For those who suport NCLB..take a hard look at this cartoon

Kaufmann Assesment Battery for Children?

Wirelessly posted

when i said that a particular test was given to my daughter, that is a specific test, but there are many tests that test similar things. My daughter's school uses different tests depending on the age of the student.

Then how can the school measure progress if you have all sorts of different tests?

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
Kaufmann Assesment Battery for Children?

no, that test appears to be a cognitive test, not a language test. But i don't know anything at all about it.

Wirelessly posted

no, that test appears to be a cognitive test, not a language test. But i don't know anything at all about it.

Then what is the test you are referring to? Why are you so afraid to answer a simple question?

And the Kaufman Battery actually assesses IQ and achievement.

Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:
Wirelessly posted

when i said that a particular test was given to my daughter, that is a specific test, but there are many tests that test similar things. My daughter's school uses different tests depending on the age of the student.

Then how can the school measure progress if you have all sorts of different tests?

i said there are different tests, not that they use them all. But since they serve children from birth on up, they can't use the same test for a 6 month old as a 8 year old.

Wirelessly posted

i said there are different tests, not that they use them all. But since they serve children from birth on up, they can't use the same test for a 6 month old as a 8 year old.

Sure they can. Depends on the test construction and what they are testing.

Wirelessly posted

Glad to know I am not on ignore. Exactly the same pattern as Deafguy25. :cool2:

Wirelessly posted

So which particular one are you referrring to?

Yes, the name of the test does matter. You have claimed that you know how the test has been normed and administered. You claimed that it is a standardized test, even though you appear to be very, very confused regarding what it is even measureing. You have to 1) be referring to a specific test or 2) trying to bullshit everyone as usual. Which is it?

As usual, you speak out what many of us are thinking but wont say. You definitely put all of us into shame. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

jillio said:
Wirelessly posted

Sure they can. Depends on the test construction and what they are testing.

fine.

many of the language tests are for specific age ranges. That is why they have different test options.

Wirelessly posted

that isn't a standardized test? Then what is it?

It is quite obviously something you either are 1) incapable of understanding or 2) are pretending to be willfully ignorant. Either way, it doesn't look good for someone who claims to mentor parents and advocate for deaf ed.

I don't think she will even spill. Probably is a test for younger children.

I believe that it is nothing more than a test the school has come up with that has not been normed nor standardized at all. It therefore, has virtually no reliability or validity whatsoever. If she were so sure of what she was speaking about, she would have no problem giving the name of the test. I doubt seriously she knows any of the assessment tools or procedures that are used at all.

Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:
So which particular one are you referrring to?

I don't think she will even spill. Probably is a test for younger children.

not at all. Her school would never do that. I am not saying the name of the particular test she was given because IT DOESN'T MATTER. It is just one of a dozen similar tests.

I believe that is nothing more than a test the school has come up with that has not been normed nor standardized at all. It therefore, has virtually no reliability or validity whatsoever.

We have teacher-made assessments for our own program which are the MAP, the Gmade and Gates. They are more reliable than the MSA but unfortunately, they arent taken into account when reporting stats on the Federal level.

Wirelessly posted

fine.

many of the language tests are for specific age ranges. That is why they have different test options.

Different test options? What does that even mean? What are some of those options, specifically, and what criteria are used to make the choice for the use of the test?

We have teacher-made assessments for our own program which are the MAP, the Gmade and Gates. They are more reliable than the MSA but unfortunately, they arent taken into account when reporting stats on the Federal level.

Right. But they are measuring the proper construct in the proper way, which makes their scores more accurate and valuable in the interpretation of the meaning of those scores. FJ is talking about some obscure test that she claims measures two constructs the same way.

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
I believe that is nothing more than a test the school has come up with that has not been normed nor standardized at all. It therefore, has virtually no reliability or validity whatsoever.

her school also has things like this. They have curriculum and language checklists. But they also use standardized tests.

Back