Free Pictures Of Self Defense Charts....

(4) To raise your next shot group, rotate the front sight post UP (clockwise). To lower your next shot group, rotate the front sight post DOWN (counterclockwise). One click will move the strike of the round one square on the target.

(5) To move the shot group to the left, turn the windage knob counterclockwise. To move the shot group to the right, turn the windage knob clockwise. Three clicks of the windage knob will move the strike of the round one square on the target.

(6) Continue to fire three-round shot groups and make corrections until you have a tight shot group in the circle on the silhouette.

(7) If your shot group is within the circle, your rifle is now "calibrated."

Click Picture To Enlarge
Click Here To Save Full Size Target Image (700KB PDF file) - Get Adobe® Reader®

(8) To place your 300-meter zero on the rifle, you must rotate the elevation knob one click counterclockwise. The 8/3 (300-meter) mark on the elevation knob should now be aligned with the index mark on the left side of the sight.

NOTES:
1. There are clicks between the range numbers as you turn the elevation knob. Use these clicks if you need more elevation past a certain range number to hit a target.

2. The unmarked aperture is automatically zeroed to 200 meters. Use the 0-2 aperture when shooting at night or at close ranges; for example, in an urban environment or in dense jungle.

5. Sight setting. your rifle sights should be kept set to a combat zero of 300 meters. If you are told to engage a target at a longer range; for example, 500 meters:

a. Rotate the elevation knob so that the desired range mark is aligned with the index mark on the left side of the sight.
b. Engage the target.
c. When the engagement is over, return the sight to the 300-meter setting.

NOTE: When the rifle has been zeroed to 300 meters, all other ranges on the elevation knob are also zeroed

How to Load a Magazine Using Stripper Clips

Stripper clips are both a storage and a loading device.

Storing ammo on stripper clips makes it easy to count the number of rounds on hand and to quickly load magazines when they are needed.

Ten rounds are loaded onto each clip and the small brass tabs are bent upwards to prevent the rounds from sliding off.

They can be stored in this ready condition until needed.

To learn how to load a magazine using stripper clips simply follow the instructions outlined below.

You will need:

USGI or similar design magazine.
Stripper Clip guide (loading tool)
Stripper Clip loaded with 10rds of ammunition.

Step #1

Slide the guide onto the top of the magazine towards the rear of the feedlips.

Step #2

Slide the loaded stripper clip into the guide with the ammunition facing the front of the magazine.

Step #3

Hold the magazine firmly in one hand and apply pressure to the top round with the other hand sliding the ammunition off the stripper clip
and into the magazine.

You may also hold the magazine and push the rounds up against the edge of a table or other solid object to assist in loading.

Step #4

Continue applying pressure until all rounds have been loaded into the magazine.

Step #5

Repeat steps until magazine is fully loaded.

Hi Reba, here is something your husband and you will enjoy. If I can find the company that makes the poster and framing is also available too then I will post the website link to their company so that you can order from them. :) :thumb: ( give me time to search for the website please, Thank you )

Heath said:
I think your husband wanted one with a " muzzle brake " Nice collection your husband has going there. :) :thumb:
Thanks. It is "our" collection; some of those are mine. :)

His has a welded on muzzle brake. It does not have a flash suppressor because it is a post-ban weapon.

Many thanks to Reba for providing the poster of the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle.

Heath said:
Hi Reba, here is something your husband and you will enjoy. If I can find the company that makes the poster and framing is also available too then I will post the website link to their company so that you can order from them. :) :thumb: ( give me time to search for the website please, Thank you )

Thanks but it doesn't fit my decor. :D

I think I have seen a laminated version at our local gun shop.

We don't have any Colts. Hubby gave me a Taurus Titanium 38 Special +P (5-shot) for Christmas.

Reba said:
Thanks but it doesn't fit my decor. :D

I think I have seen a laminated version at our local gun shop.

We don't have any Colts. Hubby gave me a Taurus Titanium 38 Special +P (5-shot) for Christmas.

Taurus makes some nice guns especially with the new technique of locks that prevent access to children. That was nice of your husband and he gave you the... " gift of life " ( saving your own life ) for Christmas. :) God Bless

Heath said:
Hi Reba, I found the .45 ACP wall chart with framing if you would like and it was the one I was looking for. They also sell books too. Hope this helps :) :thumb:

http://www.gunbooks.com/poster.html
Thanks, but my decor is nautical. Maybe a chart of whaling harpoons would be more appropriate. :D

Hi Reba, here is something I thought your husband and you would enjoy. :) :thumb:

Heath said:
Hi Reba, here is something I thought your husband and you would enjoy. :) :thumb:

Thanks; that is interesting. :)

ButterflyGirl said:
:-o These guns give me chills up my spine.

That is okay ButterflyGirl, This thread was created in response to the U.S. Homeland Security situation also , for Deaf self defense situations too. This is more of a F.Y.I. situation. There is hand to hand combat fighting and how to use rifles and guns the proper way. I am sure the women at the local gun club will be more than happy and welcome to help you get comfortable with shooting a gun and enjoy having guns as a hobby which can double up as self defense in a life saving emergency situation.

There are programs for women from the National Rifle Association.

http://www.nrahq.org/rtbav/

http://www.nrahq.org/women/wot.asp

I hope this helps you enjoy the owning of a rifle and a handgun for home self defense and for hunting to cook wild game food with some nice glass of wine beside a nicely built fireplace for the evening. :) :thumb:

Back