Free Pictures Of Self Defense Charts....

My only concern in the Bas Rutten video clip is with the neck hold. I would eye gouge the bad guy and break some fingers of his to release the hold because he will be excepting to get kicked or squeezed in the balls. Another than that.... Excellent video clip.

You always want it to be simple, brutal and very direct and fight very dirty in self defense.

How to Win a Fight:
Self-Defense Strategies for the Untrained Man

You’re out and enjoying life with your friends or a certain young lady. But some knucklehead is determined to end your fun by trying to punch your lights out. What can you do?

There are some simple self-defense tactics that even someone who's not in great shape or has any special training can employ:

First of all, wake up!

Who’s watching you?

Look around, is someone giving you a hard look? Or alternately, does someone quickly avoid your gaze?

Watch people’s hands as you are walking, don’t look away when you pass.

Cross the street if you have to avoid a group of punks.

Don't get too drunk.

Are you doing something stupid like hitting on someone’s girlfriend at the bar?

Are you in the habit of boasting about your fancy watch, car, apartment?

Point out the troublemaker to the bartender or doorman.

If the negative vibes get too intense, leave.

Remember, it’s always easier to STAY out of trouble than to GET out of trouble.

Second of all, keep from getting hit in a vital area!

Get your hands up in front of your face to protect your head.
Keep your mouth closed with your teeth clenched. When your mouth is open you are ripe to get your jaw broken (which means you should forget about ‘talking trash’).
Circle away from his power side (circle to the right if he has his right hand cocked back, circle to the left if he has his left hand cocked back).
You need to be either two arms lengths away from him (outside of his kicking range) or all the way in tight against him (holding him in a boxing clinch). Anything in between puts you in range for his punches and kicks.
Third, use your strongest weapons against his weakest targets.

Use the proverbial knee to the groin when you are clinching.
Smash him with your elbows in the face, throat and neck.
Kick him in the knee, groin or lower abdomen. Kick straight ahead using the bottom of your foot like you would kick in a door. Or kick straight back like a mule using your heel. If you are untrained, resist the urge to kick with the top of your foot like you are punting a football, you will probably use too much of your toes instead of your shin (ouch!).
If you try to trade punches with him, you're probably playing right into his game.
Finally:

Get a barrier between you and him (even if you have to run around a car).

Yell for help. You can't count on people coming to your aid, but he might think someone will render assistance.

Use a weapon. Hose him down with your pepper spray. Use a chair like a lion tamer. Throw ashtrays at him.

Make your escape. Lose your ego and your attitude. Retreat and escape. Live to go out and party again next weekend.

Better yet, start training tomorrow in a self-defense art or program.

http://www.defendu.com/winfight.htm

Question:

A chosen tool by some criminals is pulling over a driver while posing as a police officer. In the case of my wife, what kind of self-defense advice can she do if a fake police officer tried to pull her over at night, on a lonely road, etc. I don't want her to anger a real police officer, but I don't want her to pull over for a criminal, rapist or carjacker.

Answer:

If she has any doubt about the veracity of the police officers behind her she should:

1. Acknowledge to the officers that she has seen them;

2. Proceed slowly to a well-lit and public place (I would advise putting on your hazard flashers);

3. Call the police department while she is driving to see if, in fact, she is being pulled over by a recognized unit;

By the way, why is your wife driving by herself, at night on a lonely road?

Other recommendations include:

Get the darkest tint on your windows as possible so people can't see who is driving.
Watch for people at the convenience store, the ATM or other place that you just left who might be watching you. See if they pull out when you do.
If so, double back to the parking lot and see if they follow you.
If they do, call the police immediately.

http://www.defendu.com/questions/quest51.htm

Q:

I was wondering: would you say that fights often escalate from shoves where one person shoves another to try to intimidate that person?

If you were shoved by someone, what would you recommend to counter a shove in a way that lets the 'shover' know if he were foolish enough to continue trying to intimidate you (further shoves, trash talk, etc.) , that you can more than handle him, thereby preventing a fight in the process?

Thanks for your advice. Enjoy your info on your website.

A.

I used to have a statistic from the Department of Justice that showed something like 74% of all assaults begin with a push or a shove. So, yes! -- a shove usually indicates the initial stages of an assault.

One common type of opening gambit is to shove the intended victim back to give the attacker range to connect with an overhand right punch. The key here is that the attacker is using the shove to "control" the distance. It's the same when the attacker grabs your shirt with one hand and curls it in. He is either pushing you away or grabbing you to control the distance to maximize the effectiveness of his punch.

On the shove, I've noticed that many guys (who are shoved) try to stop their rearward motion and react by stepping forward again to show the attacker that they aren't scared -- BOOM! They step right into the punch that is following the shove.

For me, if I was SO close to the guy that he got in a shove at the start of the fight, I would make sure I use the momentum of the push to get me ALL THE WAY OUT OF RANGE OF HIS PUNCHES.

I would GET MY HANDS UP to block the punch that is surely coming. Then I circle away from his power hand. If he declines to follow me, then there is no fight. Even if he is talking trash ('woofing' or posturing) I continue to control the distance between us.

If he decides to charge forward swinging, I avoid the hits, move to the clinch, then takedown, then mount and then finish. If it is a group situation, I am avoiding the hits, clinching, and slamming him to the ground with a standing takedown and then immediately getting ready for a follow up attack from his friends or others.

If he decides to charge forward and try and tackle me, then I counter (see the site for the answer on countering tackles.)

I've seen two other counters that are cool, but you have to be really good to pull them off. One is to let him shove you, but you use the momentum of the shove to "swing" to the side like a gate opening while trapping his arm. You use your swinging momentum to snap his arm. The other one is when you are shoved and you are losing your balance backwards. Just straighten one of your legs and allow it to swing up into his groin. It's basically a shin kick coming upwards into his crotch. The kick is really unexpected from his perspective and it also helps arrest your backwards fall.

In any situation, however, I don't like to posture to show how tough I am. BUT -- I don't let someone shove me or push me again either.

If he's shoved you, back up and get your hands up and prepare for the attack to follow. If he follows up with an attack or another push, then use the appropriate level of force to defend yourself. If he does not follow for the attack, don't worry about how you look. Resist the urge to jump back into his face. Immediately leave the party or -- if you want to get him thrown out -- report the incident to the doormen.

Lose your ego and live to party another day.

Good luck.

Brad Parker
http://www.defendu.com/questions/quest53.htm

Q:

I am wondering how most violent "stranger-rapes" are initiated. (Punches? An incapacitating blow of some sort?) This is related to a recent discussion in my karate class wherein it was theorized that it would be something of this sort. With respect to teaching/learning self defense, it would be helpful to know what the common pattern is regarding method of attack. Do you have any helpful information?

A.

Actually most stranger rapes are initiated with an interview to see if you are a good victim. Go here for an article on interviews -- http://www.rapeescape.com/interview.htm

You'll see that the attacker needs to close the distance before attacking.

Then the attacker will tell you, "Don't scream or I'll kill you" or a variation which can be something like "do what I tell you and you won't get hurt".

If the attacker has successfully picked a "good" victim and attacked in a place or manner where there is privacy, the threat of force may be enough to get the defender to comply without using force.

However! All attacks are different. Some are simply a wrist grab to drag you somewhere private (like the Carli Bruscia attack) while others are a brutal blitzkrieg attack as described in the Defend University newsletter where the guy does punch you in the face. Or the attack of a woman in a Wal-Mart parking lot where he hit her over the back of the head (from behind) with a pipe.

I will say that a very common attack is a front choke (like Kobe Bryant) or a rear choke, the rear choke being a type of blitz attack that is very dangerous because of the mindset of the attacker.

Then you have cases of the victim being choked by a cord or cord-like object, smothered with a pillow, pushed into a car and held face-down on the front seat. I know women who have been thrown down to the ground from both the front and behind and I know a woman who was threatened with a brick. A recent attack which you might have seen was at another Wal-Mart when Megan Holden was simply shoved into a truck from behind. Other cases involve an attacker who is already nude, standing at the side of your bed with a knife at your throat...

As you can see, I believe that there is really no easily identifiable pattern. Basically the equation is:

Criminal + Opportunity + Victim = Crime.

You are simply one part of the equation. The solution? Change the parts of the equation in which you have control -- "victim" and "opportunity".

Make sure that you control the opportunities for attack. Use barriers -- lock your doors and windows. Recognize and avoid danger zones and transitional areas.

Then, work on how change your "victim" status to "defender" status. Get self-defense training, realistic self-defense training. That's why the Rape Escape method starts with the worst scenario -- he has you pinned on your back and is in between your thighs -- and works backwards. The first level covers the 9 most common sexual assault positions that you will most probably find yourself in, regardless of the initial gambit used to start the attack. Level 2 deals with date rape scenarios and Level 3 answers the questions of what to do when the attacker has a weapon (cord, club, knife, gun).

You might not be able to have any control over the criminal, but you certainly have control over denying the attacker the opportunity and then making yourself a "bad" target.

Keep training and stay safe!

Brad Parker
http://www.defendu.com/questions/quest52.htm

Heath said:
Please Remember The # 1 Best Advice is to Avoid A Bar Fight.

Check out this very brutal hardcore video clip, only if you have to defend yourself. Bars are supposed to be a place to come and relax then have a cold beer after a hard day's work. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiEsktRiCXo&search=ufc

I had a friend translate this for me. Many Thanks go to him.

Alright here you go:

"Let me tell you first that i've been around. I've been a bouncer for many, many years.

Bang bang bang!

It's a street fight, never look away from your opponent.

Look sir, I really don't want anything of this and I go WHOOP like this, and I slit your throat and it's over and out.

Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin. Boom that's the first thing to do.

I follow up - bang bang bang. Right away after that - dang a da dang a da dang.

See what i'm doing? BOOM that's the left elbow right there.

I can also deliver BANG headbutt out of nothing.

BOOM left elbow BOOM right straight. Maybe now the headbutt comes. Knee to the face, and

looky look what we got here. Smack his face, smack his face.

Create distance and grab a chair. You can slam it into his face, you can stab with it, and while I throw it at him I will kick him in the groin, boom right straight.

Gonna bounce his head on the table, ten times or something. Bong dong don't you ever do this!

Right away you say "ok i'm sorry" BANG BANG BANG "no i'm not."

When he comes in, boom front kick.

Boom, simultaneously the elbow and the hand. Grab his wrist, grab your own wrist and bend his arm. I control him you see? Knee in the head, I can bounce him against the wall, everything I wanna do.

We grab, but just to make sure, we grab with this arm also. Now we're in total control. He tried to kill me, so now I gotta return the favor. I step underneath here, and now i'm controlling him with my head and I can stab his own knife here in the liver. Stab in the liver.

Watch, i'm grabbing the inside of his hand like this. One, two. Support his elbow. I can of course kick him in the head, I can put my knee on and break the arm.

Never ever let him take that choke, because if you're out, God knows what they're gonna do to you.

He's choking me and he's gonna lift me up. Ok kick to the knees, or maybe a heel to the balls. And I lean forward, I can go back with a headbutt to the head. Kick to the leg, heel to the groin. Then I go like this and come back with a headbutt to the side.

Somebody's telling me that about my wife? I'm sorry sir but i'm gonna break your leg. I grab his toes, then i'm gonna go like this. Then this knee will be shattered.

He gets your arm, you break with BANG right straight. Or he grabs it again go with BANG left straight.

Pushing down as hard as I can, I make a turn and you see I got an armbar on him. Boom kick in the groin, bang right straight.

Wrong move. Don't do that to El Guapo!

Block, wrap, palm strike, boom elbow.

Once he's down, boom knee to the head.

I'm grabbing his arm, it's full power. I hit his wrist, this is a wrist lock right here. I pull it, ow ow ow. Bang bang bang.

And you know these people they're talking to you, blah blah blah, something's going to go wrong, and you wanna choke the guy out. Support his arm so you can go underneath his armpit like this and I step in. I grab and I squeeze everything together and watch, he will tap.

Grab the heel and extend, and he taps. All the way like this, and he's gonna break his leg.

If he puts it on and he pulls my head forward and it's powerful, see I cannot go back. I push up like this, I use the power of my legs. Go into the side, grab his legs whoop and now i'm gonna land on him. Boom I broke somebody's ribs.

So don't take the kick, grab his leg 'cause he's gonna hurt you.

He kicks here, whoop bang bang he's defending himself. Bang bang I start punching.

Now turn in, wham.

Step to the side. Distraction, distraction, punch, whoop take him down. Punch here. Kick in the balls kick to the face.

Punch punch grab his neck this time, hit him with your knee and grab him, push him down.

Step to the side, pull him on the ground. Put your leg forward and now lean backwards, and there you have it: the crucifix.

Punch, punch, grab his neck this time and start kneeing, kneeing, push him down and grab tight. He can not defend here, he can not defend the head, he can not defend the body.

I can bring knees as long as I want.

Climb on top, start punching away and elbowing elbowing.

You can always go BONK and finish the job.

It's starting time again. I start beating, elbowing to the head, that will do it.

Pull the leg, kick in the groin, step over and bend the leg, break the leg, kick him in the face.

Don't do this, don't do this. Push the gun here on his hips. Bang.

Whoa, whoa. Now BANG i'm gonna start hitting him, maybe BANG two maybe BANG three times.

Boom he's stuck, I elbow him bang bang. Maybe do bang. Maybe hit him.

On the streets everything is legal. I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye.

Whoa that's f***ed up.

Don't you ever do this!"

My comment: That is one man not to be messed with. Thanks to my friend for translating this video clip. :cheers:

Wow Heath, You sure a postwhore in your own thread. :giggle:

Cheri said:
Wow Heath, You sure a postwhore in your own thread. :giggle:

Yeah Cheri, Well this thread is created for the benefit of all Deaf people to learn self defense. There are too many Deaf people that do not know how to fight and hearing people laugh then teach the Deaf person the wrong things then enjoy kicking the Deaf person's ass and they laugh with a cruel laughter some more. I put a stop to all this and put the military manuals here to show what works so there is no more confusion amongst Deaf people. I hope Deaf people never have to be in a self defense situation but if they do then they have the right tools to defend themselves. God Bless !!!!! :) :thumb:

Here is a Translation provided by an AllDeaf member :

Watch the video clip then read the translation provided by an All Deaf member.

http://www.defendo.com/biddle_bayonet.html

BAYONET FIGHTING

[Music]

The bayonet can be a good friend to only one of two people; either you or your enemy.

It’s our purpose to make it yours.

The course you’re about to see is based on the bayonet tactics of Colonel Biddle, of the United States Marine Corps.

The secret of bayonet fighting is to be able to strike swiftly and directly at the nearest opening, being always on guard and ready to attack from any angle.

The position for this is the flat blade stance shown here.

For instructional purposes, the men line up in two ranks, facing inboard, each man paired off against the man opposite.

The instructor checks their fighting stance and corrects any errors.

[first man] Get your feet apart; you’re too easy to knock off balance. That’s better.

[second man] Up with the blade! You’re supposed to aim at his throat, not his knees.

[third man] Take it easy pal, relax.

[fourth man] What’s wrong with this one? Nothing.

His feet are the correct comfortable distance apart, giving him the proper weight distribution so that he can’t be knocked off balance.

The piece is held firmly but it’s still flexible.

The blade is at the best angle for both attack and defense, and he’s ready to move in any direction.

Now we’ll show you the whys and wherefores of that stance.

Anyone who has ever boxed can master it easily.

Not only the stance but the arm and footwork is exactly the same as in boxing.

Left jab, another, feint low, cross your right.

See how he keeps his feet well apart, weight evenly distributed, always on balance, ready to go in either direction.

All right, hold it!

Now, you’re a bayonet fighter, but the movements are still the same.

Left jab, right cross, feint low.

###

Many Thanks go to an AllDeaf member for the translation.

PFT's Personal Security Awareness Checklist

HOME SECURITY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider installing a home security system. A home alarm can be an effective deterrent to criminal intruders. A variety of systems are available, ranging from inexpensive, battery operated door models to monitored, motion detecting systems costing several thousand dollars.

Never open your door to a stranger. Criminals can get a good look at you can your home by posing as a door-to-door salesperson, a neighbor who has lost a pet, or a floral delivery person at the wrong address.

Install a wide-angle door viewer. These are an inexpensive aid for identifying people at your doorstep. If children are allowed to open the door under certain circumstances, install a second viewer at your child's height.

Never tell a stranger that you are home alone. If they ask for your husband or the man of the house, tell then that he is taking a nap and cannot be disturbed.

Do not broadcast your plans in public where others can overhear. Burglars can use this information to determine whether your home might be an easy target in your absence.

Keep your house or apartment well lit. Use exterior motion-sensor lights and interior lights plugged into timers to create the illusion of an occupied home at all times.

Do not leave windows open or uncovered. Prevent casual observers from looking directly into your home. During the day, draw the drapes or position blinds to allow only enough light for plants. At night, cover your windows completely.

Keep trees and shrubbery around your home well trimmed. Overgrown bushes and trees often provide excellent hiding places for criminals.

Plant "defensive" shrubbery around your home, especially beneath windows. Bushes that feature thorns or stiff, spiky leaves are not good places for criminals to hide.

When moving into a house or apartment, always change or re-key the locks or have the tumblers reset. Otherwise, the previous resident - and anyone who had access to their keys - has unrestricted access to your home.

Never hide an extra key under a mat, in a flowerpot, or in any other easily accessible place. Criminals know all the hiding places.

Lock your doors when working in the yard, attic, laundry room, or any place away from your home's entry areas. While you are busy elsewhere, burglars could easily enter your home unnoticed.

Do not give information to strangers on the telephone. Thieves often target homes using information obtained from "telephone surveys".

If you use an answering machine, do not announce your name and number as part of your message. Avoid giving criminals any information about you. A common mistake is revealing your exact whereabouts in a message.

Consider keeping a separate line or cellular phone as a security device. Taking one phone off the hook renders other units on that line inoperable. Using a separate line or cellular phone in your bedroom is a good precaution.

Never give important information like travel plans or credit card numbers using a cellular phone. For fewer than one hundred dollars, anyone can buy scanning equipment and listen to your cellular phone conversation.
AUTOMOBILE SAFETY

Always have your keys out and ready before leaving a building to approach your car. Fumbling through your purse for keys after you've reached your car provides criminals an excellent opportunity to sneak up on you.

Look around and in your car before entering. If you are concerned for any reason, walk past your car instead of getting into it.

Use a two-piece key ring with your door/ignition key separate from your other important keys. Give parking valets or mechanics your car keys only. Supplying your entire set of keys creates an opportunity for duplicates to be made.

If your vehicle has tinted windows, use the reflection to scan the area on either side and behind you. By being alert to your surroundings you could avoid a potentially dangerous situation.

Lock your car immediately after entering the vehicle. Make this your first action, even before putting your keys in the ignition.

Check your surroundings before you get out of your car. If something or someone strikes you as out of place or threatening, drive away.

If you are involved in an accident, stay with your car until the police arrive. In minor accidents where the other driver suggests you exchange insurance information, simply hold your drivers' license and insurance information against the window.

Consider acquiring a cellular phone. Using a cellular phone is an effective means of keeping help close at hand during accidents, breakdowns, or other roadside emergencies.

If you are accosted in a parking lot, away from your own vehicle, consider rolling underneath a nearby vehicle. It is difficult to force anyone out from under a car.

Make a practice of filling up your vehicle when your gas tank is about half empty. Never let it go so low that you are forced to stop for fuel, particularly at night in an area that you are unfamiliar with.

Lock your car and take your keys when you get out to pump gas. Leaving the door unlocked and the keys in the ignition invites a carjacking.

NEVER PICK UP HITCHHIKERS. It is never safe to have a stranger in your car.

PHYSICAL SECURITY

Maintain your personal space. Stay alert! If a person moves inside your comfort zone, move away. If that person persists, run away.

Be alert when leaving stores or shopping malls. This is a time when criminals know you are carrying cash, checkbooks, credit cards, or valuable merchandise.

Don't use outside ATMs at night, or in unfamiliar or unsafe surroundings. This is another time when criminals know you are carrying cash.

Avoid filling your arms with packages. You might have to make more trips, but keep one arm and hand free at all times. 33. Avoid stairwells in parking garages. Try walking down the auto ramp instead. As long as you watch for cars, the ramp is much safer. If you have to have your hands full and are accosted, throw those items at your assailant and run (unless they are armed with a handgun).

When on the street, walk FACING oncoming traffic. A person walking with traffic can be followed, forced into a car, and abducted more easily than a person walking against traffic. Physical Security (cont'd)

If asked for directions by a driver, stay far enough away from the car that you can turn and run easily. An alternative is to simply state, "I don't know" and keep walking.

When friends drop you off at home or work, ask them to wait until you are safely inside before leaving. Extend this courtesy to your own friends when driving them to a destination.

If you are on an elevator and someone threatening gets on, quickly step off the elevator. Otherwise, press several buttons for upcoming floors and get off at your first opportunity. (Do NOT press the STOP button.)

Approach with extreme caution any entryway where normal lighting is not functioning. Removing, unscrewing, or breaking bulbs in such places is a common tactic of criminals.

Carry several dollar bills folded inside a ten-dollar bill. If accosted in a robbery, you can throw the "chump change" several feet away and the robber may scramble after it, allowing you a few moments to escape.

Seek Self-Defense Training. If your state allows good-citizen concealed carry of firearms, consider this option.

http://www.pgpft.com/SECURITY.HTM

Gun Fighter Wisdom

It’s better to have a gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it
Your gun must be legally owned
Your gun must be legally carried
Communication skills are as important as fighting skills
Do not drink and carry
Be aware, be prepared, practice avoidance and disengagement
A gun is not the only lethal weapon. A knife, club, and any improvised variation thereof can be very lethal
Using your firearm is a final option
If you are in imminent danger of great bodily harm or death, draw your weapon
Only draw your weapon if you are fully prepared to use it.
95% of gunfights take place 21 feet or less*
55% of gunfights take place 5 feet or less*
The average man can cover 21 feet on level ground in 1.5 seconds*
The average man cannot draw a weapon from concealment in under 2 seconds*
Seek and use cover.
Be aware of false cover (concealment)
The average gunfight lasts 3 to 5 seconds*
3 to 4 shots are usually fired*
On average, 1 shot in 4 hits its intended target*
Most gunfights take place in low light conditions*
A gunfight is stressful
The fastest draw is already having your weapon in your hand
It may be faster to draw a secondary weapon than to reload your primary
A handgun is marginal at best as a defensive weapon
Give the "Prudent Person’s Warning"
Create witnesses – be very vocal about your intention to leave and desire to not be involved in a conflict
Don’t worry about property damage
Do worry about innocent people
Don’t shoot to wound. Don’t shoot to kill. Shoot to stop.
If your opponent (criminal) is trying to escape, DO NOT shoot him
Your backup weapon should have the same action as your primary weapon, or at least be a ‘no brainer’
Draw fast slowly
It’s the man or woman who wins the battle, not the weapon
A flashlight can illuminate your target. It can also disorient your target. It can also be an impact weapon.
http://www.geocities.com/chase1911/gunwisdom.html

Back