From Cleveland, Ohio

Sanctum1972

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Adam..33 years old from Cleveland, Ohio and am HoH/Deaf that speak orally, not ASL (even though I know some of it) and am a professional graphic designer/artist. Good to see others on here. Are there any professional deaf artists/designers who succeeded in the big time at agencies or things like that?

Peace,

Adam
www.studioinnersanctum.com

Hi Adam :wave:

I am also from Cleveland, Ohio too....Where did you attend high school at? If you don't mind me asking .. ;)

bwt. welcome to AllDeaf have fun posting with us. :hug:

HEY, Adam!! :giggle:

Welcome to Alldeaf!! Guess who is behind Oddball sn? :nana: I am your worst nightmare!! nah...

;)

Hi

Cheri said:
Hi Adam :wave:

I am also from Cleveland, Ohio too....Where did you attend high school at? If you don't mind me asking .. ;)

bwt. welcome to AllDeaf have fun posting with us. :hug:

I went to Mayfield High..in 1990.

-Adam

Is that you Adam from deafchat??? the one I spoke to on aims about two years ago? If not then I apologize...

Hi Adam,

Welcome to AD and its a pleasure having you here, enjoy your stay, and I'm from Ohio too.. ;)

^Angel^ said:
Is that you Adam from deafchat??? the one I spoke to on aims about two years ago? If not then I apologize...

Hi Adam,

Welcome to AD and its a pleasure having you here, enjoy your stay, and I'm from Ohio too.. ;)

Angel,

Yes that would be me. I hard EVER go on deafchat..don't know why..it's just does'nt seem to appeal to me for some reason :/. I'm still here in C-town.

-Adam

Sanctum1972 said:
I went to Mayfield High..in 1990.

-Adam

Oh, I guess we missed each other I was there at Mayfield High for Word Processing program, I was there in 1989 ;) How come you never went to Beachwood High? They allowed sign language there Mayfield was against sign language. I couldn't bring my own interpreter for my program at Mayfield. ;)

Well..

Cheri said:
Oh, I guess we missed each other I was there at Mayfield High for Word Processing program, I was there in 1989 ;) How come you never went to Beachwood High? They allowed sign language there Mayfield was against sign language. I couldn't bring my own interpreter for my program at Mayfield. ;)

Well, MHS was strict of course..and we had to learn to speak orally. One of the members here went to MHS with me as well. She knows what I'm talking about. But that did'nt bother me since I was so used to talking w/ hearing folks.
But I do remember Beachwood High.
I went to Orange High for Commercial Art in the vocational program for the last 2 years at the time.

-Adam

Sanctum1972 said:
Angel,

Yes that would be me. I hard EVER go on deafchat..don't know why..it's just does'nt seem to appeal to me for some reason :/. I'm still here in C-town.

-Adam

I'm really glad its you, its really nice to see you here, I don't go to deafchat anymore either but I sure like it here and the people are really nice, u will fit in perfect here.....

We shall meet soon ;)

^Angel^ said:
I'm really glad its you, its really nice to see you here, I don't go to deafchat anymore either but I sure like it here and the people are really nice, u will fit in perfect here.....

We shall meet soon ;)

So..this forum does'nt have chat, too?

so.......how soon? :type:

Sanctum1972 said:
Well, MHS was strict of course..and we had to learn to speak orally. One of the members here went to MHS with me as well. She knows what I'm talking about. But that did'nt bother me since I was so used to talking w/ hearing folks.
But I do remember Beachwood High.
I went to Orange High for Commercial Art in the vocational program for the last 2 years at the time.

-Adam

Yes, I know that was an oral school :giggle: I was raise oral too but then my dad decide to enrolled me in mainstream with interpreter that was much better. ;) We did had a dance at Beachwood but that was during the time you weren't around, You said you went to Mayfield in 1990, I recalling a dance at Beachwood where we invited Mayfield students, I think that was around in 1988 maybe I could be wrong Correct me if I am wrong here ^Angel^ and I remember a lot of Mayfield students there at Mayfield. :)

!

Cheri said:
Yes, I know that was an oral school :giggle: I was raise oral too but then my dad decide to enrolled me in mainstream with interpreter that was much better. ;) We did had a dance at Beachwood but that was during the time you weren't around, You said you went to Mayfield in 1990, I recalling a dance at Beachwood where we invited Mayfield students, I think that was around in 1988 maybe I could be wrong Correct me if I am wrong here ^Angel^ and I remember a lot of Mayfield students there at Mayfield. :)

Dance at Beahcwood with mayfield students in '88? I did'nt know that. I don't pay attention to dance events...tried not to. But life at Mayfield was okay..not the greatest, not the crappiest...just interesting.

-Adam

Back