For those who want to practice Finger-spelling

Wirelessly posted

Wow drphil you dont think too highly of yourself or your own community. Cut yourself some slack and don't be so hard on yourself and your "hearing loss". It's unfortunate you allowed yourself to be brainwashed by the societal expectations of the Deaf community and deafness itself per se.

He's been brainwashed with his own thinking.

people are really weird about how they feel toward ASL.

Some people you just can do so much with.. It's really sad.

I'm going to simply stop responding in this thread. No reason to talk with a wall that bounces around.

I was "brainwashed by societal expectations of the Deaf community"? Really! Duly advise various people here who seem to think otherwise! Not sure how deafgal001 arrived a "self brainwashing"-my own deaf experience As for cutting myself "slack" on having a "hearing loss"almost 50 years- basic lesson from CHS on dealing with one's Hearing Loss: acceptance/don't bluff. Personally I am not sure how I should feel about ASL/BSL etc.
I understand from my user name: the first person one should understand-- yourself! Yeah he even wrote a book about it- called Self Matters Phillip C McGraw Simon Schuster New York 2001 314 pages

Implanted-Advanced Bionics-Harmony Aug/07

Wirelessly posted

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.. all done talking with you. Advice taken from a quack doctor should always be well-heeded especially when he is out for profit. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out as it's been tooting bullshit.

Mrs Bucket: your done- Peace! As for your "bald assertion" that Phillip C McGraw is quack with a PhD in Psychology-amusing! Is knowledge an antidote to ignorance? You can follow your own gratuitous advice re exit!

Implanted-Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Wirelessly posted

FYI drphil is Bill and he's 70 years old. Info kindly provided over at V F. Get this he has NEVER been into the Deaf Community at all. This guy is just an old man trying to reclaim both his youth and his hearing by being a poser. Bill, the CI is not always the answer to everything in life. I checked you over at the other forum like you encouraged us to and now I see why you analyse ASL and deafness. There is something missing in your life and it is up to YOU to find out what it is. Like I said the CI iant always the answer to eveything in life. I wish you well, I truly do. My offer still stands to introduce you to Deaf people YOUR age unless you wish to mingle with the Deaf general population. Dont shortchange yourself with JUST only the CI itself.

Mrs Bucket: your done- Peace! As for your "bald assertion" that Phillip C McGraw is quack with a PhD in Psychology-amusing! Is knowledge an antidote to ignorance? You can follow your own gratuitous advice re exit!

You do realize that his license to practice was jerked? The APA is not necessarily in favor of his actions.

Phillip C McGraws' Texas license was NOT jerked- he surrendered when it went to TV. He is no longer in private practice. He has received an APA award for his TV work.
Did anyone who watched the 2 TV programmes on the Deaf/Blind triplets think he acted as Quack?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Wirelessly posted

As a DeafBlind person I do not support Dr Phil's ways of showing support towards the DeafBlind triplets and their family. He only goes as far as to show the bigger picture and lavish the family with gifts on the show WHEN they truly need 24-7 support for the triplets. Dr Phil THINKS he is supporting when he is really hindering the triplets' independence. It would be a shame if you were to nullify this post with a quote from the quack doctor's books because both of you have YET to experience loss of both your eyes and ears. I will take this as cue to exit the thread because you seem to enjoy listening to yourself and I have far better things to do with my time. I wish you well and hope you are happy with your CI like I am with my white cane & tactiling ASL.

Dr. Phil is a quack. Period. He has a habit of exploiting people for profit. Just look what he did to Britney Spears during her meltdown. Shameful, no professional would pull a stunt like that.

What happened with the deafblind triplets on Dr. Phil was beyond horror. Like Mrs. Bucket said, their independence was severely hindered.

I acknowledge that I am NOT a Blind/deaf person just deaf. Thus don't have personal experience in dealing with the situation of blind/deaf babies. Oddly enough the 2 parents seem to think Dr Phil helped them a great deal- I guess they didn't consult with alldeaf.com-- do they have "right" help! Whether the person-"Linda"? is a quack I don't know. Supposedly started something down in Texas to assist the couple with the triplets. Did we watch the same TV program?
I am not sure how a "blind/deaf" person can "get a TV program" thus comment on it? To be more specific- if one "thinks Dr Phil is a quack" --why "watch"?
Still studying "Cognitive Dissonance"- Introductory Psychology.

Since I have met persons at the Canadian Hearing Society- who claimed to be "deaf", didn't ascertain if they were "chartered members of the deaf community". I also mentioned before I met a "blind/deaf' lady at one of my Hearing Help classes a few years ago There was another person using her fingers on the ladies' palm-"finger braille/ tactile ASL? Whatever. Your claims on "knowing what I believe except what I have keyed" are only in your imagination with nothing on a factual basis.. How could it be? We have never met! What can I "project psychological about YOU"?
My VampireFreaks.com profile is correct. Yeah even survived 4 years there- my 2 sons find it all amusing- pretending to be " Dr Phil a retired goth"! A real joke of course-getting the latest from "want to be goths". It has almost 1.3 million members. Bill sksksk

forget what sk means? TTY code.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

You don't follow your own advice! Also, don't recall ASKING your advice on anything!

Implanted Advanced Harmony-Harmony activated Aug/07

You don't follow your own advice! Also, don't recall ASKING your advice on anything!

Implanted Advanced Harmony-Harmony activated Aug/07

What advice am I not following that I preached?

You said sksk, so I returned it to you and you get all wound up.. Comical.

Back