ford

Maybe the belts are too cheap because they are made in China. It might be a good idea for you to replace it early before the mileage's requirement meets.

It's something that you might want to think about it because most auto makers want you to buy a new car or truck in order to make more profit. It would be better off for you to replace something earlier so that your car can live much longer or a sort of a new car.

I thought that you might be interested to see this picture so that you would get the idea what is going on. I think that this is pretty a good example. You might want to laugh about it.

ripoffcars.jpg

I agree with you completely. Better newer used car than trying to baby old crappy cars. I spent alot of money trying to maintaining 1990 Mazda Protege DOHC. So I traded in for Jeep Liberty. Car valued for trade in for $100. Glad that we just got rid of it cuz dealer tried to test drive Mazda and he backed up the car then suddenly parked car back to lot just few feet. He said the tranny was whining which mean it's gonna go down any time. He said it's not worth much. I laughed cuz I knew it's going go down. I drove the car to ground before trade in so Dealer just have to junk the car for me. The Mazda have nice body but poor engine and bad tranny

My Jeep and Durango is maintenance free for now and both of them are at around 50k miles with no problems.

Newer car have better and simpler mechanical design on engine to make it last long. Some automotive do not need change timing belt at all. It only use chain that last life of the engine. That's what I prefer.

Some people bothered to keep crappy old 80's car and spent loads of money on repairs constantly not realizing if they figured how much total they spent that would have gone to better car. Most important is quality of engine that last long, not the look of the automotive.

Some just bought automotive with bad engine assuming that they can just fix it cheap but it turned out to be an expensive lawn ornament cuz of their stupid mistake "Beautiful body, lousy engine". I told my friend to tell her son, don't buy what it look nice, most important are engine runs great and body isn't important cuz it's fixable. You need good engine and tranny to get you anywhere than body of car.

Catty

Maybe the belts are too cheap because they are made in China. It might be a good idea for you to replace it early before the mileage's requirement meets.

It's something that you might want to think about it because most auto makers want you to buy a new car or truck in order to make more profit. It would be better off for you to replace something earlier so that your car can live much longer or a sort of a new car.

I thought that you might be interested to see this picture so that you would get the idea what is going on. I think that this is pretty a good example. You might want to laugh about it.

How does you know about if belt is made in China?

Not all products that made in China is bad and you are just assume.

sheesh they're definedly after ur wallet... I would go ahead change gas filter.. they're easy to do. then do airfilter for better gas mileage since they're not blocked up with all the dirt that it's been collecting...

Oh yeah go VOLKSWAGEN!!!!

Hell, my 1993 Explorer have 260k miles on the clock, and I change oil regularly and did the tranny fluid twice in my ownership. Both motor and tranny still untouched ever since. I haven't changed power steering fluid on that, and it still works. Changed air and fuel filter a couple times. This one never died on me not even once. That's my good ol Ford, my 4.0L engine is bulletproof, and most always drive below 3k RPMs that is less wear and tear and cruising on the highways too.

Just be wise on taking good care of your car/truck. Just do what is really necessary. Many lube shop just ask for more jobs to do which is unnecessary. Just do your own inspection at home which takes about 10 mins to look around and check fluids. Ask a friend who knows about cars to have inspection and to see what really needs changing.

The coolant recommends flushing and put in new one at 50,000 miles and use 50/50 mix with distilled water. Tranny fluids depending on how you drive, the abuse you put on tranny the shorter fluid life and change sooner. The more you care the longer life.

Check brake fluids to see if it's on maximum level. Don't get too low to minimum and that also is a sign that pads are getting shorter and need replacing soon.

Those 3 simple things is more critical things to check periodically to be sure they are in top shape. Coolant - to prevent overheating, tranny - to have a smoother shifting, brakes - to have best stopping performance. Oil is the top number one priority on engine life and should be changed regularly approx 5,000 miles on newer engines. Some do 3,000 miles religiously.

Hope this helps :)

Back