his ulcer, one that is Execrin (over the counter) and another one for vitamins...LOL!

I know how that goes. I take 8 different meds and am glad I don't have children or others who live with me because if I did, I'd have to keep a very close eye on them.

youre missing the point that if drugs were legal without any restrictions, he could have simply walked into the pharmacy, told them what he wants and bought them legally.

Oh, yeah...there's a valid proposal. Turn every layman into a self prescribing, self diagnosing physician.:roll:

There is a reason that doctors prescribe medications. Perhaps you hadn't thought of that.

We are talking about medications that have a valid use in treating illness and disease. Just because Rush chose to use them like a street drug doesn't mean that they should be treated as such.

The fact of the matter is, many, many people use the same medication legally and under the specific dose prescribed by their physician. Rush didn't. And when he couldn't get his fix from his doctor any longer, he chose to get it from the black market.

It is not illegal to take medicine that is not prescribed for you....
It is in the military. If a military member tests positive for taking a prescription medication but has no prescription for it that's a legal offense. That includes using a family member's prescription medication of any kind.

It is also a legal offense if one takes a prescription med for a purpose other than the original one for getting the prescription. That is, a person who has left over pain meds from dental surgery three months ago can't use that medication for a current injury. Again, if testing positive for a drug that hasn't been prescribed for a current injury or illness, that is a legal offense.

The legal facts: It is illegal to share or sell your prescriptions

The distribution of your prescription medications to a friend or family member, or the possession and/or use of prescription drugs that are not yours, is strictly prohibited by law. The selling of any prescription medications you have is illegal, period! The legal consequences for the wrongful possession of and/or criminal sale of prescription drugs include fines and imprisonment. For civilians, violation could lead to prosecution under state and federal laws. For military members, violation could result in action under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Prescription medication: Yours for a reason!

It is in the military. If a military member tests positive for taking a prescription medication but has no prescription for it that's a legal offense. That includes using a family member's prescription medication of any kind.

It is also a legal offense if one takes a prescription med for a purpose other than the original one for getting the prescription. That is, a person who has left over pain meds from dental surgery three months ago can't use that medication for a current injury. Again, if testing positive for a drug that hasn't been prescribed for a current injury or illness, that is a legal offense.

Prescription medication: Yours for a reason!

We weren't talking about the military.

Shel,

If your husband has difficulty telling which med is which (such as when he's tired), he may want to place rubber bands around each pill bottle. For example, one rubber band for Excedrin, 2 rubber bands for Vicodin, 3 rubber bands for vitamins, etc. This is what I do. I can also recognize my meds by feel. For instance, the Depakote I take comes in powerdered form, so I can recognize the capsules by feel. The Fluoxetine I take are also caplets, but are smaller in size. The same difference exists between my antipsychotic, sleep med and med that I take for rapid cycling. They feel differently in size and thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back