Funny Thing About Rush Limbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Doug and Jiro, are you so sure that there won't be an implosion of drug users? I don't give a hoopula about whether people do it or not, but the potential harmful decisions that could kill other people (like drunk drivers). But are you so sure that there won't be an increase in drug using? Just because the drug war sucks now doesn't mean any other option will be BETTER.

if youre so worried about drunk drivers, why dont you push for prohibition again?

No one is advocating people getting impaird on drugs and getting behind the wheel. Believe it or not there are some people who go their whole lives without ever getting a drivers license. If you live in the city, the bus will take you where you need to go.

Aren't you lumping all drugs into one?

I'm for the legalization of marijuana. The rest, not so much, due to easier overdose, addiction, etc.

Prohibition increases overdoses by users getting unknown quality of drugs.

yup, the only winners are the dealers

I agree...addicts are the losers.

Legalizing it will make addicts losers too...

So legal or not. The dealers will still be the winners..

It's not that simple. I can overdose on Pepsi but its gonna be a hell lot harder than ODing on heroin.

Why are you okay with legalizing cocaine but not some medical drugs?

Cocaine comes from the coca plant. Millions of south americans chew coca leaves everyday without any ill effects.

America had to turn it into krack

Let me back up here. I just want to understand your position. You want to legalize all drugs? Let's try to put this in a realistic situation. Let's use heroin and crack. Would they be free to buy at the same place you can buy tobacco/alcohol (with age limits)? Or are they distributed like prescription drugs by, as you like to call them, legalized drug dealers (doctors)? If the latter, what symptoms would they be prescribed for? Or am I missing another possible legal method for obtaining them?

I dont have a problem with liquor store selling coke and heroin

I agree...addicts are the losers.

Legalizing it will make addicts losers too...

So legal or not. The dealers will still be the winners..

and what does it matter for you on what people do with themselves? there are many losers out there too - prostitutes, pedophiles, assholes who use date rape drugs, drunks who killed loved ones, smokers who slowly kill himself and others via secondhand smoking, and list goes on.

If cocaine was legalized. It would make it so much easier for people to make crack cocaine, and sell it as a cheap highly addicted drug.

So It still will be an EPIC FAIL.

I do not believe in legalizing these drugs.

and because tobacco is legalized... it made it SO MUCH easier for scumbags to make DIRTY cheap addictive cigarette. same thing :roll: (btw - they're still doing it and they're raking in a few MILLIONS of dollars profits which cost them a very tiny fraction of it to manufacture those illegal counterfeit cigarettes). Imagine if tobacco was illegal - they'd be raking in BILLION$$$$.

and you don't have a problem with our government pouring in more than $20 BILLIONS of our tax money per year while drug lords in South America rake in tons of million dollars?

and what does it matter for you on what people do with themselves? there are many losers out there too - prostitutes, child beater/rapist, assholes who use date rape drugs, drunks who killed loved ones, smokers who slowly kill himself and others via secondhand smoking, and list goes on.

I care, because it effects everyone around them.

If it ONLY Affects the person doing it. Then I would have no qualm against it.

An addict is sad. Allowing it will only enable a person do to more harm. The abuse of Alcohol and tobacco is not enough for you to see the effect of how Drugs harms people??

Guess people want more!! Add fuel to the fire. :roll: You keep saying how alcohol and Tobacco is harming people. Why dp you want more of it to be legalized? :hmm: Seems pretty much to be MORE self destructive.

As for the the "assholes" that do such crimes. That is why they're laws against them. Because it does affect people around them.

Cocaine comes from the coca plant. Millions of south americans chew coca leaves everyday without any ill effects.

America had to turn it into krack

Crack is a cheap and dirty version of cocaine, correct?
You want to legalize cocaine so that they would only sell a standard pure "safe" form. (I laugh at the word "safe" here btw.)
You want to tax it to pay for rehabilation programs.
What makes you think that cocaine will be cheap enough for the average man to not resort to black market cocaine/crack?

I have no problem with coca leaves (I mentioned it in a previous post). I have NO problem with drugs found in nature, not the ones that are created to be potent by synthetic means.

I care, because it effects everyone around them.

If it ONLY Affects the person doing it. Then I would have no qualm against it.
and how is alcohol/tobacco any more different than this?

An addict is sad. Allowing it will only enable a person do to more harm. The abuse of Alcohol and tobacco is not enough for you to see the effect of how Drugs harms people??
and you're not seeing the repercussions of this drug war?

Guess people want more!! Add fuel to the fire. :roll: You keep saying how alcohol and Tobacco is harming people. Why dp you want more of it to be legalized? :hmm: Seems pretty much to be MORE self destructive.

As for the the "assholes" that do such crimes. That is why they're laws against them. Because it does affect people around them.

because it's the same old nonsense argument - "ban marijuana and cocaine? yea what about tobacco and alcohol?" it's just the matter of time till the government finally realizes that this drug war is futile and stupid. simple - it's a COLOSSAL waste of taxpayer's money. I don't think you understand the cost of drug war.

Crack is a cheap and dirty version of cocaine, correct?
You want to legalize cocaine so that they would only sell a standard pure "safe" form. (I laugh at the word "safe" here btw.)
You want to tax it to pay for rehabilation programs.
What makes you think that cocaine will be cheap enough for the average man to not resort to black market cocaine/crack?

I have no problem with coca leaves (I mentioned it in a previous post). I have NO problem with drugs found in nature, not the ones that are created to be potent by synthetic means.
because it's obvious for anybody who knows the basic fundamental of economic.

OH! You want CLEAN drugs. Oh oh my bad. Marijuana is easy to legalize. Just sell it in its natural form, but cocaine is NOT natural. Coca leaves are (which are definitely legal in Peru). Cocaine is extracted from the leaves through synthetic means, like most drugs. Who is to determine the "cleanness" of a drug? After all the more "clean" a drug is, the more potent it is. Is there no limit to how potent a drug could be?

After all, prescription pills and other legal drugs do have their "Take 2 pills a day" as a guidance of what is too much. So do we also have this for cocaine?
"Snort no more than two 4 inch lines a day"?

Legalizing POTENT drugs is NOT simple if you think realistically.

sure you could say cocaine is a "clean drug" because your skin does not deteriorate and you do not lose teeth like crack/heroin users. what do you think why cocaine is a choice of drug for rich and powerful? Apparently - they can control it and hide it better than those with cheap, dirty drugs.

Ahh I see where you are coming from Jiro...... You're against the drug war. Wasting money trying to upkeep the drug laws. That I understand. Selling white powder at Walmart, I don't. I think drugs is one of those things that there is no good solution for it. Each possible solution has a sacrifice, war against drugs sacrifices taxpayer's money. Legalizing all drugs most likely has sacrifices too, probably ones we wouldn't have predicted.

and how is alcohol/tobacco any more different than this?
Read what I said. Why add more fuel to the fire.. with existing problems.

and you're not seeing the repercussions of this drug war?
I see it. You just see it as being...Just can have one!!! :roll: with out the other. Type of deal. (hence funny that you are so eager to talk about alcohol and tobacco. In the other hand cocaine and other hard core drugs is OK in your veiw) Not a very good defense.. IMO

because you are really sounding like you are tripping on something...

because it's the same old nonsense argument - "ban marijuana and cocaine? yea what about tobacco and alcohol?"

I agree on the contradictions you are saying about the government. I just suggest for you to sit and think about what you are saying here that can ruin society.. Isn't alcohol and Tobacco enough proof???
So you want to prove them wrong by stating (OMG Tabacco is legal Alcolhol is legal!!!" How come Cocaine isn't!!) Pretty silly if you ask me.. I would advise to use a different method to make your claim!!

it's just the matter of time till the government finally realizes that this drug war is futile and stupid. simple - it's a COLOSSAL waste of taxpayer's money. I don't think you understand the cost of drug war.

I find your statement is contributing to the drug war. A waste of time...

and can you imagine the cost of legalizing it to the addicts,family members, the crime rates, the list goes on and on...

I don't think you understand the cost of the drug war.

Ahh I see where you are coming from Jiro...... You're against the drug war. Wasting money trying to upkeep the drug laws. That I understand. Selling white powder at Walmart, I don't. I think drugs is one of those things that there is no good solution for it. Each possible solution has a sacrifice, war against drugs sacrifices taxpayer's money. Legalizing all drugs most likely has sacrifices too, probably ones we wouldn't have predicted.

selling white powder at Wal Mart? Does Wal-Mart sell booze? if no... then no Wal Mart would not sell white powder. and yes you're right - everything has sacrifice... lot of issues out there have no good solutions either. but you have to ask yourself - is the sacrifice worth it?

I've already stated my reasons for my stance on this drug war several times - the result of this drug war? over $20 billions of dollars per year pissing away and hundred of police officers & soldiers were killed and thousands of innocent victims (due to gang war for drug related bs, etc.) and the only winner of this war is the drug dealers.

so Is the sacrifice worth it? :nono:

selling white powder at Wal Mart? Does Wal-Mart sell booze? if no... then no Wal Mart would not sell white powder. and yes you're right - everything has sacrifice... lot of issues out there have no good solutions either. but you have to ask yourself - is the sacrifice worth it?

I've already stated my reasons for my stance on this drug war several times - the result of this drug war? over $20 billions of dollars per year pissing away and hundred of police officers & soldiers were killed and thousands of innocent victims (due to gang war for drug related bs, etc.) and the only winner of this war is the drug dealers.

so Is the sacrifice worth it? :nono:

So you being pissed off at the Government gives you the right to say!! (legalize drugs) Why not!?? The government is pissing on us anyways!!!

This is how I am viewing you right now Jiro... Now, I see why you are pressing this so much.

:hmm:

So does it make it right to do so? Because of all the wrongs? So in your heart. You feel that justice is served by legalizing these drugs you are speaking of??? to prove your point???

Check out the statistics of drug related deaths compared to alcohol and tobacco in UK:

Cocaine - 575
Amphetamine - 384
Ecstasy - 227
Solvents - 246
Opiates (heroin, morphine & methadone) - 4,976
Alcohol - 25,000 - 200,000 approx.
Tobacco half a million approx

DrugScope | FAQs | How many people die from drugs?

And you think those numbers will generally be constant or less if all drugs are legal?

And I know I know "Well if tobacco and alcohol are legal and killing others, why not other ones, HYPOCRISY!" Blah blah blah. You gotta give a little to get a little. People don't want a government that tells them what to do. We ALL know that the world would be better off (health wise) without any illegal drugs whatsoever. But ya know what? We are human, we wanna do bad things, we wanna do what we wanna do,most of us don't give a crap about what other people do, and we don't want to waste money by making others not do what they want to do. So we have to choose what would legal and illegal to hopefully to optimize the following: 1) Make people happy 2) Make things cheaper for everyone 3) Reduce deaths

Personally, I think we'd be better off if weed and alcohol were the only ones legal, but that's just me.

So you being pissed off at the Government gives you the right to say!! (legalize drugs) Why not!?? The government is pissing on us anyways!!!

This is how I am viewing you right now Jiro... Now, I see why you are pressing this so much.

:hmm:

So does it make it right to do so? Because of all the wrongs? So in your heart. You feel that justice is served by legalizing these drugs you are speaking of??? to prove your point???

government? not at all. it's the working of pharmaceutical company lobbyists and misguided voters pressing the government to do it. more and more Law Enforcement Officers are hating this drug war. Who the hell wanna die from a routine traffic stop just because the driver didn't want to go to jail over some tiny bag of drug?????????

I speak with logical mind. This drug war does not FINANCIALLY & ECONOMICALLY & SOCIALLY make sense! if you have any better idea, lemme know! Our current drug war is putting a tremendous strain on government and I know they want to end it but they can't because of you voters.

Read what I said. Why add more fuel to the fire.. with existing problems.

I see it. You just see it as being...Just can have one!!! :roll: with out the other. Type of deal. (hence funny that you are so eager to talk about alcohol and tobacco. In the other hand cocaine and other hard core drugs is OK in your veiw) Not a very good defense.. IMO

because you are really sounding like you are tripping on something...

I agree on the contradictions you are saying about the government. I just suggest for you to sit and think about what you are saying here that can ruin society.. Isn't alcohol and Tobacco enough proof???
So you want to prove them wrong by stating (OMG Tabacco is legal Alcolhol is legal!!!" How come Cocaine isn't!!) Pretty silly if you ask me.. I would advise to use a different method to make your claim!!

I find your statement is contributing to the drug war. A waste of time...

and can you imagine the cost of legalizing it to the addicts,family members, the crime rates, the list goes on and on...

I don't think you understand the cost of the drug war.

I'm not sure where to begin... it's one long rambling post..... sorry but TRY AGAIN!

Check out the statistics of drug related deaths compared to alcohol and tobacco in UK:

Cocaine - 575
Amphetamine - 384
Ecstasy - 227
Solvents - 246
Opiates (heroin, morphine & methadone) - 4,976
Alcohol - 25,000 - 200,000 approx.
Tobacco half a million approx

DrugScope | FAQs | How many people die from drugs?

And you think those numbers will generally be constant or less if all drugs are legal?

And I know I know "Well if tobacco and alcohol are legal and killing others, why not other ones, HYPOCRISY!" Blah blah blah. You gotta give a little to get a little. People don't want a government that tells them what to do. We ALL know that the world would be better off (health wise) without any illegal drugs whatsoever. But ya know what? We are human, we wanna do bad things, we wanna do what we wanna do,most of us don't give a crap about what other people do, and we don't want to waste money by making others not do what they want to do. So we have to choose what would legal and illegal to hopefully to optimize the following: 1) Make people happy 2) Make things cheaper for everyone 3) Reduce deaths

Personally, I think we'd be better off if weed and alcohol were the only ones legal, but that's just me.

your last statement - sure I'm fine with that. One step at a time..... see the red bold print above - it's rather ironic that you used UK as an example. You know that UK is a Police State.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back