France approves burqa ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still on topic and applicable since it discusses both about women's right and the burqa.

*gives knuckle rub on head*

Choice to wear burqa doesn't hurt woman's rights since they have choice to wear like most in heavily democratically countries like USA, Canada, EU, etc.

A friend once told me that since women tend to cover up the wrong parts of their bodies, the burqa levels the playing field. :lol:

Here's what bothers me. In France I have the right to go topless on the beach, but I don't have the right to cover myself? How does that make sense?

First it is a burqa ban, and then all head coverings in public (oh, now the Jews are effected too) and then what? All religous personal clothing? Well, that includes me, and I'm not ok with that. My undies are my buisness!

Here's what bothers me. In France I have the right to go topless on the beach, but I don't have the right to cover myself? How does that make sense?

First it is a burqa ban, and then all head coverings in public (oh, now the Jews are effected too) and then what? All religous personal clothing? Well, that includes me, and I'm not ok with that. My undies are my buisness!

Maybe in France, they prefer seeing nude women.:lol:

Bad joke..

Choice to wear burqa doesn't hurt woman's rights since they have choice to wear like most in heavily democratically countries like USA, Canada, EU, etc.

Maybe I didn't knuckle rub your head enough. LOL. I'm not talking about choices but about the forcing of women to cover their faces, bodies, etc....an infringement on their freedom and independency.

Maybe I didn't knuckle rub your head enough. LOL. I'm not talking about choices but about the forcing of women to cover their faces, bodies, etc....an infringement on their freedom and independency.

It is common practice in Islamic countries for many centuries so nothing is new to me.

If Muslim women don't like it so they can leave or escape to other countries that is more secularism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back