Funny story but true story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me, who people said that they heard that story before.

But it's TRUE story which it's in HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE to my friend, she told me that story ONCE when I was 8 years old. I never heard that again SINCE until I decided to share this story with you guys, but you came up and says I saw that before *scoffs* I felt so digust when you said that because I knew it's true story and even in real life to my friend, it's not fake story PERIOD.

gnarlydorkette said:
That story has been retelling for MANY MANY years and by EVERYBODY....
When I watched Sweetheart telling the story... and she said "hearies copy signs as if Deaf"-- I IMMEDIATELY knew what she was about to say.

(actually Sweetheart is easy on my eyes-- her pace is just right for me. :-/ but you have to understand, when you are story-telling, you take on a different pace than you would in a conversation)

You have no right to tell what to do with my gf. That story is true and it really happened in real life. I have NOT heard of that story since and it's one of a kind story that I know. There's nothing like that happened in real life. There may be stories that aren't true that may be like that true story...you never know.

Jolie_77 said:
I have heard this joke so many times since I'm in the deaf community for basically all my life and it's always good to see a old joke coming up. I could understand what Sweetheart was saying. I had no problem understanding her signing.

You've heard of that EXACT story before? I highly doubt it. I'm sure someone made up that story that you might have heard before that was similar to the one she told you guys. It is a true story that really happened before.

sequoias said:
You've heard of that EXACT story before? I highly doubt it.

Yup, one of my interpreting teachers told that story to our class, although Sweetmind's version is much more entertaining!

There's a whole lot of "silly hearing people" stories that get passed down through the years and sort of become part of Deaf culture, like the "BUT" story. In hearing culture they'd be called urban legends, I guess, when people are positive this really happened to a friend of theirs.

Interpretrator said:
Yup, one of my interpreting teachers told that story to our class, although Sweetmind's version is much more entertaining!

There's a whole lot of "silly hearing people" stories that get passed down through the years and sort of become part of Deaf culture, like the "BUT" story. In hearing culture they'd be called urban legends, I guess, when people are positive this really happened to a friend of theirs.

Sweetheart typing: Let me remind you, I'm not sweetmind, I'm Sweetheart ok?

sequoias said:
Sweetheart typing: Let me remind you, I'm not sweetmind, I'm Sweetheart ok?

Oh, my apologies!! I typed "Sweetheart" originally but when I rewrote my post, I made that error. I DO know you are two different people. Terribly sorry.

your ASL quite fast.. cool.. I understand you clearly... perfectally..

I already laughed so hard

Wow you sign soo fast , I had to watch this video twice so I can catch what you were saying, quite a story you got there Sweetheart and a funni one too....

And btw, you're a cutie ;)

gnarlydorkette said:
That story has been retelling for MANY MANY years and by EVERYBODY....

I dont think you should speak for everyone here cause this is the FIRST time I have heard it....

Woah

^Angel^ said:
I dont think you should speak for everyone here cause this is the FIRST time I have heard it....

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=587493&postcount=29

No need to jump down on my throat.

I was just stating that the story was well-known and popular among those close-knitted Deaf community where there is a frequent ritual of getting together to tell stories/jokes.

I think you misunderstood my post, somehow. I didn't say EVERYBODY heard it, but rather everybody that is Deaf always tell that specific story because for some reason they enjoy to tell that specific story.

Something about making fun of Hearies always hit the right note in Deaf community. ;-)

Hope this clears up a bit. :) I am not here to ostracize people.
:ily:

Sweetheart>>

Deaf community in America may SPREAD that story from your friend when you were 8years old..

I dont understand why people are getting defensive. I am NOT denying it never happened.
Just because it has been repeated many times doesn't mean it is fake.
Please be clear on that-- I AM NOT ACCUSING YOU OF MAKING IT UP.

You said you heard it whne you were 8 years old-- that will be a decade ago, correct? it is possible that that friend of yours 's story got spread quickly because it was something that touchs close to our Deaf hearts that we are able to baffle the hearies. SO it become popular and adopted as the story to be retold for new generation of Deafies to give them confidence.

So Sequoias and Sweetheart-- don't misunderstand us-- we are not saying you are faking the story. Just that your story is already popular because you know how FAST words can get across Deaf community.
:ily:

Wow thats so weird, I don't know hardly any ASL but I was able to understand the gist of the story!

I understood that you were eating with friends and that hearing people on the next table were making fun, so one deaf person decided to use a phone and sign to the phone, the hearing people were shocked and amazed :h5:

Good story by the way :)

i never heard that story before until i saw the video and i love it

it was FIRST time i heard the story

Mod Note:

Thread's closed: Just enjoy the video/story for the time being...whether or not this story has been viewed by many...there are some who haven't seen this, allow 'them' to enjoy it...the story.

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back